Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

I'm most definitely an INFJ. ;-)

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are your thoughts on Snart911?

So I just heard about Smart911 and the idea sounds cool. Basically you register your number to include some details about you or your family. Heres from the website:

"Smart911 allows citizens to provide the additional details that 9-1-1 call takers may need in order to assist them during an emergency. When you dial 9-1-1 today the information received by the 9-1-1 call center can be limited based on the type of phone you are calling on."

I think it could be helpful to share how many people live in the home, esp small children who may not be able to help themselves. To share if there are pets in the home. To share if there is like a special code at the gate to get into the property. To share if there is any special medical, intellectual or emotional needs in the family. To indicate forms of communication needed besides English (ie sign language or foreign language.) And I think it would be wonderful for all domestic violence sufferers to have a profile made with the details there.

But, then Im like...."Eh, how vulnerable is this information to hacker attack? Is it dangerous to provide this info to 'big brother' does it open any cans or worms best kept shut??" So I thought Id check in here and see what people here think and know!!

(keep in mind this is in a public forum. We can move it to a more private place if a poster requests.)
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitPatientlyOnTheLord For This Useful Post:
deena (10-08-2016), kiloyd (10-10-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 05:31 AM   #2
Little Forest
Rose Garden

Rich in girls.

Little Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your thoughts on Snart911?

I am not a totally paranoid person, but would not put all that info out there. That is another good reason the have a landline where your address will be automatically sent to 911 in an emergency.

I wonder how much help some of that info really would be. It is not as is they are going to send translators there is someone speaks a different language. I can see how a gate code would help though bit info you don't want to get into the wrong hands. They can probably tell straightaway if children live in the house without being told.
Posted via Mobile Device
Little Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #3
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the kid thing, if there is more than one kid, you can say how many so firefighters can know if they need to keep looking. Medical info for major issues seems like it could be useful to paramedics and save time (Ie is a person unconscious cus they had an allergic reaction or cus their blood sugar is insane?) .

If somebody has a mental condition in which they might not be themselves, in which they might be violent or irrational or whatever I could see how knowledge can be life saving. There are officers specially trained to help talk people down when they are experiencing a mental health crisis. Ok, specifically,

Or like I say, domestic violence. A wife secretly letting it be known that her spouse is abusive and has guns in the home could also save lives- Like the officers responding know to consider any situation there potentially life threatening.

But Im not in any of the above situations. Which is why Im hesitant to include the info. Maybe Ill skip it for now and reevaluate if life changes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitPatientlyOnTheLord For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-10-2016), kiloyd (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 04:31 AM   #4
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are your thoughts on Snart911?

I would probably do it. I am not super vigilant about privacy though. Is it associated with our address or our phone number though? There's several potential phone numbers that could be calling 911 from our house and the information I could give would have most value if it was a babysitter who had to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:22 PM   #5
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

Hmm, I assume you could connect the info to several numbers. Great thought about the baby sitter.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:48 PM   #6
kiloyd
Rose Garden

kiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Forest View Post
That is another good reason the have a landline where your address will be automatically sent to 911 in an emergency.

Posted via Mobile Device
Another reason I think landlines are a good idea.

Thank you for posting this question Waitpaitentlyonthelord, I've wondered the same thing. We got a flyer about it last week at a science enrichment day.
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
kiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kiloyd For This Useful Post:
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (10-10-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 03:25 AM   #7
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloyd View Post
Another reason I think landlines are a good idea.

Thank you for posting this question Waitpaitentlyonthelord, I've wondered the same thing. We got a flyer about it last week at a science enrichment day.

We do still have a landline but I doubt anyone would ever think to use it honestly, unless a cell phone wasn't available or working.

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

Old 10-12-2016, 06:57 PM   #8
kiloyd
Rose Garden

kiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaVA View Post
We do still have a landline but I doubt anyone would ever think to use it honestly, unless a cell phone wasn't available or working.

Really? I prefer my landline.
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
kiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kiloyd For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 07:01 PM   #9
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

I can't remember the last time I made a call on ours. And I never pick it up because anyone who knows me calls my cell.