Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:41 PM   #46
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Household notebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
That is gorgeous! I would relax looking at something like that. but would feel icky taking time to do it. But, my BFF in college made one, and I loved looking at hers. She's single and might enjoy making one for me.
This one I totally didn't get at first. I'm all about crafty stuff. But this had me . I went back to it today, and read through the end...she said it's nice "to write down the date and all the lovely little snippets of the day". That I could do/would do. Maybe at some point I'll do a memory journal or something like that...I just can't imagine being organized with something like that. I'd personally stay as scattered as I am right now.
TrinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #47
ArmsOfLove
Rose Garden

ArmsOfLove has disabled reputation

is it possible you are equating right-brained and artistic with disorganized? Organization does not look the same for a right-brained artistic person, but it does not have to be disorganization. I have learned that "disorganized" has often meant "trying hard to follow left brained ideas and use left brained tools and having them be ineffective".

"Organizing for the Creative Mind"
ArmsOfLove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArmsOfLove For This Useful Post:
Katydid (01-03-2010)
Old 12-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #48
MtnMama

I'm just enjoying this thread!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:48 PM   #49
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsOfLove View Post
is it possible you are equating right-brained and artistic with disorganized? Organization does not look the same for a right-brained artistic person, but it does not have to be disorganization. I have learned that "disorganized" has often meant "trying hard to follow left brained ideas and use left brained tools and having them be ineffective".

maybe ... I keep thinking/feeling that if I could get things "sorted" nicely I might keep things straight a little better. But so far, I have never found a good "system".

Is that a book?

Right now I'm in the process of holding a sleepy but hungry baby, and when he's again fed and sleepING, I'm going to finish decorating my notebook and take a picture.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:01 PM   #50
ThirstyTurtle
Rose Garden

ThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinMama View Post
So now I'm having a hard time filling it. I had planned to put medical info and vehicle info in it, for example. But right now these are kept in our filing cabinet. I am wondering now which is best...keep them in the filing cabinet, or move them?
I would keep them in the filing cabinet. I don't see the point of having them in the household notebook unless you reference them on a daily, weekly, or maybe even monthly basis.

I would like to get a household notebook together with a menu plan, grocery lists, grocery sales ad, budget, place for receipts that need to be filed, cleaning schedule, weekly schedule, and to-do list. I already have financial relatively organized in my filing cabinet anyway.

DS1-12/2006
DS2-04/2008
DS3-12/2009

You cannot be too gentle, too kind. Shun even to appear harsh in your treatment of each other. Joy, radiant joy, streams from the face of him who gives and kindles joy in the heart of him who receives. All condemnation is from the devil. Never condemn each other. ... Keep silent, refrain from judgment. This will raise you above the deadly arrows of slander, insult and outrage and will shield your glowing hearts against all evil.
ThirstyTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThirstyTurtle For This Useful Post:
TrinMama (12-31-2009)
Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #51
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsOfLove View Post

Crystal, would you mind sharing how you organized homekeeping with 5 children as a right-brained person? I'd love to hear about it.

I've read "Organizing for the Creative Mind" and the things I'm going to try and incorporate this year are the To-Do list based on priority, a global overview of the month and upcoming months, and I'm going to experiment with organizing my day like the chronotebook (i.e. a clock at the center of the page and that's it).

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:41 AM   #52
Mama Bird
Rose Garden

Mama Bird has a reputation beyond reputeMama Bird has a reputation beyond reputeMama Bird has a reputation beyond reputeMama Bird has a reputation beyond reputeMama Bird has a reputation beyond reputeMama Bird has a reputation beyond reputeMama Bird has a reputation beyond reputeMama Bird has a reputation beyond reputeMama Bird has a reputation beyond reputeMama Bird has a reputation beyond reputeMama Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Use it...love it! If you save her printables on your desktop, you can actually print them smaller, to fit in your planner. I keep a household notebook and a planner, and they match.
Mama Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #53
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Use it...love it! If you save her printables on your desktop, you can actually print them smaller, to fit in your planner. I keep a household notebook and a planner, and they match.
Which printables?

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #54
Garland
Rose Trellis

Garland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #55
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

I know I still need to post a picture. I still need to take the picture. It's been a busy weekend and we're also getting the house ready to list it for sale...so hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning I'll post a picture of my binder.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #56
Katydid
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Katydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinMama View Post
This one I totally didn't get at first. I'm all about crafty stuff. But this had me . I went back to it today, and read through the end...she said it's nice "to write down the date and all the lovely little snippets of the day". That I could do/would do. Maybe at some point I'll do a memory journal or something like that...I just can't imagine being organized with something like that. I'd personally stay as scattered as I am right now.
I know it's not for everybody, just what has worked for me. Here is another one of her blog posts about how she organizes her planning: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/...ning-days.html Maybe that would help to explain a bit better?

Also, as a bonus, here is a beautifully encouraging entry on scheduling our days: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/08/new-days.html
Codi (01-04-2010), TrinMama (01-04-2010)
Old 01-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #57
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

subbing to come back to this
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:21 AM   #58
Naxi
Rose Bouquet

Naxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceMama View Post
Which printables?
Yes, please. Which site did you mean, Haley?

Wife to my darling, since 2003;
and
Homeschooling Mumma to Possum (2006), Bandicoot (2008) and Sugar-Glider (Little Princess 2010)

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule." Matthew 5:2 TMV
Naxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:34 AM   #59
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

Teacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Teacher Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #60
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katydid View Post
I know it's not for everybody, just what has worked for me. Here is another one of her blog posts about how she organizes her planning: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/...ning-days.html Maybe that would help to explain a bit better?

Also, as a bonus, here is a beautifully encouraging entry on scheduling our days: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/08/new-days.html
Now I get it.

here's another just like her idea, with lots of pictures. http://eyesofwonder.typepad.com/my_w...ing/index.html

Last edited by TrinMama; 01-04-2010 at 08:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TrinMama For This Useful Post:
Katydid (01-04-2010)