Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
KSL
Rose Bouquet

KSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant future
Default Best chicken thighs recipes?

Hi ladies.... I'd love some new ideas of ways to cook chicken thighs. They're a favorite cut of meat around here and I just got a huge pack at Costco.

I like to use them in crockpot white chicken chili and I made them last week in this and it was really good (even better as leftovers): https://www.wellplated.com/slow-cooker-chicken-curry/

I served it with coconut rice (easy and delicious recipe--https://www.google.com/amp/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/coconut-rice-recipe1-1938199.amp)

So
Any other ideas for chicken thighs?

Married to the Haitian Sensation since 2007
Mom to S, DS since October 2009

and

E, DD born February 22nd, 2016

KSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:45 AM   #2
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation
Default Re: Best chicken thighs recipes?

I assume you are talking boneless thighs?

Pretty much any dish that takes chicken breast can be subbed with thighs. My family prefer the thighs too because they're so tender and juicy and you just can't go wrong with them.

A fave here is chicken teriyaki over rice.

And these are AWESOME! Cream cheese chicken taquitos.
http://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/slow...cken-taquitos/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
KSL (09-10-2017), milkmommy (10-10-2017), Virginia (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #3
KSL
Rose Bouquet

KSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant futureKSL has a brilliant future

I actually like the bone in ones but I think with or without bones they would work in the recipes you shared. Thank you!! Yes we like the meat better than breasts bc it doesn't dry out (my husband won't eat white meat at all- he and DS prefer chicken legs most but we compromise on chicken thighs

and

Old 09-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

No one in my family likes thighs (too juicy) except for this recipe. We double
The sauce.

http://damndelicious.net/2014/11/29/...sugar-chicken/
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
KSL (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 08:41 AM   #5
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I cook boneless ones in a skillet. First saute onions and bell peppers in oil until soft. Remove and brown the thighs in oil. Season with a good lemon pepper seasoning. Once brown, add the peppers and onions back in, cover, and cook on med-low until done.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
KSL (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #6
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

You can pour bbq sauce over them and bake them. Or put them in the crock pot with a jar of bbq sauce and a can of pineapple (juice included).

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
KSL (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #7
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

My kids like "chicken on the bone" - baked in the oven so that the skin is crispy. The basic technique is to coat in spice/flavoring mixture and bake 375F for 50-60 minutes. Right now their favorite is ranch - 1/2 c mayo and 1/2 c greek yogurt mixed with my homemade ranch seasoning. Slather that on and bake. (Ranch seasoning is 1 1/2 tsp-ish onion and 1/2 t-ish garlic powders, a squirt of dijon mustard, 1 T or so of parsley, maybe a bit of paprika or coriander if you have it.) We've done Buffalo, lemon parsley, jerk seasoning, cajun seasoning; anything you like works. I usually put the chicken pieces in a gallon ziploc and pour in a little evoo, let whichever kid wants to help rub that in, then add seasoning and let them play with that . It's all inside the bag, so they don't touch it. Dump it out onto a sheet pan and bake. Super easy and hands off.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
KSL (09-10-2017), milkmommy (10-10-2017), Virginia (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #8
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Oh, we love the bone in ones too. My family's favourite way is baked. I glaze it in a variety of homemade glazes depending on what we feel like. Or just brush with oil and seasoning.

Cooked over a bed of cut potatoes and veggies gives the veggies that amazing chicken taste too.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
KSL (09-20-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #9
Maleldil's daughter
Rose Bouquet

Maleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud of

Maple-mustard, or honey mustard is good too.
http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/reci...thighs-1949864

We like thighs cooked with teriyaki or kecap manis too.

Or browned in a skillet with garlic, onions, perhaps green pepper, then add a can of diced tomatoes and Italian seasonings, then served with pasta.

Wifey to the Husby 9/6/2006
Mama to The Littlest Man in all the Land 5/31/2012
and The Littlest Girl in all the World 1/28/2016

Counseling is like cleaning out your fridge. Mostly it's rearranging things so they make more sense. Now and then you come across some really nasty thing that's been stuck in the back way too long.
Maleldil's daughter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maleldil's daughter For This Useful Post:
KSL (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #10
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

shoyu chicken

rosemary lemon chicken and potatoes

chicken marinara

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marbles For This Useful Post:
KSL (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #11
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

Amish Baked Chicken - that is my family's favorite for bone-in/skin-on thighs. Sometimes I sub parmesan cheese or almond flour for half of the AP flour.
KSL (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 09:37 PM   #12
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I am gearing up to start cooking again after baby. These look good!
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
KSL (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 05:40 AM   #13
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

Some favorites around here!

Boneless:
SOUTHWESTERN PULLED CHICKEN WITH CILANTRO LIME SLAW

Slow Cooker Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce

Bone-in (this is SSSOO good - a new favorite I made last night!)
Citrus-Marinated Chicken Thighs

All of these make GREAT freezer meals. When thighs go on sale, dump everything into a bag and freeze.

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
KSL (09-11-2017), squiddles (09-20-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 08:20 AM   #14
KSL
Rose Bouquet

Ladies thank you SO much for these ideas!! So very much appreciated. Darcy-- I made tour recipes last night (didn't have mayo so used all yogurt and put crushed saltines on too) and it was a total hit with DH, kids, and 3 unexpected dinner guests. Thank you!!

Going to try out other recipes for sure. Probably starting later this week

and

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KSL For This Useful Post:
Sparrow (09-12-2017), ViolaMum (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #15
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

This is by far my favorite! Actually it is one of my all time favorite foods ever.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes...granate_sauce/

I do it with bone in and simply pull the bones out before serving.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
KSL (09-20-2017)