Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] > Homeschooling & Unschooling Info and FAQ's *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Homeschooling & Unschooling Info and FAQ's *Public* A public forum.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
BearyBlessed
Rose Garden

BearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's your weekly schedule/routine?

I'm trying to figure out how to spend our time as we start school stuff up. I want to balance at home time with being out, not overdo too much on the extra curriculars, but have enough to do to keep us occupied.

So, what does your week look like? - in as much or little detail as you want to share.
How many classes are your kids in? Do you do outings in the morning or afternoon? Are you out every day? Just 1-2? Where do you fit in grocery shopping or trips to the gym?
And, if you know, are you and extrovert or introvert? How does that play into your choices? What about your kids? How do you balance the two if you are different?

Wife to my best friend since December 2000
Mama to my boys
Aji ~ My long awaited blessing ~ May 2007
Living with T1D since May 2012

YoYo ~ My HBAC miracle ~ November 2009

BearyBlessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
joysworld
Deactivated

~I choose joy~

joysworld has a reputation beyond reputejoysworld has a reputation beyond reputejoysworld has a reputation beyond reputejoysworld has a reputation beyond reputejoysworld has a reputation beyond reputejoysworld has a reputation beyond reputejoysworld has a reputation beyond reputejoysworld has a reputation beyond reputejoysworld has a reputation beyond reputejoysworld has a reputation beyond reputejoysworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your weekly schedule/routine?

I'm an introvert. We have weekly park days. Monthly Lego robotics club, biweekly Lego play, weekly intro to music/music history. And we do a field trip with a group every mont or so. Outings are mainly in afternoon, or rather right after lunch. Except for Lego robotics.

I do grocery shopping on Sundays, we aren't part of gym.
joysworld is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joysworld For This Useful Post:
BearyBlessed (08-13-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 04:24 AM   #3
MomtoJGJ
Deactivated

MomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an introvert. I have a big E dd, a big I dd, and two who are somewhere in the middle. But I'm thinking it's more that they've been dragged everywhere because they are 3 and 4 I"m thinking they'd be more I if we didn't have the E. Now that that rambling is done

Monday: generally is playdate day if there is one. Maybe once a month?
Tuesday: normally nothing
Wednesday: library story time in the morning and AWANA in the evening
Thursday: enrichment from 9-12 (like a co-op of sorts)
Friday: I go out with friends to hang out and chat after the kids are in bed
Saturday: depends on what season it is... more later
Sunday: church AM and I think kids choir is starting back after a year long hiatus!! that'll be evening.

Now... depending on the season. In the winter/spring we have basketball... they practice one night a week and games on Saturday. It's only 6 weeks, but I'm DONE by the end of the 6 weeks and ready to have a break... which we don't really get spring/summer is softball/tball... tball has practice one night a week and games on Saturday, softball has either practice or game one night a week. Once games start there are no more practices. That is hectic simply because there's so many of us.

In the fall, we have season tickets to Mississippi State football games. So for 6 or 7 weekends we travel down there... about 9 hours one way. We go down on Thursday and back on Sunday.

This summer we had a LOT of stuff going on daily. Swim lessons, choir camp, vbs, etc... So we got in the habit of getting chores and school done by 8:30-9... I'm hoping to keep that up through the fall.

We are debating putting the kids in gymnastics... that would be Monday evenings for an hour. It might be too much and I have to find out if it's a monthly commitment or if we have to do the full year. That will make or break it for me. Especially since I really don't see my oldest enjoying it.

I don't go to the gym... we stopped a few years ago and I just haven't figured out when to go...
MomtoJGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MomtoJGJ For This Useful Post:
BearyBlessed (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
BearyBlessed
Rose Garden

BearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond reputeBearyBlessed has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an introvert and Aji is a big extrovert. YoYo is also an introvert. Aji would probably go and do something every day if he could, but he does like playing at home, too.

The only things I have scheduled so far for the fall are our circus class on Monday afternoons and a playdate/co-op type thing on Wednesdays. I'd really love to add at least one more class for Aji, not sure about YoYo yet.
I have a Y membership that I *really* need to start using. I'm trying to figure out how many days a week to go and what time of day.

I don't want to burn us out. But, I want to have enough stuff to do that it will provide a routine and not have us too bored.

Wife to my best friend since December 2000
Mama to my boys
Aji ~ My long awaited blessing ~ May 2007
Living with T1D since May 2012

YoYo ~ My HBAC miracle ~ November 2009

BearyBlessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Amber
Rose Garden

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute

I am an introvert. Big and Little M are extroverts, C is an introvert and K falls somewhere in the middle. We aren't involved in many outside classes/groups.

On Mondays and Tuesdays we have counseling. Monday evening we also have homeschool soccer. Our church is starting a kids program on Wednesday evenings and I am thinking about taking them to that too. I try to get in four solid days of school each week so we can get through our curriculum in a decent amount of time. School takes a bit longer for us each day because of the one on one work each of the boys need. So while they only do school for about 2 hrs a day, it takes me almost all day to work with them like they need.

I usually do grocery shopping/errands on the weekend when DH is home to watch the kids.
Big M (6/03) Forever ours Dec 2012
C (6/04),
Little M (10/05) Forever ours Dec 2012
K (5/06)

Missing our foster daughter Miss A
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amber For This Useful Post:
BearyBlessed (08-14-2013)