Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Animal Companions (Pets) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Animal Companions (Pets) *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #136
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming out: We're getting a puppy (PICS ::grin::) (Edit: MORE pics, post 8 :giggl

I know I was supposed to put down the growth charts ... but they are supposed to be gaining 5 lbs a week in growth, and they are very very NOT.

I was reading about a pup who wasn't growing because it had... I forgot what it's called. Some kind of microbe from drinking river water.

Anyway, I think Monday we're going to call and set up a vet appointment. Just to have him checked out and make sure he's fine. I'll feel better, then. No more speculation .

He does seem to be a bit more of a stinker as he gets healthier . He is still shockingly easy, though

Welcoming all prayers for a sticky duckling this time

At the end of time, I will kiss you all over your face.
duckwithoneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
kwisie (05-20-2013), Tandem mama (05-19-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #137
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming out: We're getting a puppy (PICS ::grin::) (Edit: MORE pics, post 8 :giggl

There is a chance my mentor friend pastor dear one person is going to go get a pup from this litter, too HAHAHA... And a sister of my childhood BFF : roll ... If they do, then half the litter will have gone to me and afternoon rain and people we know and love

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
curlymopmom (12-15-2013), kwisie (05-20-2013), Tandem mama (05-19-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #138
mom2boys
Rose Garden

mom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond repute

What an adorable little guy!!!
My dad used to have a st. bernard, but he was a farm dog. That was before I came along.
Ben (14) Greyson (11) Gabe (8)
INFP and DYT 3/2
mom2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mom2boys For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-19-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #139
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, totally do a New Puppy visit. It helps.

I just assumed they were, but considering the food issue, if he hasn't been vaccinated I would get on that now. Personal experience with a parvo pup = don't want anybody else to go through that ever. Not to preach or pester. Just if they haven't yet, I would.

Has he gained anything?
duckwithoneleg (05-19-2013), kwisie (05-20-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #140
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_Gal View Post
Oh yeah, totally do a New Puppy visit. It helps.

I just assumed they were, but considering the food issue, if he hasn't been vaccinated I would get on that now. Personal experience with a parvo pup = don't want anybody else to go through that ever. Not to preach or pester. Just if they haven't yet, I would.

Has he gained anything?
We are told that he's UTD on shots But yes, new puppy visit next week

He's not parvo-y And I don't have a scale, but he's definitely gaining... just, I really doubt five pounds. We tried to buy a scale today, but ds was DONE with the store . We'll get one .

Puppy is almost bigger than my giant cat. I would like him to be bigger than my cat, because that is just embarrassing ... BUT TO BE FAIR. My cat is huge.

I noticed today that Mr. Bultitude doesn't fit in my lap anymore. he spilled out over the center console of the car. He *has* to be growing. And he is looking fatter.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
curlymopmom (12-15-2013), kwisie (05-20-2013), mollobe (05-19-2013), Mommainrwanda (05-19-2013), racheepoo (05-20-2013), Tandem mama (05-20-2013), TenderLovingWillow (05-20-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #141
Ethereal

Oh how divine is that pup!!! I want one!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #142
Atsirk
Rose Trellis

My sweet boy a few days after his 1st birthday!

Atsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for continuing to share pictures of that sweet adorable puppy.
Baby C born 12/19/18!
Atsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atsirk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #143
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

We're gonna try to get him to the vet today if they'll have us. There's something up with his eye this morning and he's all mopey .

Old 05-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #144
J3K
Deactivated

Hi ! I'm Myrtle. I like to pretend I'm an R.O.U.S.

J3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Molly as a dog name. I gifited my folks with a rescue dog by the name of Molly. My mother said , "That's a people name. Let's name her Millie. Close enough she'll recognize it."

Three weeks later a friend at church had her first child and named her Millie.

We've got cats named Amy , Leah , Miriam and Bernard.
J3K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J3K For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-20-2013), LoveIsGentle (05-20-2013), mollobe (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #145
LoveIsGentle
Rose Garden

LoveIsGentle has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3K View Post
Re: Molly as a dog name. I gifited my folks with a rescue dog by the name of Molly. My mother said , "That's a people name.
The reason I was so against naming dd Molly was because I almost always heard it as a dog name.

It's been a year since she was named, and I'm just now starting to get used to it.
LoveIsGentle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveIsGentle For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-20-2013), mollobe (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #146
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

loving all the puppy pictures

that the vet visit goes well
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LadybugSam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #147
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugSam View Post
loving all the puppy pictures

that the vet visit goes well
They'll have us today and I am so glad, because he is just sleeping and sleeping through all the times that he's usually into everything

The Following User Says Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
twentysixcats (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #148
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute

Aww, poor puppy. Hope it's nothing and he's back to usual soon.

And, he does look better. Really. His face isn't so bony and his legs are a bit more chubby, or so it looks to me. Glad he'll have a vet look him over and make sure he's doing well.

I swear, with every photo you post I want to be able to reach over and tug on his floppy lips. Who's a big squishy, you are, yes you are!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #149
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_Gal View Post
Aww, poor puppy. Hope it's nothing and he's back to usual soon.

And, he does look better. Really. His face isn't so bony and his legs are a bit more chubby, or so it looks to me. Glad he'll have a vet look him over and make sure he's doing well.

I swear, with every photo you post I want to be able to reach over and tug on his floppy lips. Who's a big squishy, you are, yes you are!
HIS FLOPPY LIPS! Yes! His floooppppy liiiipppps Squishhhhy puppy pants. I am a blithering puddle of goo all the live long day.

And thank you all for humoring me with this endless thread . I can't stop myself.

Between the baby's fat little cheeks and the puppy's droopy jowls, I am just drowning in the cutest ocean there ever was

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
Atsirk (05-20-2013), Johns_Gal (05-20-2013), kwisie (05-20-2013), mollobe (05-20-2013), Mommainrwanda (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #150
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

I sometimes suspect I accepted a Chihuahua because he's kinda like a perma-puppy, without the puppy silliness.

I'm a little that we're talking about if your puppy is big enough when he could probably squash my eleven year old dog with one careless sit.