Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:16 AM   #121
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation
Default Re: July Main Meals

peach muffins - that's a new one on me. What's your recipe? Sounds super good!
Old 07-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #122
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken and sour cream potatoes with baby carrots on the side

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #123
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

I was supposed to be at my brother's party tonight, and my kids were supposed to be at their grandma's so no meal plans.... Yes, I'm a little annoyed, but we will ignore that sentiment...

So... Without any dinner plan, I still amazingly fed my family.

Sauteed veggies (zucchini, garlic, onion, beets, carrots) for dh and I, hot dogs and raw veggies cut up for the kiddos.

Last edited by 2sunshines; 07-26-2015 at 03:39 AM.
2sunshines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #124
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
peach muffins - that's a new one on me. What's your recipe? Sounds super good!
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/...ugar-frosting/

These are the peach muffins. I sort of followed her notes about making them as muffins (incidentally, we tried them as cake for DS1's birthday last year and while the brown sugar cream cheese frosting is delicious, we much prefer the muffins and not the cake). So, I use all white whole wheat flour and reduce the white sugar to 1/3 cup. You might be able to go as low as 1/4 cup. I still use the full amount of brown sugar (well, I used sucanat). I use more than a pinch of nutmeg, and have had good success with both yogurt and sour cream (or a combination). LOVE these!

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

We had our first tomato pie of the year last night. YUMMO. For the curious:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/50524827046612488/

Dinner tonight was just snacky stuff/leftovers, but for potluck today I made a yummy salsa/dip I love but had forgotten about up to this point this summer: black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, and a splash of lime juice. So delicious with tortilla chips.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (07-27-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #125
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

My oldest's birthday party was today, so we had a very simple meal. Ground beef + olive oil + rice + seasonings. (We ate raw veggies during the party)

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
Old 07-27-2015, 08:57 AM   #126
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

leftover tomato pie tonight, plus roasted broccoli.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
Old 07-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #127
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

We are having cheese burger soup and something else. I just haven't figured out what the something else is yet.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #128
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

We had Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti and green beans. I haven't been to the store so had to make some changes to the recipe. I didn't have green pepper so used canned green chiles instead. I also added mushrooms and a small diced tomato. I don't usually have on hand any cream of soups but make the homemade version of cream of chicken soup. I used boneless chicken breasts so added some chicken broth to the water when cooking the chicken and spaghetti. It was soooo good.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #129
2sunshines

We had shredded chicken in the crock pot, with steamed carrots, roasted potatoes, and a cast iron pan full of a variety of roasted veggies (anything I had in the fridge).
Old 07-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #130
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

Yesterday was homemade macaroni and cheese with chicken.

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

Old 07-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #131
2sunshines

Our 12 year old niece has been staying with us for a month. Tonight is her last dinner with us as she flies home tomorrow. So per her request I have homemade spaghetti sauce simmering in the crock pot, and will serve over noodles for the kids and over zucchini "zoodles" for dh and I. Sides of steamed green beans, spinach salad, watermelon and grapes.

Last edited by 2sunshines; 07-28-2015 at 06:16 PM.
2sunshines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #132
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken and cheese enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce, mexican rice, refried black beans, homemade pico and tortilla chips
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:58 AM   #133
schmamy
Rose Garden

We basically ate blueberries for supper last night...we went and picked four gallons and ate our fill right off the bushes We had eaten a big lunch (went and had lunch with Daddy during his work break, at a restaurant) so all we needed was lots of berries plus a little snack on the way home/when we got home.

Think I will do chicken enchiladas tonight, with black beans + cilantro lime slaw.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

Old 07-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #134
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

Ground beef and rice with honey BBQ sauce, raw veggies with dill mayo dip on the side

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

Old 07-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #135
2sunshines

Tonight we had grilled chicken breast, grilled zucchini, steamed green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy.