Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Vegetarianism & Veganism (Veg Support Forum) *Public* [Join Forum to Post] > Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
joyfulmomof2
Rose Trellis

joyfulmomof2 will become famous soon enough
Default Pantry and Refrigerator List

I was just wondering when starting from absolutely nothing, how should I stock my refrigerator and pantry to be dairy free and vegetarian? Ingredients, spices, staples, bulk, etc. What does it look like?

Homeschooling my two sweet kiddos:

Dino - 10 & Princess - 7
joyfulmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
gabriola
Rose Bouquet

gabriola will become famous soon enoughgabriola will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pantry and Refrigerator List

I am very interested in this as well....
gabriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
ShangriLewis
Moderator in Vegetarianism & Veganism

Arrange whatever pieces come your way. ~VW~

ShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond repute

I'll do some of my stuff. I've got to go work on my homework soon, though. I'll try to come back tomorrow to update. If you add anything to this post I could make this a sticky!! Peta has a junk food list, but it's not always accurate.

FROZEN
Boca Burgers
Gardenburger Ribs (I can't remember what they are called, but they are Vegan)
hashbrown patties
I bought some buffalo wings that were saucy and Vegan...I think they are gardenburger. I cannot find an online link though. I'll check next time I eat some. The directions are wrong though. If you cook them that long they dry out.
Frozen Veggie mixes
Vegan sausage (Gardenburger should be, but some packaged stuff changes)
Vegan chickpatties (Gardenburger...see above)
Soy or Rice Ice cream

FRIDGE
Vegenaisse
Follow your Heart cheese
Tofutti cheese slices
Whole Soy youghurt
Tofurkey sausages and deli slices
Yves bologna
Smartlife Vegan dogs
Pop can crescent rolls
Tofu (I get one at Trader Joes that is Organic and two packs in 1lb. It's really convient).
Pickles and relish(We love pickles.)
Stuffed Olives
Tahini
cold pressed oils (Olive and Canola from Trader Joes)
sesame oil
Vinegars (Apple Cider and Rice.)
Braggs Liquid Aminos or Tamari
Pesto Concentrate

Earth Balance or Vegan Smart Balance
Miso

CANS AND JARS
Amy's Refried Black Beans make great bean dip all by themselves
Amy's Unchicken Noodle soup
Amy's Goddess dressing
coconut milk (I like Chakoah brand...I could have spelled that wrong.) Great for curries or just add to rice with chopped mango.
Almond Butter, Peanut Butter etc.
Drews dressings.
Trader Joes Green Curry in a jar (I get some other sauces there, but I don't know if they are all Vegan. They have a great Indian selection.)
Canned red beans for a quick Indian Curry
Canned chickpeas for hummus
Three bean salad (TJ has a really yummy one.)
Spaghetti Sauce
canned tomatoes with green chilis or italian seasonings
boxed Tomato soup
boxed broth
Rice of all kinds
Nori (If you keep this and sticky rice around you can make Nori rolls anytime.)
Heinz vegetarian baked beans (we eat these with hashbrown patties for breakfast)
canned chili beans for making chili or taco soup

BOXES or BULK
Thai Kitchen (one of them is Vegan and Gluten-free)
Milks: I like West-soy unsweetned, Enriched Original Rice-Dream (I stock up when on sale.) My store has finally started stocking Silk unsweetened. I'm using that now because it's fortified.
I am totally in love with Mac and Chreese with a little ketchup on top. I hate this stuff when I tried it years ago, but I like it now. I think I needed to get over cheese first or something You can get GF, too. Their site sells the sauce in bulk.
dry falafel mix
Tasty bites or other meals in a foil packet.

BAKING, SPICES
Ener-G Egg Replacer
Rumford baking powder
Curry powder and Thai Curry paste (Get these from an Asian store!)
Coconut Oil
Gravy packets from Chreese.com or Hain

Sprouted Bread, tortillas

JUNK FOOD and SNACKS
Swedish fish
Cliff bars
Lara Bars
Vitamineral Greens aren't snacks but I like to add it to my smoothies
fritos

I try to get in lots of veggies and let the boys try some alien looking fruit once a month. We love Thai young coconuts but you have to find a good Asian Market. They are usually frozen. We eat salad for dinner almost every night and I always keep cut up carrots/celery sticks for snacks.

Heather
The Prophet 23yob, The Peacemaker 20yob, The Warrior 17, The Little Flower 11yog and The Surfer 9yob and our little birdie girl 4yo.

ShangriLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShangriLewis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #4
joyfulmomof2
Rose Trellis

Thanks a ton, Heather. This is a great list!

Dino - 10 & Princess - 7
Old 04-30-2006, 09:18 AM   #5
Punkie
Administrator

Punkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Great list! Your pantry/fridge look just like mine!

I saw that you listed Clif bars on there. I am in love with the Clif Nectar Chocolate Walnut bars. They are so good, and vegan!

I also like to keep some veggie potstickers on hand. Not super healthy, but I am always happy to use them as a quick meal

Homeschooling mom to 4, certified herbalist, homesteader, and overly ambitious crafter
Punkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
ShangriLewis

ShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to add that I started keeping potstickers on hand, too. I just add them to some of that boxed unchicken broth and it's a really good meal.

Heather
The Prophet 23yob, The Peacemaker 20yob, The Warrior 17, The Little Flower 11yog and The Surfer 9yob and our little birdie girl 4yo.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #7
Punkie
Administrator

Punkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond repute

I tried the Gardenburger Riblets today. I'm still getting used to the texture of un-meats, but it was really quite tasty. My dh came downstairs hoping for a great, meaty meal and scrunched his face when I told him that he was smelling soy

Homeschooling mom to 4, certified herbalist, homesteader, and overly ambitious crafter
Old 10-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
ShangriLewis

I just found something new. I really miss Pesto Mayo, but I'm too lazy to make pesto. I haven't found any Vegan Pesto. A local bistro we visit serves sandwiches with a side of Pesto mayo. It's so good for grilled "cheese".

So we use this new product and make our own Pesto Mayo. Then we make grilled cheese with tofutti slices. Serve with fruit salad and homemade yam and sweet potato oven fries.

http://www.amazon.com/Amore-Pesto-Pa...s=gourmet-food

Just put a big spoonful of Veganaisse on your plate and a squirt of pesto. Mix it up and dip your sandwich/fries in it.

Heather

Old 01-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #9
ShangriLewis

I updated my list with a few more things....

miso
tasty bite or other foil shelf stable meals (great for camping!)
dry falafel mix

Heather

Old 01-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #10
Punkie
Administrator

Default Pantry and Refrigerator List

I've thought of a few more things to add:

Tropical Source Vegan Chocolate Chips (they rock my world - I am rocking as I say this. I always have an open package and a backup package )
Organic vegan oatmeal (Nature's Path apple cinnamon is our fave)
Flaxseed oil (great in the oatmeal)
Frozen fruit for smoothies
Silk yogurt (We don't do Whole Soy because they are too chunky for my taste )
Silk smoothies (great if you want the cultures, but don't want to sit down and have a yogurt)
Lil' Buddies Ice Cream bars (so good, so vegan, mmmmmmmmmmm) - Tofutti cuties are a very close second, depending on the flavor
Nate's vegetarian meatballs (some have dairy)
Shredded coconut (just great to have for recipes like the Coconut Raspberry Squares from TEV or homemade granola)
Marinated tofu from the refrigerated section (great in a quick stir fry, fried rice, lasagna, anything)
Fresh whole raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, you name it - you can toast them or eat them raw - either way is a protein boost)
Back to Nature Fake Oreos
New Morning Cinnamon Grahams
Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Bars (check for the vegan ones)

I'm sure I'll think of more...

The Following User Says Thank You to Punkie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #11
joyfulmomof2
Rose Trellis

OOoohhh I like all of those things and they are excellent additions! Thanks, punkie!

Dino - 10 & Princess - 7
Old 01-22-2007, 07:46 AM   #12
peacefulveganmom
Deactivated

peacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of lightpeacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of lightpeacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of lightpeacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of lightpeacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of lightpeacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of light

Don't forget the old "stand-by" staples like dried beans and rice. Brown, Jasmine, Basmati...all good eatin'! Oh, and lots of good spices- oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, cayenne, dill
peacefulveganmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #13
ShangriLewis

Endangered Species had the best Halloween chocolates. We don't get trick or treaters, but I sure wish I had bought extra bags. I ate them all

I love those meatballs, too. They make killer swedish meatballs, stroganoff and we cut them in half and put them on pizza.

Heather

Old 01-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #14
joyfulmomof2
Rose Trellis

Ummm...that all sounds great too!

Dino - 10 & Princess - 7
Old 10-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #15
StrangeTraveller
Deactivated

StrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond reputeStrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond reputeStrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond reputeStrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond reputeStrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond reputeStrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond reputeStrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond reputeStrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond reputeStrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond reputeStrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond reputeStrangeTraveller has a reputation beyond repute

so...if we don't buy all of the imitation/soy stuff, what are we left with? beans, rice & veggies?
StrangeTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote