Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #121
Castle On A Cloud
Deactivated

Castle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Household notebooks

Is there a specific type or brand of dividers that stick out past page protectors?
Castle On A Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #122
Forsynthianicki
Climbing Rose

Forsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of light

yea! Finally got the pics to work!

Just a regular binder with a piece of paper from my scrapbooking stash

Front page with a favorite poem

Mom to:
J Bug dd, born at 21 weeks (2003) from our arms to God's
J Bean ds, "boundless energy" (2006)

Last edited by Forsynthianicki; 01-08-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: pics added
Forsynthianicki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forsynthianicki For This Useful Post:
TrinMama (01-08-2010)
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #123
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjruiz_415 View Post
Is there a specific type or brand of dividers that stick out past page protectors?
not sure...but you could just hole-punch your paper, and then it will not stick out past or even to your dividers.
TrinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #124
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of

Why not just make your own dividers on the page protector. I think if you put a little paper fot the label inside some clear packing tape that is also stuck to the page protector that could work well.
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marigold For This Useful Post:
Codi (01-08-2010)
Old 01-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #125
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjruiz_415 View Post
I think you can get wide dividers at most office-supply stores. I know I found them easily when I was teaching and used them to divide all of my page-protected lesson plans. I'm pretty sure Avery makes them.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

I'm looking for a week at a glance or a daily planning page to use in my calendar section. I've scoured all the linked websites posted, but can't seem to find one. Any suggestions?

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #126
MtnMama

What I have isn't really picture worthy! But I picked up an 8 1/2 by 11" Monthly Planner book (not one of those smallish ones) from Big Lots ($2 ). I like that it has an annual at-a-glance and then each month covers two sheets. Nice sized blocks for each day that has lines.

also, I have a binder where I have the bills, stamps, daily to-dos (including a daily sheet from KatieMae , customized for me).

I have quite a few pages saved on my computer that I'll add over time, but meal planning is my next project.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #127
peacefulveganmom
Deactivated

peacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of lightpeacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of lightpeacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of lightpeacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of lightpeacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of lightpeacefulveganmom is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMama View Post
I have quite a few pages saved on my computer that I'll add over time, but meal planning is my next project.
This is what I'm currently working on, too. Trying to conquer a month-long list. It's tough...but gonna be SO worth it. (Especially with a new baby coming here in a few weeks.)

So...anyone have good tips to share in regard to menu planning, grocery shopping, freezer meals, etc.? Would love to hear how others do it. I need some inspiration!!
peacefulveganmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:59 AM   #128
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

How do i do weekly meal planning? It sit down at the table and try to think of things that we like to eat. Some of them are things that are very inexpensive and i make sure to have at least 2 of those on the list (even if they aren't very healthy) 1 incredibly healthy diner, and the rest is in between. I try to write down 6 meals for a week (we always have at least one night of leftovers or eating out of the house)

I try to re-use ingredients. Like i wanted beef stroganoff for diner last week but knew i'd have leftover cream cheese, so on another night we had baked potatoes (to use up the rest of the cream cheese) and that used up the potatoes i still had from last week

I write all that down on the right hand side of the paper. Then i start on the left hand side and think of all the ingredients to make all those meals, one at a time, until the list is done. then i check my cabinets to see if i already have some of the stuff, and if i do, i cross it off the list

I'm going to start typing out my lists when i'm done and keep them in my binder.
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadybugSam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #129
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute

My trick to meal planning has been to have something that is recurrent every week. Some people have a certain theme day, like Mexican on Mondays. I do chicken on Mondays, vegetarian on Tuesdays, beef on Wednesdays, leftovers on Thursdays, fish or veggie again on Fridays, wild card on Saturdays, and crockpot on Sundays.

I also try to reuse ingredients so I'm not left with wasted food. Often, chicken will stretch between two meals. Say, I'll put a whole chicken in the crockpot and use some of it for soup, and some for pot pie. That kind of thing.
TrinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrinMama For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #130
Naxi
Rose Bouquet

Naxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the rough

Dividers - Marbig do extra wide ones...

Another meal planning tip: If you think of bonus ideas, keep these on a seperate list. Then when you are looking for ideas next week, use those.

Also, check your fridge first for anything you want to use up and think of a meal that uses them.

Um... Oh, I also keep a "what we ate" list - it gives me ideas for meals (sometimes I don't stick to the plan )

Freezer meals... lots of things freeze well and you can just make extra when you are cooking them so you have another meal for another time - think casseroles, soups, mexican (the meat and veg bits...)

Finally please can someone tell me how to get my pictures up?

Wife to my darling, since 2003;
and
Homeschooling Mumma to Possum (2006), Bandicoot (2008) and Sugar-Glider (Little Princess 2010)

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule." Matthew 5:2 TMV
Naxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #131
Tuesdayschild
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Have I forgotten anyone?

Tuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond repute

Pictures: upload them into a photobucket account, and then post them across from there. PB gives you the codes The only reason I have a PB account is so I can occasionally post pics on GCM

Meal planning:

I got blank paper, folded it in half, and made a mini-booklet. Top of each page has a general category, like Chicken, Pasta, Soups, Snacks, Beef etc. I then brainstormed all the recipes I could think of that I can make fairly easily / that I know we like into the categories, and then I went through my cookbooks to add any I'd forgotten or others we hadn't tried yet but I felt showed promise. Now I never have to try to think of something to cook

On a weekly basis i sit down and on a piece of paper write the days of the week, then I think about what's happening those days (for example, on Tuesdays the biggies have Dutch classes and they get back pretty late, so I plan a hot lunch and a really easy supper). I use my meal idea booklet to get a range of different foods over the week, some old faves, some more adventurous; I have my pantry pretty much 'in my head' so I'm using that info too

As i do each day I write what ingredients I still need to buy in the space at the bottom of the page. Then I add the other shopping items (toilet paper, whatever), tear that off and take it with me to the supermarket. The menu plan I pin up or stick in my cookbook stand and Bob's your Uncle!

To do it for a month I would simply save 4-6 weeks worth (weekly planning is much easier), and then adapt the best bits to make a 30 day cycle.

I'm trying to get back in the habit of making double or triple quantities and freezing the excess.
Tuesdayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuesdayschild For This Useful Post:
TrinMama (01-11-2010)
Old 01-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #132
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

I do my meal planning about the same as above.

I sit down on grocery day and just think of 6 meals. I try not to assign days because I never feel like having it if I planned for it. So I usually pick each day what will be for dinner that night out of what I planned for.

But Im in SUCH a rut for cooking right now. I need NEW IDEAS! I got a few for this week though. So that is good.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #133
Tuesdayschild
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Have I forgotten anyone?

Tuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond repute

Try the brainstorm recipe book thing. It really helped me out of my rut
Tuesdayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuesdayschild For This Useful Post:
Codi (01-11-2010)
Old 01-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #134
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

Ive been meaning to make something like that forever. Why dont I just do it?! TOMORROW!

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 AM   #135
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been lurking on this thread, gathering ideas and slowly working on it since it started, so I thought I should finally post pics of the fruits of my efforts. I'm the most unorganised person in the world, constantly messy and can never remember anything, and having my binder is making my life so much easier! So, thankyou everyone

http://www.facebook.com/#/album.php?...1&id=711889587

hoping the link works now

Izzi x
Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
Codi (01-11-2010), Forsynthianicki (01-11-2010), Tuesdayschild (01-11-2010)