Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Hope
Rose Blossom

Hope is a jewel in the roughHope is a jewel in the roughHope is a jewel in the rough
Default Article about Christians spanking wives

Has anyone seen these articles yet that came out at the end if last month? The Christians Against Violent and Abusive Parenting facebook page posted the link to one...I had never heard of the sect of Christianity (?) that did that before today though. It actually seems like a great conversation starter because the practice sounds so bizarre, but if the word "wife" were switched with "child" in the article it wouldn't sound much different than mainstream Christian parenting teachings like even Dobson. What a reminder that we still have a long way to go...

Sensitive, passionate, gentle and strong mommy and wife
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
mwwr
Deactivated

It is good to be Queen!

mwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Article about Christians spanking wives

mwwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Subbing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
hollybells
Deactivated

hollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond repute

hollybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
keepinghome
Rose Bush

keepinghome is a jewel in the roughkeepinghome is a jewel in the roughkeepinghome is a jewel in the roughkeepinghome is a jewel in the rough

I saw a website promoting it a few weeks ago. It freaked me out - I cant imagine what kind of relationship those people have....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
and Titus born Dec 2011
keepinghome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #6
OneLove
Rose Bouquet

OneLove is a glorious beacon of lightOneLove is a glorious beacon of lightOneLove is a glorious beacon of lightOneLove is a glorious beacon of lightOneLove is a glorious beacon of lightOneLove is a glorious beacon of light

I have heard little bits here and there but never anything official or on the record

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
OneLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #7
Calliope
Rose Garden

Calliope has a reputation beyond reputeCalliope has a reputation beyond reputeCalliope has a reputation beyond reputeCalliope has a reputation beyond reputeCalliope has a reputation beyond reputeCalliope has a reputation beyond reputeCalliope has a reputation beyond reputeCalliope has a reputation beyond reputeCalliope has a reputation beyond reputeCalliope has a reputation beyond reputeCalliope has a reputation beyond repute

Usually it goes by the euphemism "Domestic Discipline". It's couched in terms like "Head of Household" that makes it makes sound slightly like WOS Christianity. In reality, it's primarily a sexual fetish.
and BabyG homebirth'd homeboy - 3
Awaiting reunion with Ruby Elizabeth born 17w 6d - 1/28/10

Agent Romance
Saving the world, one bedroom at a time!!

Calliope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:
Can'tTurnLeft (07-06-2013), CelticJourney (07-06-2013), Chaos Coordinator (07-06-2013), chasingbutterflies (07-06-2013), Domina (07-06-2013), dulce de leche (07-06-2013), Eowyn (07-06-2013), gpsings (07-08-2013), HadassahSukkot (07-06-2013), librarianjojo (07-07-2013), Lily (07-07-2013), Luciola (07-06-2013), Mama2MeadowRose (07-07-2013), MercyInDisguise (07-06-2013), milkmommy (11-17-2014), On Fire (07-07-2013), rjy9343 (07-07-2013), SewingGreenMama (07-06-2013), shaslove (07-07-2013), Soliloquy (07-06-2013), TenderLovingWillow (07-06-2013), Zooey (07-08-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
Domina
Rose Garden

Domina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinghome View Post
I saw a website promoting it a few weeks ago. It freaked me out - I cant imagine what kind of relationship those people have....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
A kinky one.

Beaming mama to Sumo since 2010.
Addicted to , curry and my Kindle.

Martyrs make lousy lovers and party guests. ~ Michael Flocker
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Domina For This Useful Post:
deena (07-08-2013), milkmommy (11-17-2014)
Old 07-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
Can'tTurnLeft
Deactivated

Can'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond repute

It is a sexual fetish. It isn't about discipline or abuse the vast majority of the time. Sometimes it is, but it is a mutual relationship where the couple enjoys it. Most of the time, not always, it is a respectful relationship. I think it is bizarre, but whatever. Not my life, not my problem.
Can'tTurnLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Can'tTurnLeft For This Useful Post:
MercyInDisguise (07-06-2013), milkmommy (11-17-2014)
Old 07-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
Andi
Rose Bush

Andi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to behold

I read something somewhere as to how spanking came about and it started as between husband and wife...

Here it is:
http://aolff.org/spare-the-rod/the-s...ry-of-spanking
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (07-06-2013), Zooey (07-08-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
BarefootBetsy
Rose Garden

"You are on the path...exactly where you are meant to be."

BarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond repute

If it's consensual then I don't have a problem with it It's not something I'm interested in, but I know that many people (non-Christians as well) do enjoy it consensually.

If it's couched in spiritual abuse and women are "consenting" only because they're being coerced in some way or aren't consenting at all then I do have a problem with that.

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any views or opinions presented in the above posts are solely those of BarefootBetsy, the GCM member, and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of anyone else in the entire world.
BarefootBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BarefootBetsy For This Useful Post:
Can'tTurnLeft (07-06-2013), CelticJourney (07-06-2013), Domina (07-06-2013), DoulaClara (07-08-2013), Llee (07-06-2013), Luciola (07-06-2013), melissa5317 (07-09-2013), MercyInDisguise (07-06-2013), milkmommy (11-17-2014), rjy9343 (07-07-2013), SewingGreenMama (07-06-2013), shaslove (07-07-2013), Soliloquy (07-06-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #12
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

i found a website a long long long time ago....pre-kids even....where the woman discussed it in her relationship with her husband and made it sound like she was just an average housewife who deserved a spanking for things like doing the dishes wrong or whatever. She "consented" to it in that she agreed with her husband that she needed to "learn her lesson" and that the next time she went to do whatever the task was, she considered the sting of being spanked by him and made a better choice to do it right. I'm pretty sure the task was dishes. She did go into just about that much detail if not a little more.

So i went on to explore her site because and was reading comments of people telling her that she was in an abusive relationship, which she rebutted saying that she consented to it, he wasn't an abusive man, she deserved it, etc. and also of people telling her that she was in a bdsmorwhatever relationship which she also denied, saying that their sex life is just a normal whitebread sex life (okay she didn't use those words).

this was a website about being a good Christian housewife, homeschooling her large family, cooking nutritious but cheap meals, frugality in family living, and, ya know, domestic discipline.

really glad that i dont remember the web address. it was like one of those things that you can't look away from even when you want to.

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chaos Coordinator For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (07-06-2013), Luciola (07-06-2013), MercyInDisguise (07-06-2013), Peridot (07-06-2013), rjy9343 (07-07-2013), shaslove (07-07-2013), Zooey (07-08-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #13
Andi
Rose Bush

Andi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to beholdAndi is a splendid one to behold

I seriously can't fathom how you do the dishes wrong. Kudos if they get cleaned before the next meal.... ;-)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (07-07-2013), BlissfullyEsther (07-06-2013), Happygrl (07-06-2013), illinoismommy (07-06-2013), Lily (07-07-2013), Llee (07-06-2013), NovelMama (07-06-2013), Two Little Birds (07-06-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #14
Two Little Birds
Deactivated

"Knitting is Mama's job"

Location: Where the wind blows, the snow flies and mere mortals can't breathe
Two Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I seriously can't fathom how you do the dishes wrong. Kudos if they get cleaned before the next meal.... ;-)
Seriously. Oh wait. Dh does the dishes.
Two Little Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Two Little Birds For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (07-07-2013), Chaos Coordinator (07-06-2013), Happygrl (07-06-2013), Llee (07-06-2013), MercyInDisguise (07-06-2013), TenderLovingWillow (07-06-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
Andi
Rose Bush

DH normally does the dishes, but I will do them if he has to work or gets behind. Maybe a spanking would keep him from getting behind....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
Domina (07-06-2013), Happygrl (07-06-2013), illinoismommy (07-06-2013), Llee (07-06-2013), MrsPope86 (07-06-2013), Peridot (07-06-2013), Two Little Birds (07-06-2013)