Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Dessert *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
Macky
Deactivated

Macky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cupcakes and silicone... help please

I want to do a bunch of pretty cupcakes for DD's birthday party a couple weeks from now. Yesterday I bought a snazzy Wilton silicone cupcake pan (shaped kinda like a flower) and decided to practice with it today since I've never used silicone stuff before. Really like how easy they pop out and keep their shape, but there's a big problem. Every single cupcake tilts to the centre of the pan. It can't be that the oven or rack is crooked if they all tilt to the middle, right? I've placed the tray on a cookie sheet as instructed. It's a regular oven - not convection. Since I can only do six cupcakes at once, I've tried all different levels of batter in each. It doesn't matter... still happens every time. As I type here, the last of the batter is in the oven and almost done. I ditched the cookie sheet this time and everything looks a lot better, but they're all still tilting slightly towards the centre of the silicone pan. Aaarrrrrggggh!!! Ideas? TIA

Here's what the pan looks like (only mine is green): http://www.thisnext.com/item/31289E5...aster-6-Cavity
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cupcakes and silicone... help please

Hmmm. Could you put something oven safe under the center of the pan to level it out? That's really cute.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
Apple-Saucy
Deactivated

Apple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing it is a lack of support in the center of the pan.

Wonder if they would fit in a regular cupcake pan...
Apple-Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
MamaPepper
Rose Garden

MamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond repute

I'm SO sorry to have to say this. . but I keep seeing Cupcakes and silicone. . . .

and thinking of boobs Is that weird????

At any rate, good luck with your cupcakes!!!

Photographer & Designer

My PhotographyMy Webpage
MamaPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Macky
Deactivated

Macky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond repute

I was using the cookie sheet to keep the pan level, just like it said on the package and that was making it worse. They're not individual 'papers' so I can't sit them in a regular muffin tin either (they're all in one sheet, just like a metal muffin pan). Good ideas, though. I think I might try a homemade batter and see if it's any different. Since I was just practicing, I didn't want to waste good ingredients and just tested this out with a box mix (bleck). If it works, I'll come back and report. If it doesn't, I guess I'll just give up the pretty flower shape and make them the usual way. (Please work... please work...)
Old 02-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
puah

if they don't bake level, some extra frosting goes a lot way to even things out
Old 02-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
JessicaTX
Rose Garden

JessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond repute

Can you just cut them out and put the flowers in regular cupcake pans? Or cut them out and place them on a cookie sheet, perhaps being attached is bad for them? Put a rock in the center if you don't want to cut the pan and hope that weighs it evenly so they don't tilt?
JessicaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
Macky
Deactivated

I gave up and make cookies. : Thanks for the suggestions, though! The reason I was putting so much effort into something pretty was because we were announcing the gender of the new baby. See if you can figure it out faster than the family did...

And a bonus shot of the cake - sour cream chocolate cake, strawberry mousse and cream cheese frosting tinted pink, all scratch.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Baby's a girl!

That is one pretty cake!

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
Niphredil
Deactivated

Niff-er-doodle!

Niphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. that. cake! *droooool*
Niphredil is offline   Reply With Quote