Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Animal Companions (Pets) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Animal Companions (Pets) *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #181
Glitterfish
Rose Garden

That's not grey in my hair, it's glitter growing from my head. Duh. (formerly of the sstarcake variety)

Glitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming out: We're getting a puppy (PICS ::grin::) (Edit: MORE pics, post 8 :giggl

Demodex is much harder to find on a skin scrape

I would be doing probiotics and such too.

Punky
Peanut
Stinker
two we never got to hold
and one due in May 2015

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!". ~Mythbusters
Glitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glitterfish For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-25-2013), mollobe (05-26-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #182
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming out: We're getting a puppy (PICS ::grin::) (Edit: MORE pics, post 8 :giggl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarcake View Post
Demodex is much harder to find on a skin scrape

I would be doing probiotics and such too.
Full fat yogurt?

Welcoming all prayers for a sticky duckling this time

At the end of time, I will kiss you all over your face.
duckwithoneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #183
Amber
Rose Garden

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute

I think I would go for a probiotic powder sprinkled on his food rather than yogurt, to try to keep the changes to his food (and thus an upset tummy) to a minimum.
Big M (6/03) Forever ours Dec 2012
C (6/04),
Little M (10/05) Forever ours Dec 2012
K (5/06)

Missing our foster daughter Miss A
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amber For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-25-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #184
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
I think I would go for a probiotic powder sprinkled on his food rather than yogurt, to try to keep the changes to his food (and thus an upset tummy) to a minimum.
I don't even know where one would find that

Maybe at the snooty people's pet store up the road? (, my brother was all like "I hope that's ACTUALLY the name of it.")

Old 05-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #185
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Today, our fur is thin and we are yellow, but we have a better cone despite how much it is loathed.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3K View Post
He can be one of those new fad dogs that get dipped different colors. (just looking for the bright spot)

Oh and I just realized you totally can't see the yellow in the pic I just posted. Guess ya'll will just have to take my word for it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
Mommainrwanda (05-25-2013), Tandem mama (05-27-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #186
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

awwww he looks so sad

Hope he feels better soon.
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LadybugSam For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-25-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #187
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute

Poor little baby. He looks SO sad. And his eye looks owie.

I think you're really awesome to do all this for him. I know new puppies are always spendy, but you got more than you bargained for. I hope he pays you back in spades.

Oh, and the probios.... you can just pop open a capsule of human-intended stuff and sprinkle it on his food.

I want to give him a Get Well basket of Kongs and peanut butter and all sorts of fun toys to make up for the coning.
duckwithoneleg (05-25-2013), mollobe (05-26-2013), Mommainrwanda (05-26-2013), Tandem mama (05-27-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #188
MomtoJGJ
Deactivated

MomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond repute

I came into this mid-way and saw all the pictures about the weight gain and was all even though I do NOT want a puppy until P is a bit older and our other two dogs are no longer with us. Or at least one of the other two.

Now, even though the pictures are still I am glad you are posting about all the other not so great parts of puppy-dom.

But he IS so PRECIOUS!!!!
MomtoJGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MomtoJGJ For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-25-2013), Tandem mama (05-27-2013)
Old 05-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #189
Amber
Rose Garden

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, he looks so sad. How long does he have to wear "the cone of shame" for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_Gal View Post
Oh, and the probios.... you can just pop open a capsule of human-intended stuff and sprinkle it on his food.
That is what I was thinking.
Big M (6/03) Forever ours Dec 2012
C (6/04),
Little M (10/05) Forever ours Dec 2012
K (5/06)

Missing our foster daughter Miss A
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amber For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-26-2013)
Old 05-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #190
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
Oh, he looks so sad. How long does he have to wear "the cone of shame" for?

That is what I was thinking.
Until his eye heals. I think it's also helping him not itch himself raw with the mange. We did the sulfur dip yesterday before that pic, I covered him with coconut oil last night and again tonight (it seems to help relieve his itching somewhat), and I've got some probiotics to start giving him tomorrow

Old 05-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #191
LovinBeingMommy
Rose Garden

The many faces of Monkey

LovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond repute

We had a dog get mange once. It wasn't fun. The vet said he probably got it from one of the many strays that pass through our yard every day. He was immune-compromised, which is why he got it, but none of our cats.

My mom bought a cat from a breeder once that was sicker than your puppy. She took the poor thing to the vet for a new kitten check and found out she had fleas, worms, ringworm and I can't remember what else. Oh, and she had a genetic condition that made her sneeze blood her entire 15 years. The vet was livid at the condition of the cat and contacted the breeder, pointing out that my parents could totally sue and win. She sent the money back, so our only purebred kitty was free. My mom honestly didn't care about money or making trouble. She just wanted the cat to be healthy. She only bought a purebred because my dad was in love with Somalis and she wanted to get him the perfect kitten. She was his and only his until the day she died, too.

Most definitely INFJ

Be my friend?!
(Just let me know you're a GCM )
LovinBeingMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LovinBeingMommy For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-30-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #192
Motherof2
Seedling Rose

Hope is a waking dream~Aristotle

Motherof2 is a jewel in the roughMotherof2 is a jewel in the roughMotherof2 is a jewel in the rough

Praying for your puppy! He's a beautiful dog and blessed to have you as his owner!
Motherof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Motherof2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #193
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Did I tell you guys what Mr Bultitude diiiiiiiiiiid the other day?

Ds was playing and got the waistband of his pants stuck on the door to Mr B's crate. He (ds) started to whimper a little. I had my hands full and couldn't respond right away, so Mr Bultitude came running across the kitchen and stopped in the living room to look at me and give me one little bark and then went the rest of the way to ds and lay down next to him. Keeping him warm until help arrived, no doubt . And stared at me like, "Helllooooooo? Help? Arrive already?"

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
Atsirk (05-30-2013), crunchymum (06-03-2013), curlymopmom (12-15-2013), Johns_Gal (05-31-2013), kwisie (05-30-2013), LadybugSam (05-30-2013), mama-hobbit (06-07-2013), mollobe (05-30-2013), Mommainrwanda (05-30-2013), Motherof2 (05-30-2013), Tandem mama (05-31-2013)
Old 05-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #194
LovinBeingMommy
Rose Garden

The many faces of Monkey

LovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Aww! :melt My corgi does that kind of thing. Like, "Umm... HELLO! Kid in NEED here! I don't have thumbs, so I can't fix it, but YOU should have already done it!"

Most definitely INFJ

Be my friend?!
(Just let me know you're a GCM )
LovinBeingMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LovinBeingMommy For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-30-2013), Johns_Gal (05-31-2013), kwisie (05-30-2013)
Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #195
Motherof2
Seedling Rose

Hope is a waking dream~Aristotle

Motherof2 is a jewel in the roughMotherof2 is a jewel in the roughMotherof2 is a jewel in the rough

What a lovely dog you have!
Motherof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Motherof2 For This Useful Post: