Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* > Cloth Diapering & EC *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation
Default What are your favourite cloth diapers -2011 edition

I know we have had this thread in the past, but the one in the sticky is from 2007 and since I know the cloth diapering world is constantly changing, I thought we should start a new one. Also, I know that new cloth diaperers look at this "favourites" thread for recommendations, so let's keep an up to date one.

So share. What is your favourite diapering system? And favourite brand?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:27 AM   #2
RosalieMarie
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

I'm always stepping on Legos

RosalieMarie has a reputation beyond reputeRosalieMarie has a reputation beyond reputeRosalieMarie has a reputation beyond reputeRosalieMarie has a reputation beyond reputeRosalieMarie has a reputation beyond reputeRosalieMarie has a reputation beyond reputeRosalieMarie has a reputation beyond reputeRosalieMarie has a reputation beyond reputeRosalieMarie has a reputation beyond reputeRosalieMarie has a reputation beyond reputeRosalieMarie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your favourite cloth diapers -2011 edition

I've completely changed since 2007. I ditched all my (many) expensive WAHM fitteds and random pockets, and have gone for simple.

Prefolds
Thirsties Duo Snap covers
Rumparooz pockets for going out

That's it. Folding is a breeze. I feel so free.
RosalieMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RosalieMarie For This Useful Post:
2TMama (07-09-2013), hellomama (04-05-2012)
Old 10-03-2011, 05:31 AM   #3
joanna
Rose Blossom

joanna is a name known to alljoanna is a name known to alljoanna is a name known to alljoanna is a name known to alljoanna is a name known to alljoanna is a name known to alljoanna is a name known to all

Our current system is prefolds, trifolded into "insert socks", in a Flip or Bummis SuperLite cover. The insert socks aren't strictly necessary, but keep the prefold in place while trying to change a baby who is trying to crawl away.

We had to buy new covers recently to replace some worn-out hand-me-downs, and I wanted to love Thirsties, since everyone else does- but, we've tried three of their covers, and, for every one, the rise snaps would not stay closed. I was so disappointed, since everyone else loves them so much.

Owner of Toasty Baby Cloth Diapers
joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Mommainrwanda
Rose Trellis

New country - same username

Mommainrwanda has a reputation beyond reputeMommainrwanda has a reputation beyond reputeMommainrwanda has a reputation beyond reputeMommainrwanda has a reputation beyond reputeMommainrwanda has a reputation beyond reputeMommainrwanda has a reputation beyond reputeMommainrwanda has a reputation beyond reputeMommainrwanda has a reputation beyond reputeMommainrwanda has a reputation beyond reputeMommainrwanda has a reputation beyond reputeMommainrwanda has a reputation beyond repute

After using FuzziBunz and BumGenius for over a year - we tried Green Mountain Diaper prefolds and Thirsties* covers/wool this summer.

And I fell in

I don't know what it is - the prefolds make it easier to rinse out toddler poop? Having my pockets handwashed means I can't strip them and they are less absorbent? Woolies make me ? I'm just tired of stuffing pockets???

Overall I feel like the FuzziBunz have held up better to the handwashing and I still like them, but I'm reaching for the prefolds the most. I've even noticed DH using them more frequently than the pockets.

I liked starting with pockets (because they are easy to stuff all at once and then are waiting to be used) and they probably eased me into cloth diapering.

But now I'm a prefold girl.

*I prefer the Thirsties old-style cover to the Thirsties Duo. We just can't get the Duo (with snaps) to fit the Urchin very well.

-Showing grace
-Undercommitting
-Believing in the restoration of all things

The Urchin is capriciously 3
The Chiton is
an introvert not an introvert, just T4 baby

Adventure blog: Delving for a Rhapsody
Mommainrwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
Daria_Aleksandrovna
Rose Trellis

Daria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond repute

I'm re-using my Bumgenius for my second baby but the velcro is not good now. Makes me wish I've bought system of Bumgenius with poppers - but my system was an opportunitstic secondhand deal.

I have non-Bumgenius nappies - like prefolds, fitted prefolds, couple of AIOs...but I always end up reaching or Bumgenius.

So, subbing
DD1 (born Mar'15 )

Last edited by Daria_Aleksandrovna; 10-03-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Daria_Aleksandrovna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
mom2afew

i go back and forth to which i love the most. I do love my dream -eze AIO's, but i love my BGs pockets too. I used to love my good mama's, but decided i really don't like how long they take to dry. same with my BG elementals.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
trustingGod2
Rose Garden

trustingGod2 has a brilliant futuretrustingGod2 has a brilliant futuretrustingGod2 has a brilliant futuretrustingGod2 has a brilliant futuretrustingGod2 has a brilliant futuretrustingGod2 has a brilliant futuretrustingGod2 has a brilliant futuretrustingGod2 has a brilliant futuretrustingGod2 has a brilliant futuretrustingGod2 has a brilliant futuretrustingGod2 has a brilliant future

I started with Prefolds and Thirsties covers then transitioned to several Fuzzi Bunz then to Kawaii Baby UNTIL I found Green Mountain Fitted the workhorse of diapers with a sewn in doubler and covered with a Thirsties cover hands down the best of the best

Johnathan 6-7-04
Jeremiah 5-10-06
Meghan 12-25-07
Hannah 9-16-09
Matthew 6-22-11
Andrew 6-5-13
Nicholas 12-28-14 born with CP

Wife to my soulmate Chris since 1997

KATIE
trustingGod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #8
MiriamRose
Rose Garden

Growing is hard work

MiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond repute

I started with prefolds and Thirsties and Bummis covers. I liked the Thirsties covers better, but I don't have any in his current size. I have a couple of Wonder Wraps (which might not be available anymore? Not sure) that I like well enough except the stitching is coming out. For a while I used FuzziBunz one size and for a while I really liked them, but I was just having so many problems with stink and ammonia burns and it was SO MUCH WORK to keep them from giving my boy rashes. I did like how easy it was to scrape poop off of them though. But the water here is so awful it just makes washing them a nightmare.

So now I'm back to using mostly prefolds (GMD), Wonder Wraps (which I would love to replace...maybe with Thirsties) and wool. I LOVE the wool and use it mostly at home- I prefer a PUL cover when out since we tend to go longer between changes when out. I also have a handful of Green Mountain Diaper fitteds and if I could afford to, I would change my entire stash over to those right now. I'm planning on selling at least some of my prefolds and replacing with the fitteds before our new baby arrives.

Wife to my Submariner for 5 years!
MiriamRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
NeshamaMama
Rose Garden

Formerly emilik :)

NeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond repute

We use a mix of pockets, fitted, prefolds, wool, and PUL covers (almost exclusively sized Thirsties). I have loved prefolds but right now I'm loving our pockets!

Currently I'm way into the OS Fuzzibunz, but I also have a BG AIO that I'd love to get some more of - and we also like good ol' Kawaii pockets. We have a few Katydids that I actually do not like. Grovia AI2s are great in terms of absorbency and slimness, but the side snaps fit a little weird on my dd.

For fitteds we used to LOVE Sugar Peas hemp fitteds when dd was tiny, but now as she's gotten bigger and mobile they just don't fit great. We recently got some newborn Cricketts that are similar and I'm looking forward to having them for the new baby! I might be one person who HATED Goodmamas. I now own only one and while it's adorable it's also a last resort diaper. I got in on the BSRB craze too and can't stand them. They don't Snappi well, and even if I used pins the front pieces never line up right, if that makes sense. I do love how trim they are, but I don't think they're well designed.

Christopher
(INTP)

Mama to
Mayah Evangeline (01/10
)
and
Miriam Anneliese (05/12)
Living simply and loving my God!

NeshamaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
MercyInDisguise
Rose Garden

The only way we'll last forever is broken together

MercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond repute

We like the BumGenius pockets (mostly 3.0 but I love the 4.0 that I do have). For nights, double stuffing a Thirsties pocket with a hemp insert works well. I do like Thirsties, but the velcro doesn't work as well as the BG velcro.
Posted via Mobile Device
MercyInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #11
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

We did EC, so our needs might be slightly different, but we were on the prefold wagon for a long time as well. We used wool early on - I hate PUL covers. Well, I only tried Bummis, and I had one Thirsties that I liked ok, but wool is SO much better.

Once DS was more mobile, it was a lot of naked time still, but when it was chilly I wanted something on his little tush. I didn't want to mess with covers, and I was scared that the snappi would poke his eye out or something So I got snapping fitteds - some wahm ones, some kissaluvs, and some MEOS. I like the MEOS the best. We are still using them coverless, except at night because he sleeps in his own bed now and sometimes I don't get to him fast enough in the morning before he pees.
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #12
greendelight
Rose Trellis

greendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant future

I have GMD prefolds and a bunch of different covers, but I love my FuzziBunz most of all.
greendelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
LoveIsGentle
Rose Garden

LoveIsGentle has disabled reputation

Our stash is mainly BG pockets. I also have prefolds and Thirsties and Bummis covers. I didn't like prefolds at all until a few months ago, and now I'm liking them more.

I also love Rumparooz and Best Bottoms.
LoveIsGentle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
tiffany
Rose Trellis

tiffany has much to be proud oftiffany has much to be proud oftiffany has much to be proud oftiffany has much to be proud oftiffany has much to be proud oftiffany has much to be proud oftiffany has much to be proud oftiffany has much to be proud oftiffany has much to be proud oftiffany has much to be proud oftiffany has much to be proud of

I started with blueberry pockets and loved them ...until I switched to prefolds and covers and realized how much more i love the laundry end of it without having to stuff pockets!

Hubby refused to do prefolds in the beginning but now he's so used to them. I hate to go back to stuffing pockets. But prefolds are tough on a wiggly baby. My aplix got really bad on my pockets so I'm converting them to snaps. I like snaps better, though aplix is quicker on a wiggly baby, and they can't undo them by themselves.

My favorite favorite might be fitteds and covers though. It's the best of both worlds to me I think. no folding, but easy laundry!! I got a trial edition of the bumgenius fitteds in cotton and I love them! They do take a little longer to dry but not much, so I don't mind.

Thirsties are my favorite cover I think because of the gusset and the exposed PUL on the inside.

I really like the idea of woolies, but I don't like pulling them on and off like pants or shorts with a wet or poo diaper underneath - I'd rather have them wrap on like a cover - and I never found the time to wash them separately.
Mama to Mr J since Dec 05, Miss E since Dec 07, and Baby H since Oct 10, and Baby M since 12/30/11
With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! ~Psalm 119:10
tiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #15
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

You can get wool diaper wraps as well. Just fyi.
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stiina For This Useful Post:
tiffany (10-05-2011)