Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #346
Peridot
Rose Garden

I stand before you, DeFrocked!!

Peridot has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckwithoneleg View Post
hehe, me too...

also, though, just to clarify: by "little" i mean "smaller than a couch"

Ha! It's not just me, then. I have realised that MY definitions of clean and others are far and away different!

argh, blergh, blech.

"A normal, imperfect, LUMPEN human being!!"

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. and yet, one day Love himself barged into the Temple with a bullwhip and declared enough was enough. I will testify to Love.

Peridot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (06-14-2010)
Old 06-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #347
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peridot View Post

Ha! It's not just me, then. I have realised that MY definitions of clean and others are far and away different!

argh, blergh, blech.
How about when people say "my house isn't dirty, it's just messy" like of course it's not dirty! I never could relate to that statement. I mean, how do you ever get around to cleaning anything that's covered with mess? Like, how do you actually wipe the floor down when it takes all your time and energy to rake through the mountain of stuff that was on it, yk?
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #348
Peridot
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajane View Post
How about when people say "my house isn't dirty, it's just messy" like of course it's not dirty! I never could relate to that statement. I mean, how do you ever get around to cleaning anything that's covered with mess? Like, how do you actually wipe the floor down when it takes all your time and energy to rake through the mountain of stuff that was on it, yk?

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. and yet, one day Love himself barged into the Temple with a bullwhip and declared enough was enough. I will testify to Love.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #349
tofufoofoo
Rose Trellis

...and you shall nurse, you shall be carried upon her hip, and bounced upon her knees...

tofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to behold

I'd say most of the time my house isn't *filthy* but it is messy/cluttered. Like the clothes are clean, they're just piled on the futon in the spare room/still hanging up/in the dryer. The dishes are rinsed out but piled up in my sink/or there is just a pile of clean dishes in my dish drain. My dining room table is clean but my books or crafts are piled on top of it. The rug is vacuumed but DD's toys are everywhere on top of it. The sheets are clean but the bed isn't made... KWIM? I could go on and on BTW
and my snuggly
tiny teddy 4-2-11

now expecting a
baby bear 7-15-13

tofufoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tofufoofoo For This Useful Post:
Dovenoir (09-14-2010), duckwithoneleg (06-15-2010)
Old 06-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #350
Lin

Oh my goodness, Duckwithoneleg. I can so relate to everything you said (and you others too).

I stay so mad at myself because I can't keep anything straight.

How can I expect my children to clean up their messes when I can't even clean up my own? I hate it. I'm actually an extremely organized person if given enough time, enough silence and absolutely no interruptions. People used to put me in charge of cleaning stuff out and organizing it. But that's before I had kids. I don't have time now, I certainly don't have silence and while typing this I've had approximately 28 interruptions.

So I had made it a goal this morning to get the toys off the living room floor so I could vacuum. Three nursings, two meals, a nap (not by me, of course), and many hours later, most of them are up and I still haven't vacuumed. Lots of fussing occurred. Some yelling happened.

Nobody cares except me, and I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't care quite so much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (06-16-2010), eoconnel (06-17-2010)
Old 06-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #351
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
Oh my goodness, Duckwithoneleg. I can so relate to everything you said (and you others too).

I stay so mad at myself because I can't keep anything straight.

How can I expect my children to clean up their messes when I can't even clean up my own? I hate it. I'm actually an extremely organized person if given enough time, enough silence and absolutely no interruptions. People used to put me in charge of cleaning stuff out and organizing it. But that's before I had kids. I don't have time now, I certainly don't have silence and while typing this I've had approximately 28 interruptions.

So I had made it a goal this morning to get the toys off the living room floor so I could vacuum. Three nursings, two meals, a nap (not by me, of course), and many hours later, most of them are up and I still haven't vacuumed. Lots of fussing occurred. Some yelling happened.

Nobody cares except me, and I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't care quite so much.
hehe

i dig this thread.

i got so much of my list done, and then what? of course, the refrigerator broke.

the intense friend is coming this weekend (i think?) and the dishes have once again multiplied and procreated and are taking over the world.

buh i want to be done doing chores.gonna have to suck it up again tomorrow and get back to the grind.

grind... grinds... coffee grinds.... mmmmm, coffee.

Welcoming all prayers for a sticky duckling this time

At the end of time, I will kiss you all over your face.
duckwithoneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #352
Peridot
Rose Garden

Here, Sarah

Dishes multiply around here too. Add to that- Maximus changing his clothes 8700 times dialy, adn ;laundry multiplies too. And Mail- DH is supposed to be in charge of. and toys...books....etc...

off to coffee myself.

duckwithoneleg (06-16-2010)
Old 06-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #353
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here, Sarah

Dishes multiply around here too. Add to that- Maximus changing his clothes 8700 times dialy, adn ;laundry multiplies too. And Mail- DH is supposed to be in charge of. and toys...books....etc...

off to coffee myself.

aaaugh, mail! i hate mail! i mean the bills and junk kind. of course everyone loves a good handwritten letter from a friend

Old 06-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #354
Peridot
Rose Garden

Quote:

aaaugh, mail! i hate mail! i mean the bills and junk kind. of course everyone loves a good handwritten letter from a friend
Yeah, but how often does that happen?

Maybe he'd be more interested in sorting the mail if it contained an inappropriate pic of his wife now and again.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:33 AM   #355
NewCovenantMama
Climbing Rose

NewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this thread . I've struggled with chronic disorganization for as long as I can remember. I was healed of ADD nearly 2 years ago, but still struggling with a mixture of over 40 years' worth of thinking/habit patterns (I was 42 when I was healed!) and possible PTSD symptoms. Our house...well, I wouldn't want my son's special needs social worker to call round right now....

Gotta go do the shopping, but I'll be back .

Emma
NewCovenantMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #356
eoconnel
Rose Garden

eoconnel has a reputation beyond reputeeoconnel has a reputation beyond reputeeoconnel has a reputation beyond reputeeoconnel has a reputation beyond reputeeoconnel has a reputation beyond reputeeoconnel has a reputation beyond reputeeoconnel has a reputation beyond reputeeoconnel has a reputation beyond reputeeoconnel has a reputation beyond reputeeoconnel has a reputation beyond reputeeoconnel has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had an extra couple hundred dollars because I would pay someone to show me how to organize all my stuff and I don't have a bunch of extra stuff we have moved too much for that. And then pay someone to come clean my house every 2 weeks.
Emma (2/16/04) my Goosie Colin (12/12/05) my Monkey Max (3/2/09) my Bird
Plexus Worldwide Ambassador
Ask me how you can get healthier, lose weight and earn money with Plexus Worldwide!
eoconnel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eoconnel For This Useful Post:
Peridot (06-18-2010)
Old 06-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #357
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I used to wait for DH to look through the mail, too, and it would just pile and pile up.
Now, what I do is just go through it as soon as I have it. Most of it is junk mail. I keep a paper grocery bag in a certain spot and I toss the stuff that we don't need in it. It will all be burned, so it does not matter if it is a credit application or something that would need shredding. I throw away the envelopes with the plastic windows, and catalogs, too. I keep an accordian file with 13 compartments. Anything we need to keep (a bill that is auto draft or that I pay online, a statement, whatever) just goes in the slot for that month. Anything medical or insurance related goes in the back 13th slot. It is not perfect, but it is better than a pile. Then, anything that needs to be taken care of later or I need as a reminder goes in this holder thing on my kitchen wall. (I don't have a desk- probably a good thing!) Coupons go in the coupon drawer. Then, any trade magazines for DH or whatever is just for him goes in a small pile for DH. Since I do it every day,
It takes only a couple minutes to go through it all, we normally get maybe 5-6 pieces of mail a day and that is it, and I have really come to the conclusion that we don't need most of it.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
Dovenoir (09-14-2010)
Old 06-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #358
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Quote:
Yeah, but how often does that happen?

Maybe he'd be more interested in sorting the mail if it contained an inappropriate pic of his wife now and again.
! yes, maybe! that might actually be an excellent idea...

and yeah the handwritten letter from a friend? almost never, of course ... though i find that if i send them to people, sometimes i get one in return, and that's always fun!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #359
Peridot
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoconnel View Post
I wish I had an extra couple hundred dollars because I would pay someone to show me how to organize all my stuff and I don't have a bunch of extra stuff we have moved too much for that. And then pay someone to come clean my house every 2 weeks.
yup, and me. :maid.... oh wait that was another thread... There ARE those paid professional organizer people- whom I will never be able to afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLifeMama View Post
I used to wait for DH to look through the mail, too, and it would just pile and pile up.
Now, what I do is just go through it as soon as I have it. Most of it is junk mail. I keep a paper grocery bag in a certain spot and I toss the stuff that we don't need in it. It will all be burned, so it does not matter if it is a credit application or something that would need shredding. I throw away the envelopes with the plastic windows, and catalogs, too. I keep an accordian file with 13 compartments. Anything we need to keep (a bill that is auto draft or that I pay online, a statement, whatever) just goes in the slot for that month. Anything medical or insurance related goes in the back 13th slot. It is not perfect, but it is better than a pile. Then, anything that needs to be taken care of later or I need as a reminder goes in this holder thing on my kitchen wall. (I don't have a desk- probably a good thing!) Coupons go in the coupon drawer. Then, any trade magazines for DH or whatever is just for him goes in a small pile for DH. Since I do it every day,
It takes only a couple minutes to go through it all, we normally get maybe 5-6 pieces of mail a day and that is it, and I have really come to the conclusion that we don't need most of it.
One of these days, DH is going to come home and find that I have spent 1,000$ at Staples on notebooks/binders/whathaveyou, and am opening ALL the mail. Then he will find I have also sold every single peice of Coca-Cola memorabilia that is cluttering my attic and preventing me from storing anything up there.

Quote:
! yes, maybe! that might actually be an excellent idea...

and yeah the handwritten letter from a friend? almost never, of course ... though i find that if i send them to people, sometimes i get one in return, and that's always fun!
Well, I could start a penpal thingy going, but I might just hyperfocus on the mail then... Which would of course be self defeating....

duckwithoneleg (06-18-2010)
Old 06-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #360
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Quote:

Well, I could start a penpal thingy going, but I might just hyperfocus on the mail then... Which would of course be self defeating....
hehehe, yes, and penpal's become so much work too!

The Following User Says Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
Peridot (06-18-2010)