Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Animal Companions (Pets) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Animal Companions (Pets) *Public* A public forum.

Old 06-18-2016, 01:21 AM   #1
thankfulheart
Climbing Rose

thankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud of
Default Missing Dog

I let two of our three dogs out into our fenced backyard tonight about 10:30 and a little later one of them was on our side porch (outside the fence) barking to be let in. The other was nowhere to be seen. We think someone intentionally opened the gate in the far back corner of our yard. They dogs had all been out several times all evening and we were out there at one point setting up a kiddie pool and the gate was closed. We found that it was open when we went out to find out how the dogs got out. I looked until 2am for her. I am just so worried about her. She is such a sweet girl and my daughter will be devastated when she gets up and finds out she's gone. It's her dog that she got for her birthday a couple years ago and she loves her dearly. Please pray that she comes home or that someone finds her and we are able to bring her home. I worry that someone has stolen her and we won't ever know what happened. She does have a collar with tags and she does have a microchip, so hopefully that will help get her home.

I can't sleep. She's like one of our babies.
The Following User Says Thank You to thankfulheart For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-22-2016)
The Following 3 Users Say they are praying for thankfulheart:
Little Forest (06-18-2016), Soliloquy (06-18-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (06-18-2016)
Old 06-18-2016, 05:35 AM   #2
SalH
Rose Trellis

SalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing Dog

Praying, especially since you have the chip. How upsetting xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SalH For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-22-2016), thankfulheart (06-18-2016)
Old 06-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #3
Llee

Dancing stands with all seahorses who are journeying to freedom

Llee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond repute

Praying.

Lead the children to see in every pleasant and beautiful thing an expression of God's love for them. Recommend your religion to them by its pleasantness.
Let the law of kindness be in your lips.
~Ellen G. White

Llee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #4
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Would go to local animal control center and check.On weekends ours has a place where people can leave found stray animals that they only check evry so often and even if they are open it may be they are short staffed and found dogs get processed more slowly.can also post on local craigslist

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:58 PM   #6
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

I'm most definitely an INFJ. ;-)

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond repute

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #7
thankfulheart
Climbing Rose

thankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud of

Someone thought they spotted her in the bean field near our fire station. We've just spent the last couple hours looking for her and now it's too dark to look more. We live in a pretty rural area so there isn't an animal control center or anything near us. We've put fliers up today and posted on our local fb pages and it's been shared a bunch. Had a few towns people out looking with us tonight and that was so wonderful to have people care.

She was last seen heading south towards a bunch of fields and woods. We are worried about coyotes at this point. I just pray we can find her soon.

It's been an awful 24 hours now and it's so upsetting thinking of her being in danger or hungry or scared. I can hardly stand to think of it.

My daughter is taking it hard as expected. She just keeps praying.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thankfulheart For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-22-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (06-18-2016)
The Following 5 Users Say they are praying for thankfulheart:
CJNeeley (06-19-2016), Llee (06-19-2016), Peaceful Meadows (06-18-2016), sweetpeasmommy (06-18-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (06-18-2016)
Old 06-18-2016, 08:02 PM   #8
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Praying she finds her way back to you tonight.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:51 AM   #9
MariJo7
Rose Trellis

MariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, these are such hard things. The same thing happened to us many years ago. My daughter's dog. We did not get her back ever and we never got to know what happened to her. I so hope you will get your daughter's dog back.

We have had many dogs. Here are some things that did help us to get a runaway back:

1. The car. Some of our dogs knew the sound of our car very well and liked to drive along. We were able to catch them by taking a short drive with the car in the neigborhood. We drove slowly and stopped so now and then. The runaway dog heard the sound and came to the car by itself.

2. Food. Sometimes the runaway came back when we took it's favourite food with us when we went to search for it. The familiar "dinner call" (whatever you use to call them to eat) also helped sometimes.

3. A familiar dog.
It may be one of your own dogs. You could take the other dog with you on a leash when you go to find the runaway. Your dog may smell or hear it's friend and come back. Also another familiar dog may help. I once got my big, stubborn and very hard running dog back with the help of our neighbor's dog. My dog had always been very curious about this neighbor's dog. So the neighbor lady let that dog out to run in her backyard, and within a minute, my dog came to look for it. The neighbour lady let my dog in her backyard where we were able to catch it.

I so hope you will get the dog back the one way or the other.
MariJo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MariJo7 For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-22-2016), Llee (06-19-2016), SalH (06-19-2016), thankfulheart (06-19-2016)
Old 06-19-2016, 02:09 AM   #10
SalH
Rose Trellis

SalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond repute

Great advice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to SalH For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2016, 05:43 AM   #11
thankfulheart
Climbing Rose

Great advice! We did take our dog with us this morning. We spotted Honey in the field where she was seen last night. It's a big bean field. I called to her at one end an she ran flat out to the other. By the time I got around the country roads around it she was at the edge of the south end of the field. So I called to her gently and she looked at me and ran as fast as she could the other way! I saw her one more time after that but couldn't find her again after she ran again. I'm afraid she went into the corn field across the road from it. You can only drive along one side of it and it's huge.

I have no idea why she's running from us. I'm going back out in a bit. It's supposed to get really hot here today so hoping I can find her again early and somehow get her to come.

Last edited by thankfulheart; 06-19-2016 at 05:56 AM.
thankfulheart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thankfulheart For This Useful Post:
The Following User Says they are praying for thankfulheart:
Llee (06-19-2016)
Old 06-19-2016, 06:18 AM   #12
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

I'm most definitely an INFJ. ;-)

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond repute

The tips mentioned above have worked for me before too. I've also had success with showing dogs a bag of their favorite treat and simply saying "doggy wasn't a treat?" And dropping down into a squatting posture (rather than standing which I think intimidated them when they wanna run.)

My dogs also repeatedly fall for the leash trick.... lol... they love walks so I show then their leash and say "wanna go out?" And they run to me to go on a walk. Lol!!
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitPatientlyOnTheLord For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2016, 08:00 AM   #13
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankfulheart View Post
Great advice! We did take our dog with us this morning. We spotted Honey in the field where she was seen last night. It's a big bean field. I called to her at one end an she ran flat out to the other. By the time I got around the country roads around it she was at the edge of the south end of the field. So I called to her gently and she looked at me and ran as fast as she could the other way! I saw her one more time after that but couldn't find her again after she ran again. I'm afraid she went into the corn field across the road from it. You can only drive along one side of it and it's huge.

I have no idea why she's running from us. I'm going back out in a bit. It's supposed to get really hot here today so hoping I can find her again early and somehow get her to come.

They do that when they're scared.

I would honestly let your daughter, assuming she's eleven or more, spend the day looking, with help. I know it's blazing hot.

Put out a bowl of water and have dd sit near it, quietly calling. Shake a kibble bowl. Put the dogs crate of bed there too.

I'm so sorry. Such a hard thing.
everybody's mother (06-22-2016), Llee (06-19-2016)
Old 06-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #14
thankfulheart
Climbing Rose

We just came back to the house to cool off. We had put a blanket under a tree in the shade, but it's getting more hot by the minute. We took our other dog, Ruby, hoping that if she saw us and saw her she would be interested in it...but we never saw her again and Ruby kept reminding me that she's delicate and is used to the air conditioning. So is our missing girl. I'm thinking maybe she is curled up in the woods that border one little portion of the field. Trying to stay cool herself? But honestly, I think when she ran from us this morning she crossed into that cornfield and may have kept on going. I don't know. We will sure go back out in a bit and try some more!

My daughter is 9. She did really good out there so far, but she didn't sleep well last night again and we drug her out so early today that she's getting really tired.
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for thankfulheart:
Llee (06-19-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (06-19-2016)
Old 06-19-2016, 07:38 PM   #15
thankfulheart
Climbing Rose

She's home!! We got her back a few hours ago. She had a few minor injuries, sprained paw and a stem from a plant lodged in the white part of her eye, but other than that was just hungry and exhausted. Had her taken care of and she's been cuddling with her girl most of the night!

She finally came back to the area we'd seen her at this morning and we cornered her by a barn and I think just sheer exhaustion kept her from running. We are sooo glad she is okay and home with us!!

Thank you for praying and the good advice!!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thankfulheart For This Useful Post:
CJNeeley (06-20-2016), esperanza (06-19-2016), everybody's mother (06-22-2016), Johns_Gal (06-19-2016), Llee (06-20-2016), mamacat (06-20-2016), SalH (06-19-2016), sweetpeasmommy (06-20-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (06-19-2016)