Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:42 PM   #31
Redeemed
Rose Trellis

Redeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VENT: Sooo someone decided I needed to be on the Pearls' Mailing List

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
So sorry that happened to you. You're doing a great job parenting. Don't mind them...although I know it's hard to have such a huge belief difference from your parents. Maybe they'll see that you are a brick wall and they'll get tired and give it up if they can't respect your boundary.

ETA: I could provide you with some more fireplace kindling for the winter if you need it.
I liked that idea you had earlier, much better. Maybe we ought to have an OKC GCM book burning party. tee hee!

Didn't tell you earlier tonight, but I love you, sister. I'm blessed beyond measure with your friendship!

Child of God since 07/1982.
Wife to Bryan, my best friend and retired soldier, since 06/2014.

Mom to DD (02/1998), DS1 (08/2006), and DS2 (01/2009).
Two w/Jesus (05/2001) and (12/2004).
Stepmom to DSD (06/2007) and DSS (04/2009).

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-31-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redeemed For This Useful Post:
charla (08-31-2010)
Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #32
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VENT: Sooo someone decided I needed to be on the Pearls' Mailing List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
Linda:

Thank you so much, sister! I appreciate it so very much!!!
I am so happy to help.

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #33
Heather Micaela
Rose Garden

Bar/Bat Mitzvah picture with husband Michael.

Location: Within sight and earshot of the Disneyland fireworks
Heather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond reputeHeather Micaela has a reputation beyond repute

I once recieved a sermon CD on why we should spank from a single guy who read by blog. He ended up getting married and spanking their son before he turned one

ESFJ T4 Messianic
Joshua-13
Christina- 11
Amalia Linda-8.5
Trinity-7
Gabriel-5
w/ADHD, ASD & Dyslexia
Taylor Jordan11/15/04 SkyeDakota10/12/05
Life is a pile of good things & bad things The good things don't always soften the bad things but the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things
Heather Micaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 PM   #34
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. . .

For me, this repeated intrustion and urging to abuse would cause me to tell them to silence their mouths (and actions) forever or be cut off from our lives. The Pearls promote abuse. Anyone who repeatedly tried to get me to subscribe to their methods would be out of our lives. And yes, the Pearls reject God's salvation--they think children can be saved from hell through spankings.
Posted via Mobile Device
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
kwisie (09-01-2010), Redeemed (09-01-2010), Sparrow (09-01-2010), sweetpeasmommy (09-01-2010), swimming with sharks (09-01-2010), Synesthesia (09-01-2010)
Old 09-01-2010, 01:57 AM   #35
Maggie
Deactivated

love

Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond repute

Argh! How infuriating! Sorry they are Pearls fans and are pushing them on you! Glad you called to cancel and told NGJ what you think!
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:
Redeemed (09-01-2010)
Old 09-01-2010, 05:15 AM   #36
Redeemed
Rose Trellis

Redeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond reputeRedeemed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadezhda View Post
Good for you!

Are you also going to let your dad's wife know you've cancelled the subscription?
I believe I told my dad yesterday when I talked to him I had my name taken off their mailing list.

SIDENOTE/DIGRESSION: I talked to him this morning, but very general topics. He thinks my majoring in psychology is "psychobabble" and not grounded in science or Scripture for that matter. Well, guess what, dad, I'm going to a CHRISITIAN university that makes you write about psychology according to scripture. But he is supportive of what I've chosen to major in as it is truly fascinating to me.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:20 AM   #37
Karen

Quote:
I believe I told my dad yesterday when I talked to him I had my name taken off their mailing list.

SIDENOTE/DIGRESSION: I talked to him this morning, but very general topics. He thinks my majoring in psychology is "psychobabble" and not grounded in science or Scripture for that matter. Well, guess what, dad, I'm going to a CHRISITIAN university that makes you write about psychology according to scripture. But he is supportive of what I've chosen to major in as it is truly fascinating to me.
I am really sorry you have to deal with this. To be perfectly honest, I would not be comfortable allowing people who constantly criticize me and my decisions open access to my life. I would put a hard fast boundary in place for my family's and my own protection and sanity. To have someone nitpick your decisions is just crazymaking, and also very rude. I know he is your father but you are an adult.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
DoulaClara (09-01-2010), emerald (09-05-2010), kwisie (09-01-2010), nadezhda (09-01-2010), Redeemed (09-01-2010)
Old 09-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #38
arymanth
Rose Bouquet

arymanth has much to be proud ofarymanth has much to be proud ofarymanth has much to be proud ofarymanth has much to be proud ofarymanth has much to be proud ofarymanth has much to be proud ofarymanth has much to be proud ofarymanth has much to be proud ofarymanth has much to be proud ofarymanth has much to be proud ofarymanth has much to be proud of

If it had been me, I would have taken the Pearls materials and sat down and wrote copious notes on EVERYTHING in them (this is not scriptural... see "X" scripture. This is abusive and contrary to "X" scripture, etc.) Then I would hand-deliver my copy to the person who sent it to me and tell them that I read it, I didn't agree with it, and I canceled the subscription, but they could have my copy.

For ME, already having grown up with this kind of philosophy, it helps to sit down and minutely deconstruct these kind of arguments so they are exposed for the lies they are, and then writing down what the scriptures actually DO say about those subjects. It is replacing lies with the truth. HOWEVER, I don't think this is a good idea for everyone, because those negative thoughts and images have a way of creeping into your head, even when you know they're wrong. (Garbage in, garbage out)

Now blogging at The Shepherd's Apprentice
arymanth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to arymanth For This Useful Post:
Redeemed (09-01-2010)
Old 09-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #39
Two Little Birds
Deactivated

"Knitting is Mama's job"

Location: Where the wind blows, the snow flies and mere mortals can't breathe
Two Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Little Birds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh yeah, the CTBHHM book stepmom bought for me has been lost in the house somewhere. LOL! I do plan on using it as kindling for the fireplace this winter. ha ha ha

I guess I do need to find some humor. The catalog made it's way into the trash last night!
"Thanks for the kindling, but if you really want to provide heat for us this winter a cord of wood would be appreciated."
Two Little Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Two Little Birds For This Useful Post:
charla (09-01-2010), kwisie (09-01-2010), Redeemed (09-01-2010)
Old 09-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #40
Synesthesia
Rose Garden

Synesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond repute

Hurm. I'd explode. Even the fire would spit that out because it's so revolting.
Shame there's no such magazine as Marsipial Moms. Someone should invent it.
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush, The Fog

Wielder of the Katana of Lepidoptera and General Randomness.
Synesthesia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synesthesia For This Useful Post:
Redeemed (09-01-2010), Sparrow (09-01-2010)
Old 09-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #41
Zooey
Rose Trellis

Zooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermana Linda View Post
Oh, no! She got to him, too.

You know, even without factoring in the abuse stuff, the Pearls' teachings are heretical. Check out my arguments from pro-spankers, maybe you can find one to share with him.
This.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #42
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Oh yeah, the CTBHHM book stepmom bought for me has been lost in the house somewhere. LOL! I do plan on using it as kindling for the fireplace this winter. ha ha ha

I guess I do need to find some humor. The catalog made it's way into the trash last night!

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote:
For all his faults and toxic waste, wasn't Dobson the first Christian psychologist? Didn't he pave the way?

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #43
Redeemed
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBear View Post

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

For all his faults and toxic waste, wasn't Dobson the first Christian psychologist? Didn't he pave the way?
mamaBear: yep. Just so happens, my therapist doesn't like him, either! And she's a Biblical counselor.

I my therapist!!! She's the best!!!