Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 07-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #76
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation
Default Re: Parasite cleanse--especially for children

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
This is a bit OT but I am wondering how you got over your allergies. . . is it posted around here somewhere
sorry i just saw this! i dont think i have put it all down in one spot. its been a long rough road. but everything i have done is here and there here on gcm. some very helpful mommas here first correlated all of our allergies with nickel and latex. then it sort of took off from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseforjoy View Post
So i just stubbled upon this thread through google while looking for a parasite cleanse that is safe for nursing. (i am nursing a 16 mo) I just bought some de, and i already have some blackwalnut, wormwood, and clove tincture. and it is almost one week to the full moon so hopefully i can start it right away. but one question with the de is that it was mentioned to take it for 90 days, why so long?? most supplement/herbs you take for 30 day and then take a break, so i am just wondering why de you take for so long. anyway i am excited to not be hungry ALL THE TIME (my main symptom-- or at least the one that is most annoying to me, although i have had thrush, yeast issues and lots of other stuff too)
anyway hope resurrecting this thread helps some other people out there too
im not sure why the directions are 90 days. im guessing thats the effective length to eliminate them all throughout the body. someone please correct me if im not remembering right but i think it takes 3 months for the body to replace all the blood with new blood. guessing it might have something to do with that too.

im wondering how everything has been going for everyone here?
we are still doing good. allergy free, asd symptom free (with an occasional lapse from sickness). still taking our clay and de routinely and at the onset of any returning symptoms. i now know, that for my family, oregano oil helps but does not do a thorough job with parasites, for my family. my medicine cabinet is clay, de, calms forte, oregano oil, a rice sock, and saline spray. i wonder how many times people get "sick" and its really just a bug. we dont get sick now like we use to.
not even close.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #77
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
im wondering how everything has been going for everyone here?
we are still doing good. allergy free, asd symptom free (with an occasional lapse from sickness). still taking our clay and de routinely and at the onset of any returning symptoms. i now know, that for my family, oregano oil helps but does not do a thorough job with parasites, for my family. my medicine cabinet is clay, de, calms forte, oregano oil, a rice sock, and saline spray. i wonder how many times people get "sick" and its really just a bug. we dont get sick now like we use to.
not even close.
We are still filled with allergies but as long as we refrain from them, we are doing good. SO many people keep suggesting we cure my dd's gut in different ways! dh is starting to say - STOP because we spend money on X to her help tummy or Y and nothing works and some make it worse Plus, he recently said (and this made a lot of sense), "if her allergies are evident in her blood, why would helping her stomach do anything?" I.E. she was diagnosed through blood work as having a physical immune reaction to over 20 foods. Even if we "fixed" her tummy lining, the chiropractor who ordered the blood work feels she needs to avoid the foods because it was an immunoglobin response (i.e. allergy vs intollerance).

So we are kind of stalled. So far, we have tried clay, DE, aloe and master's tonic to restore her gut. We eat a yeast free diet. My next step I was considering is the following
*oregano oil
*a gut regimen recommended by an expert in E.O.'s including Melrose, enzymes, probiotics and Ninxia red
*the diet that cures allergies that I can't remember the name of

BUT again, DH is getting skeptical because dd1 had a HORRID reaction to DE and nothing else has worked. We are starting to give up

This may be a thread in itself as it's not directly related to parasite cleanse but that is where we are!!!

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:09 AM   #78
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
We are still filled with allergies but as long as we refrain from them, we are doing good. SO many people keep suggesting we cure my dd's gut in different ways! dh is starting to say - STOP because we spend money on X to her help tummy or Y and nothing works and some make it worse Plus, he recently said (and this made a lot of sense), "if her allergies are evident in her blood, why would helping her stomach do anything?" I.E. she was diagnosed through blood work as having a physical immune reaction to over 20 foods. Even if we "fixed" her tummy lining, the chiropractor who ordered the blood work feels she needs to avoid the foods because it was an immunoglobin response (i.e. allergy vs intollerance).

So we are kind of stalled. So far, we have tried clay, DE, aloe and master's tonic to restore her gut. We eat a yeast free diet. My next step I was considering is the following
*oregano oil
*a gut regimen recommended by an expert in E.O.'s including Melrose, enzymes, probiotics and Ninxia red
*the diet that cures allergies that I can't remember the name of

BUT again, DH is getting skeptical because dd1 had a HORRID reaction to DE and nothing else has worked. We are starting to give up

This may be a thread in itself as it's not directly related to parasite cleanse but that is where we are!!!
i'll pm you so i wont be off topic. i had been allergic, not sensitive, since i was a child. and my oldest had an epi pen, she was wasnt just sensitive. it can be done and for us it didnt have to cost a lot. we did it on a budget. healing the gut is so important because that is how the proteins enter the blood.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #79
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
i'll pm you so i wont be off topic. i had been allergic, not sensitive, since i was a child. and my oldest had an epi pen, she was wasnt just sensitive. it can be done and for us it didnt have to cost a lot. we did it on a budget. healing the gut is so important because that is how the proteins enter the blood.
I got your PM and responded. . . what I meant by "give up" is just keep with what we do
1. keep all known food allergies out of kid's diets
2. aloe
3. master's tonic
4. probiotics
5. fish oils
6. calcium
7. tons of alkaline water (4oz per year of age)
8. this is dd1 only -- eat slowly, no water at meals, no second portions - I have hated to do this (it feels very controlling ) but dd1 has to wait at least a half hour between portions or she gets a gut ache from eating
9. do not use DE - we can't tolerate it

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
Old 07-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #80
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

You know how we say, "It works both ways!"

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute

What was the reaction to DE?
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #81
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
What was the reaction to DE?
Abdominal pain and cramping . . . for dd1 - not all of us - I mistyped. . . dh, myself and ds had NO reaction after a month - not good, not bad. And dd2 seemed to have some positives -- she is still taking it

Abdominal pain and cramping is dd1's normal "allergic" reaction to her IgG foods = IgE foods usually include vomiting with the pain and cramping

Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #82
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

You know how we say, "It works both ways!"

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Does she use any enzyme supplements?
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:26 AM   #83
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Does she use any enzyme supplements?
Papaya chlorophyl but now that I type that we are out . . . .

I forgot her WORSE symptom was a huge amount of bloating. Just like it used to be before giving up her 20 foods. She couldn't button her pants for a week and just barely bumping her stomach caused her to squeal and cry I actually still feel terrible about it