Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #46
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

You know how we say, "It works both ways!"

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My teeth are remineralizing.

It took me multiple years to remineralize my teeth to the point that small pre-cavity erosions were filled. I don't want to be misunderstood as saying that I have reversed serious or visible tooth decay. I reversed stuff that showed up on x-ray between my molars but did not need treatment yet. The dentist thought they would continue to slowly erode and need filling eventually. He never expected that I could fill them back up with healthy teeth. But it wasn't active brown decay. That stuff goes fast.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #47
sprout
Rose Garden

sprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond repute

see...I am currently healing two teeth that showed up with cavities under an x ray albeit they are small.

Dr. Ellie says six months to a year and if it a small one you should see improvement.

and, we are.

based on all that I read it seems that there are basically two camps...the xylitol/flouride camp and the nutritional camp. Of coarse, they could be mixed if you want I guess.

I am not aware of the cal/mg studies but, that does make sense to me.
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #48
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

We are also see the same results with ds and xylitol..

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #49
sprout
Rose Garden

sprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond repute

yes...to us in our house..xylitol is a very healing power in the mouth.

we will never ever go without
Old 10-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #50
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't add the xylitol until years after the pre-cavities were gone. I cut fluoride out way back at the beginning. So neither had anything to do with my mouth healing.

I read a study that serum calcium levels in saliva are associated with dramatically reduced decay levels. Weleda has calcium in the toothpaste. And other stuff for gum health. So it sounded like a match. I switched to weleda. Cavities gone. Tooth sensitivity gone.

I added cal-mag. A year or two later, and my teeth are visibly thicker.

So, I'm in the -it's all about nutrition- camp. Plenty of essential minerals. No soda.

Last edited by Rabbit; 10-02-2009 at 11:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rabbit For This Useful Post:
Ambrielle (10-02-2009)
Old 10-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #51
sprout
Rose Garden

there is a calcium product in MI paste as well...I am wondering if that is the "key" ingredient.

I still am super stoked that there are so many ways to heal teeth...not just one magic cure...it makes the "nonbeliever" able to believe I believe.

I'm just thrilled that so many of us are able to heal.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #52
SamRose
Rose Garden

I <3 these cuties!

SamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond repute

subbing.
I think DS has 2 cavities in molars. He'll be having a dental check up b4 the year's end. I was wondering if I should skip him getting fillings and trying to heal them on our own. I used to put peroxide on a Qtip and rub it on the 1st tooth that showed a spot. It didnt seem to do anything, so we stopped. But it seems to have gotten worse, so maybe the peroxide was keeping it at bay?
The only flouride free toothpaste I found in stores was Tom's strawberry kid's toothpaste. Is the Waleda stuff minty? My kids hate the "spicy" toothpaste, as they call anythign minty, lol.
DS1-G(2/4/05) DD1-A(8/5/06)
DD2-J(6/4/08) DS2-T(3/2/11)

I use FB mostly to KIT w/ family, & friends I know IRL, so please don't be offended if I don't accept your request.
SamRose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SamRose For This Useful Post:
jandjmommy (04-16-2011)
Old 10-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #53
sprout
Rose Garden

another great resource is a yahoo group called alterntivekidsteeth.com...there is a lot of wonderful info there.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #54
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Weleda for children is not minty. Samantha tries to suck it out of the tube if she finds it unattended. Weleda for adults has two or three favors. Calendula is the one I use, specifically because it's peppermint free. Peppermint kills my milk supply.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rabbit For This Useful Post:
SamRose (10-02-2009)
Old 10-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #55
SamRose
Rose Garden

I <3 these cuties!

SamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Weleda for children is not minty. Samantha tries to suck it out of the tube if she finds it unattended. Weleda for adults has two or three favors. Calendula is the one I use, specifically because it's peppermint free. Peppermint kills my milk supply.
Do U have to get the waleda kids stuff online, or would Whole Foods or Outpost and the like have it? (I dont recall seeing it either place).

I use FB mostly to KIT w/ family, & friends I know IRL, so please don't be offended if I don't accept your request.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #56
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Whole Foods has it. I get mine through a local Frontier co-op.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #57
Mama Rophe
Rose Garden

Mama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ingredients: Water, calcium carbonate, glycerin, magnesium aluminum silicate, alcohol, calendula officinalis extract, commiphoramyrrha extract, foeniculumvulgare oil, xanthan gum, ammonium glycyrrhizate, limonene
These are the ingredients of the weleda calendula toothpaste. I'm having issues with the magnesium aluminum silicate. I don't want to add any aluminum to our bodies. What are some thoughts on this?

Also about the flouride. Dr. Ellie seems to recomend it in the colgate toothpaste and the ACT mouthwash. Do you do those too? We don't do flouride, so I don't think we could do those.

Right now we use, Tom's of Main for all of us, silly strawberry for the kids and spiramint for us, but it has SLS in it so I'd like to change that.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #58
sprout
Rose Garden

Dr. Ellie actually recommends plain crest toothpaste.

our protocol is as follows:

6.5 grams xylitol daily. I actually brush my kids teeth with xylitol and water. We had a lot of carries in my older daughter and this has made her teeth beautiful and white.

We then rinse with listerine.

Then rinse with Bubblegum ACT.

We do not ingest any flouride. I do however believe that flouride rinse is affective.

We do this twice daily.

And, in the beginning when her teeth were really struggling we would rub MI paste on them in the middle of the day.

My daughter had three visible areas of decay. Within eight weeks we saw a noticeable difference. It has been a year now and she has very white bright teeth without cavities.

Now, this is the method we as a family choose.

I know other who have choose to go with Winston Price's view point and have also done well.

It also seems that a lot here like the Welda toothpaste...I have no experience with that.

I will be honest and say that I have three mercury fillings in my mouth from when I was wee and I don't use hydrogen peroxide because I have heard that the peroxide can help to dissolve the fillings. Now, I do not know if this is true or not...but, I'm not going to take that chance. Also, I have heard that it can lead to gum problems by causing recession...again, I don't have any link to this...but, it worries me so I don't do it.

The wonderful thing about all of this is that there is more than one way to heal and you just need to figure out what your method will be.

Dr. Ellie's method takes six weeks to see a difference and six months to one year to heal cavities less than 4mm deep. Anything over 4mm deep is harder to heal and may need a filling.

If I was in need of a filling I would consider HealOzone, especially for the kids. This is a new technique that is pure ozone shot on the tooth that is supposed to kill the bacteria and then allow the tooth to start the process of strenghthening. It is expensive and not covered by insurance and still in the early stages of development in the US.

hths.
The Following User Says Thank You to sprout For This Useful Post:
simplegirl (10-23-2009)
Old 10-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #59
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

Fascinating... subbing to research this later...

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #60
SamRose
Rose Garden

I <3 these cuties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout View Post
Dr. Ellie actually recommends plain crest toothpaste.

our protocol is as follows:

6.5 grams xylitol daily. I actually brush my kids teeth with xylitol and water. We had a lot of carries in my older daughter and this has made her teeth beautiful and white.

We then rinse with listerine.

Then rinse with Bubblegum ACT.

We do not ingest any flouride. I do however believe that flouride rinse is affective.

We do this twice daily.

And, in the beginning when her teeth were really struggling we would rub MI paste on them in the middle of the day.

My daughter had three visible areas of decay. Within eight weeks we saw a noticeable difference. It has been a year now and she has very white bright teeth without cavities.

Now, this is the method we as a family choose.

I know other who have choose to go with Winston Price's view point and have also done well.

It also seems that a lot here like the Welda toothpaste...I have no experience with that.

I will be honest and say that I have three mercury fillings in my mouth from when I was wee and I don't use hydrogen peroxide because I have heard that the peroxide can help to dissolve the fillings. Now, I do not know if this is true or not...but, I'm not going to take that chance. Also, I have heard that it can lead to gum problems by causing recession...again, I don't have any link to this...but, it worries me so I don't do it.

The wonderful thing about all of this is that there is more than one way to heal and you just need to figure out what your method will be.

Dr. Ellie's method takes six weeks to see a difference and six months to one year to heal cavities less than 4mm deep. Anything over 4mm deep is harder to heal and may need a filling.

If I was in need of a filling I would consider HealOzone, especially for the kids. This is a new technique that is pure ozone shot on the tooth that is supposed to kill the bacteria and then allow the tooth to start the process of strenghthening. It is expensive and not covered by insurance and still in the early stages of development in the US.

hths.
I think I first read it on this board, that even rinsing w/ flouride was bad, because it's absorbed in your mouth quickly into your system (that's why you dissolve certain pills under your tongue, get them into your system faster). Any info on that?