Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post]
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] A place for both current homeschoolers/unschoolers and those who are considering homeschooling to find support.
A public forum. A read-only forum unless you join the corresponding usergroup here.

Please Note: Everyone can read this forum, and everyone is welcome to seek and offer homeschooling/unschooling support in this forum, but to post you must join the corresponding usergroup.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #46
Leslie
Rose Garden

Genteel Princess Mollie

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Peasy - All in One Homeschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic oak View Post
How wonderful that this mom has shared so freely.
As a mom who has a homeschool website with a similar purpose, I know of a possible way to thank her and help her out. A friend who used some of her website said that some of her links are bad (the website she linked to is gone, or moved). Keeping up with links can be quite a job; if she intends to keep her site up to date and useful, I'll bet she would appreciate being alerted to bad links, and even better, some help tracking down links that have moved.

I know of a way to track down links that have moved, too. I'll put it in a spoiler.

Last edited by Leslie; 10-31-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leslie For This Useful Post:
AdrienneQW (10-31-2013), Hopetobe (10-31-2013), justbreathe (11-07-2013), mommylove (11-02-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #47
Glitterfish
Rose Garden

That's not grey in my hair, it's glitter growing from my head. Duh. (formerly of the sstarcake variety)

Glitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
As a mom who has a homeschool website with a similar purpose, I know of a possible way to thank her and help her out. A friend who used some of her website said that some of her links are bad (the website she linked to is gone, or moved). Keeping up with links can be quite a job; if she intends to keep her site up to date and useful, I'll bet she would appreciate being alerted to bad links, and even better, some help tracking down links that have moved.

I know of a way to track down links that have moved, too. I'll put it in a spoiler.

There's a FB group for Easy Peasy users that is specifically for reporting problems w/ links, typos, etc. There's something new posted almost every day

Punky
Peanut
Stinker
two we never got to hold
and one due in May 2015

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!". ~Mythbusters
Glitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glitterfish For This Useful Post:
gpsings (11-01-2013), Hopetobe (10-31-2013), Tandem mama (10-31-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #48
Chickadee&Me
Climbing Rose

Chickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone use it for K? My daughter knows all her letter sounds and we started with Getting Ready 1 day 172 like she recommends. My daughter hated the video but I wrote down the words and made a game and she did fine.
My question is can we really do a lesson in the reader everyday? Or is that really fast? How did you find it?
Previously Bear&Me
Chickadee&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #49
gpsings
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

ORANGE you glad I made a new avatar? :D

gpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond repute

I cant get the mcguffy reader to play audio or print. This is a problem. Also figuring out where my kids fall in the middle of the year is complicated. My son loves the math games. It's a curve for me in planning.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2

Gretchen
ENTP
Wife of Kevin
Blessed AP, Homeschooling mama to:
Aneliese age 13, Breena age 10, and Caden age 7

gpsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #50
mellifera
Rose Trellis

mellifera has a reputation beyond reputemellifera has a reputation beyond reputemellifera has a reputation beyond reputemellifera has a reputation beyond reputemellifera has a reputation beyond reputemellifera has a reputation beyond reputemellifera has a reputation beyond reputemellifera has a reputation beyond reputemellifera has a reputation beyond reputemellifera has a reputation beyond reputemellifera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear&Me View Post
Anyone use it for K? My daughter knows all her letter sounds and we started with Getting Ready 1 day 172 like she recommends. My daughter hated the video but I wrote down the words and made a game and she did fine.
My question is can we really do a lesson in the reader everyday? Or is that really fast? How did you find it?
There is no way P could do a lesson every day. We have been using EP for about 1.5 months and we're on lesson 11. We don't use EP every day for reading--we alternate with Bob Books and Explode the Code to reinforce ideas. Seeing words in different contexts is important for P--for a while he had me thinking he could read because he had memorized, word for word, some of the primers we were using.
mellifera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mellifera For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #51
Chickadee&Me
Climbing Rose

Chickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond reputeChickadee&Me has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsings View Post
I cant get the mcguffy reader to play audio or print. This is a problem. Also figuring out where my kids fall in the middle of the year is complicated. My son loves the math games. It's a curve for me in planning.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
There is no audio for the McGuffey book and you can get the readers here https://archive.org/details/mcguffeyseclecti00mcgu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifera View Post
There is no way P could do a lesson every day. We have been using EP for about 1.5 months and we're on lesson 11. We don't use EP every day for reading--we alternate with Bob Books and Explode the Code to reinforce ideas. Seeing words in different contexts is important for P--for a while he had me thinking he could read because he had memorized, word for word, some of the primers we were using.
That's good because I'm thinking that was a little intense for Pre-K

I think we're going to use the same concept except with the BOB books. I've taken the words and we play the POP game. It's much more fun that way since she really does NOT like the "Look at your words" video.
Previously Bear&Me

Last edited by Chickadee&Me; 11-03-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Chickadee&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #52
fourbygrace

We just started using Easy Peasy with my 3rd grader 2 weeks ago. He really likes it.

Thanks, Glitterfish, for mentioning the FB group! Off to find it.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #53
Glitterfish
Rose Garden

That's not grey in my hair, it's glitter growing from my head. Duh. (formerly of the sstarcake variety)

Glitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond repute

Did you find it? Here's a link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/354938...ser=1081788502

Punky
Peanut
Stinker
two we never got to hold
and one due in May 2015

The Following User Says Thank You to Glitterfish For This Useful Post:
justbreathe (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #54
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

FB group is great.Its def way to have questions answered or to report any glitches or links not working etc.

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #55
mamahammer
Deactivated

There must be beaches in heaven

mamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who is using/has used this, how did you set it up so your kids could easily find what they needed to do each day? I saw on a blog that someone set up Evernote notebooks, but they didn't say anything further about it. Or were your kids able to navigate the site easily? And keep track of the days they were on?
mamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamahammer For This Useful Post:
justbreathe (12-10-2013)
Old 12-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #56
Peaceful Meadows
Rose Garden

Peaceful Meadows has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahammer View Post
Anyone who is using/has used this, how did you set it up so your kids could easily find what they needed to do each day? I saw on a blog that someone set up Evernote notebooks, but they didn't say anything further about it. Or were your kids able to navigate the site easily? And keep track of the days they were on?
That's a good question. We are no longer using it. (My boys didn't like it. We're too free spirited, I guess. ) But when we were trying it they kept asking me what day they were on. I had a notebook with where everyone was at jotted down. There has to be a better way than that to keep track, though.

Feel free to visit my little nook
Peaceful Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peaceful Meadows For This Useful Post:
gpsings (12-09-2013)
Old 12-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #57
gpsings
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

ORANGE you glad I made a new avatar? :D

gpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't like it. We tried...I am signing up for k12. I just feel like I'm not equipped to keep up, and though part of me feels like I'm giving up, it's not about me. It's about the kids being educated.

Gretchen
ENTP
Wife of Kevin
Blessed AP, Homeschooling mama to:
Aneliese age 13, Breena age 10, and Caden age 7

gpsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #58
Glitterfish
Rose Garden

At the beginning of each level, I think she has a link to a sheet you can print out w/ the days all numbered, and you check them off as you do them. We don't do that, but it's there

Punky
Peanut
Stinker
two we never got to hold
and one due in May 2015

Old 12-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #59
Stonebeck Farm
Rose Trellis

Stonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond reputeStonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond reputeStonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond reputeStonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond reputeStonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond reputeStonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond reputeStonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond reputeStonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond reputeStonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond reputeStonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond reputeStonebeck Farm has a reputation beyond repute

We use it for HS French and the questions from Early American History. I also use the Math game links with my youngest.

I actually leave the pages up in different tabs so they are always on our browser. I printed out the chart with the days and it is great to keep me up to date with everyone. I also use the chart for our grammar program and for those doing TT Algebra I and Geometry--it helps me keep track of them.

We use the French I as written for one HS student and my 6th grader uses the video links from it. They both also use Duo Lingo and my DD uses Learnables French. The check off charts really help since we have so many different pieces going on at the same time.

I have 3 using High School Am History--
-one watches only the videos from EA History
-another uses my old AP history text and answers the questions posted --sadly I just gave her the last set and now I have to write my own ;-)
-I use the links of additional reading to either do with them or to assign.

I just put all the charts in one folder next to the computer so they can check off when they have done it and I can grab the folder at any time and know what is being done.
DS 11/05, and DD 9/07
DNiece 8/06, DNiece 10/08, DNephew 6/11 and DNephew 8/15
and a growing farm of 2 cats, 1 Border Collie, 1 llama, 10 Icelandic sheep, 7 goats, 30 hens & roosters, 1 male turkey, 21 geese
Stonebeck Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stonebeck Farm For This Useful Post:
delightedmama (12-11-2013), gpsings (12-10-2013), Hopetobe (12-10-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #60
Grover
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Grover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting
One is getting married later this year
Two have flown the nest.
Grandma to four .
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote