Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #211
Dandelion
Rose Garden

Dandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

Quote:
I thought that it was supposed to be 1-3 mix? Or is that just to hydrate it to put it on you?
yeah 1/10 to take it internally, 1/3 for external use. I had the ratio right, but was taking way more than 1/2 tsp.
B 8/99
O1 5/03
V 6/05
M 7/07
L 11/10
H 11/12
O2 11/15
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #212
wannabemommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by righteous mama
Does it cleanse the liver? I just got back blood results and my liver enzymes are high. It runs in my family. My mom struggles with her levels and my grandpa died with cirrhosis even though he never drank alcohol.

kombucha tea is wonderful for the liver look into it
Old 12-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #213
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Got another thing I can personally attest for. It takes away UTI's in less than half a day!!!!
Yesterday my oldest dd started complaining about burning when she urinated. I told her to drink lots of water and I gave her vitamin C all day. By the evening she was really starting to complain about it and had to keep going to the bathroom to tee-tee.
I figured since I used clay in place of antibiotics I could do the same for dd. She is use to taking it so I gave her a little less than a tsp of the dry powder and mixed it with enough water to make it drinkable and put a huge squirt of honey in it.
She drank it all and wouldnt you know it, by the time she was ready to fall asleep it was gone. I just had her press on her lower abdomin occassionally and if she felt pressure or pain she went to the bathroom.
im so so glad this worked because Ive only had a uti once in my life and i remember how bad it felt. I actually went to the er because i didnt know what it was.
Another for clay!!!

Oh I also forgot to add to my original list that I removed hair dye from my bathroom grout in between the tiles with clay.

One other thing I came back to add is earaches also. Dh had a really bad one and I put some hydrated clay behind his ear, natural drops in his ear, and warmed up a rice sock to cover his ear. Gone in a couple of hours where normally it would take a day or so.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Stiina (05-03-2012)
Old 12-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #214
FaithfilledGranolaChick

Dh was getting the flu/sore thoat etc.. and he drank liquid clay(about 3 ounces 2x per day for 2 days) and gargled it and within one day was feeling all better I've been taking it too, everyone in our family has come down w/ that nasty stomach bug and we (dh, dd or I) haven't gotten it
Old 12-16-2008, 04:15 PM   #215
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

I've not read the entire thread.....but would clay work as a body powder? Or would that be overkill?

The reason I ask is that I am allergic to corn and am looking for a replacement for his body powder. I got the talcum powder with fragrance, but the fragrance bothers me in that!
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #216
lettucebabies

Old 12-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #217
me
Rose Garden

We use it in place of talcs and powders. Its awesome because it keeps things dry and works on any bacteria as well.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #218
Lantern Light Mama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

A.K.A. joyinthspirit

Lantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really excited I just ordered bentonite clay for the first time today!
Lantern Light Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #219
me
Rose Garden

Awesome!
hope you dont mind me recommending clay baths for your children. my older dd has strabismus (will likely be off glasses within the year), ds was the one with the most asd symtoms, and my other dd was going down the same allergy path. clay baths have been a huge part in their healing.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #220
Lantern Light Mama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

A.K.A. joyinthspirit

Lantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm planning to use it for Mason especially!
Lantern Light Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #221
krysmh
Climbing Rose

krysmh is just really nicekrysmh is just really nicekrysmh is just really nicekrysmh is just really nicekrysmh is just really nice

After reading this entire thread a couple times, I think I might order some of this stuff.

I have allergies, (a little bit of) eczema, and some digestive issues. My hubby has bumps on the back of his arms.

My question is, should I expect any negative side effects from taking the recommended internal amount? I'm because I have a really really sensitive stomach plus a phobia of vomiting, and if it makes me feel nauseated, I'll never look at it again.

Wife to Dustin 11/2000
Mama to sweet little Isaiah 8/2010, and Princess Karina 4/2012
These three are my world

Where I record my thoughts: http://www.songofhersoul.com
krysmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #222
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

speak softly and carry a big coffee

crunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond repute

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

"i did not want my children to love me because i had been an adequate mother, because i would never be one, this i already knew. i wanted my children to love me for the same reason i want my children themselves to be loved: because we are all irreducible, irreplaceable." -gina bria
crunchymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #223
krysmh
Climbing Rose

krysmh is just really nicekrysmh is just really nicekrysmh is just really nicekrysmh is just really nicekrysmh is just really nice

Wife to Dustin 11/2000
Mama to sweet little Isaiah 8/2010, and Princess Karina 4/2012
These three are my world

Where I record my thoughts: http://www.songofhersoul.com
krysmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #224
gentlemommy
Deactivated

gentlemommy has a reputation beyond reputegentlemommy has a reputation beyond reputegentlemommy has a reputation beyond reputegentlemommy has a reputation beyond reputegentlemommy has a reputation beyond reputegentlemommy has a reputation beyond reputegentlemommy has a reputation beyond reputegentlemommy has a reputation beyond reputegentlemommy has a reputation beyond reputegentlemommy has a reputation beyond reputegentlemommy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love aditional info or discussion on taking clay internally while pregnant. I got some clay from earthslivingclay (Carol is so nice!) and she reassured me that it was safe during pregnancy but I'm still about it. I really should have asked her for more details on *why* she's so sure it's safe. I keep reading in other places that pregnant women should *not* take clay internally. So I'm not sure what to believe.
gentlemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:04 AM   #225
FaithfilledGranolaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemommy
I'd love aditional info or discussion on taking clay internally while pregnant. I got some clay from earthslivingclay (Carol is so nice!) and she reassured me that it was safe during pregnancy but I'm still about it. I really should have asked her for more details on *why* she's so sure it's safe. I keep reading in other places that pregnant women should *not* take clay internally. So I'm not sure what to believe.
This is what the book Living Clay says about it being safe during pregnancy-

Quote:
But how do I know it is really safe for me and my child? Yes, eating clay is a safe and suitable practice that can be maintained during pregnancy. But as I have emphasized thoughout the book, it is important to find the right clay . Not all clays are good for eating. You want clean, natural, Calcium Bentonite Clay.
Of course that is after it talks all about the great benefits of taking clay during pregnancy!!! I am still too!