Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:38 PM   #211
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

this is why i never ask caleb questions
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #212
herbalwriter

Old 08-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #213
GotMyHeartFull
Deactivated

GotMyHeartFull is on a distinguished road

I am doing much better and my house is looking much nicer. Took me hours to get the carpeted stairs steam cleaned yesterday. First time in 5 years Now I am making a plan to go over them once every 2 or 3 months, so much simpler. My kitchen is now almost completey deep cleaned. I am learning how much easier it is to just tackle the job and/or maintain the house rather than letting things slide. Embarrassing that it has taken this long.
I am also decluttering like a mad woman and it is such a burden lifted to get this junk out of the house
GotMyHeartFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:30 PM   #214
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

WTG Kelly!
I am trying to declutter, too.
I usually get rid of one or two things a day, I wish I could do more!

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #215
GotMyHeartFull
Deactivated

thanks!! I go thru spurts with decluttering. Some times it is hard to part with anything and other times I fill up a couple bags in a day. I try and take advantage of those moments Still hard to part with books and magazines though
Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #216
PaleBlue

I need to declutter so badly right now. We might be moving and this is my chance- my chance to leave it behind and start anew! Right now our house is one story, 1500 square feet and we bought it as our first home. Now we have a 3 year old....plus more furniture and household goods acquired....and another baby on the way, and we have outgrown this house. My husband may be changing jobs and if so we will be moving to the coast and building a house. We've been looking at models . We'll be able to build a much nicer one because he has land there to put up for financing already so when we sell this house, we can put all our money into the actual building and not land too.

This house is just....stuffed. Counters, drawers, closets. It's depressing. I've been lurking here and trying to do a flylady type thing but it just doesn't seem to put a dent in it. Every little bit helps I guess but I'm getting desperate- being pregnant, it's almost to where I can't bend over comfortably anymore so if it's not done soon I won't feel like it. It seems like everyone else just trashes the house while I don't feel like scrubbing anymore.

The huge problem is we don't have a basement or walk-in attic so we don't have any room to STORE things, which would help immensely. We have 3 bedrooms, only 1 walk-in closet, kitchen, living room, dining room master bath, second bath and...that's it. We're crammed.

We can't even turn our second bedroom into a nursery unless we get rid of the treadmill, desk and computer (and just use our wireless/laptops, no desk), and 3 large bookshelves because we have NOWHERE else to put them and I am really dpressed about not being able to do a nursery, this might be my last baby.

I can't part with the treadmill! I will need it. There aren't a lot of good places to walk around here plus it's been 100 degrees, and I bought a really nice treadmill when I was working. It was several thousand dollars, I NEVER make purchases like this, ever. We are on a tight budget and this was a treat for myself when I was working and could afford it, to help me get and stay fit. We can't get rid of all that furniture, my husband is unwilling to store it- it will easily fit in the new house if we are able to move in a couple of months, but if not, we have no choice to make a nursery here unless we just give all that away, this house is too tiny. I'm sad...I can part with the desk, I can't part with all of my books, and I need the treadmill. It just won't fit in the living room or bedroom without sticking out in the way.

So I'm stressed about decluttering as well as just being crammed into a too-small, cluttered, house.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #217
Benjaminswife
Rose Garden

Benjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud of

Quote:
So I'm stressed about decluttering as well as just being crammed into a too-small, cluttered, house.
I feel the same way.

It's so hard.

I have a friend who does really well with these small apartments. Her apartment is always so nice. I want to be like that. I am not sure how though. Can you train yourself to always keep a nice house?

~Julie~
Wife to Ben since 08/03/02,
Mama to Daniel~9, Drew~7 & Joshua~3
Blogging Through The Journey

Benjaminswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:01 AM   #218
Rose
Rose Trellis

Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRose is a glorious beacon of lightRose is a glorious beacon of lightRose is a glorious beacon of lightRose is a glorious beacon of lightRose is a glorious beacon of light

I'm just seeing this thread and boy do i have a house! we just moved in last month and we have opened boxes filled with misc. junk EVERYWHERE. I haven't felt good and I have a 6 week old baby... Things have really gotten bad and i was terrible at upkeep to begin with! I haven't done laundry in 6 weeks (neither has dh) but I started sorting it at one point. Never finished so those piles collected and merged and now i have no floor in my bedroom. I'm hoping to start cleaning things up this coming week but i'm going to need a lot of gumption. all the dishes are dirty, and everything is awful. Plus, i just found some *moldy, smelly trash that everyone thought was taken out but it only was placed near the door but everything was so cluttered no one noticed*. It was one of the worst cleaning things I've ever had to take care of.

Tomorrow I'm going to: assemble all garabage and do the dishes.

Please bug me about it if i'm online. I really need to get to work but i'd rather have social interaction. GCM can be my reward!
"Mogi" 2-23-09
and her twin,
Addison, who Jesus is holding for me. 8-5-08
Remembering two little ones who were born to Jesus. 9-27-09 & 11-13-09

Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:52 AM   #219
booboo
Deactivated

booboo is on a distinguished road

I don't remember checking in here but I am now. My home looks like a few tornadoes hit it. And that's on a good day! Every time I try, another tornado strikes. Or the kids get sick. Or I get sick.

The ongoing pain in my right side doesn't help. I just started back to doing my p/t exercises and I need to do them at least twice a day in order to be able to walk. Dh doesn't help just complains. Or he helps while he's complaining. He's not a terrible husband, really. It's just hard. I need to do better so we can get our house on the market and hopefully move out of NJ. We want to get that going this Fall. Or at least I do.
booboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:36 AM   #220
Benjaminswife
Rose Garden

Benjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud of

I have been doing so much better lately. I am loving cleaning now for some reason. I am organizing/de-cluttering like crazy too. Working on the kitchen now. This morning I really cleaned our porch. I love it!!!

~Julie~

Old 09-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #221
GotMyHeartFull
Deactivated

I'm doing better too. And I am excited because bulki trash pickup is the first and I can't wait to get rid of the big junk that is in the garage. I'm going ot clean out the garage before dh gets home, but right now there are too many big things in the way. Decluttering is going much better too
Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 AM   #222
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I was doing better, but now that activities have started up again, I am
Help!

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #223
Benjaminswife
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMyHeartFull
I'm doing better too. And I am excited because bulki trash pickup is the first and I can't wait to get rid of the big junk that is in the garage. I'm going ot clean out the garage before dh gets home, but right now there are too many big things in the way. Decluttering is going much better too
: Our bulk trash was this morning and I got rid of a ton of junk that way too. It feels great!!!

~Julie~

Old 09-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #224
GotMyHeartFull
Deactivated

Old 09-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #225
RachamMama

I'm going to jump in..

I was a reformed messie but after bedrest, H's premature birth and moving from a large house to one that's barely over 1000 sq ft (yup, all 7 of us in here!) things are in shambles!

We're getting ready to build an addition that will add 2 bedrooms and a laundry room so that will help some. In the mean time I'm trying to declutter - no sense in keeping things if you don't have a place to put them away- and organize things a bit. I've also really been working on reinstituting a routine for everyone to help see that things get done.