Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #241
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of
Default Re: My teeth are remineralizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
I love Earthpaste.

Sent from my Droid Razr via Tapatalk 2 via Swype
We have been using this but I searched their web site and the sources of their xylitol are birch or corn and needing to be sure of no corn we had to cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Where do you find birch xylitol? The stuff I currently have is corn.
I just found it at the local health food store. I'll try to get back to you later about what brand it is
It is called Xyla and is !00% hardwood derived. www.xylitolcanada.com
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added

Last edited by marigold; 06-05-2013 at 07:54 AM.
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marigold For This Useful Post:
Sundance (06-05-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #242
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiina View Post
One drop on her toothbrush.
I bet I could get the kids to brush with this if I mixed it into some raw honey
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #243
HomeWithMyBabies
Rose Garden

HomeWithMyBabies has disabled reputation

Part of the GAPS protocol is brushing with olive oil. I haven't actually done it yet though. I'm not quite sure how to do it...I don't want to dip my brush in it and I know I will spill it everywhere if I try to pour it. I'm not skeptical that it would work, I think the act of brushing is really the main thing.
HomeWithMyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #244
JosiAtara
Rosebud

JosiAtara will become famous soon enoughJosiAtara will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWithMyBabies View Post
Part of the GAPS protocol is brushing with olive oil. I haven't actually done it yet though. I'm not quite sure how to do it...I don't want to dip my brush in it and I know I will spill it everywhere if I try to pour it. I'm not skeptical that it would work, I think the act of brushing is really the main thing.
Maybe pour some into a small wide container like a baby food jar that you'd dip the toothbrush into?

I'm trying to find oregano oil and it's pretty costly--hmm, although it's way cheaper than my fillings would cost...
JosiAtara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #245
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of

I want to clarify that although I am struggling with my teeth since going grain free it could be because I am not following Ramiel Nagel's diet exactly. I was not drinking the raw milk until recently, choosing to save it for the kids as it is $$$$. We also don't eat much seafood or any organ meat as I have yet to fond a good reliable local source of meat that we can afford.
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #246
Living My Dream
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

*Dream*Believe*Achieve*

Living My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond repute

Soliloquy please can you tell me where the post id your said you were going to write about the diet/lifestyle thing was?

Living My Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #247
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living My Dream View Post
Soliloquy please can you tell me where the post id your said you were going to write about the diet/lifestyle thing was?
You'll have to refresh my memory. I haven't posted in this thread in awhile. Do you know about how far back it was?
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #248
Living My Dream
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

*Dream*Believe*Achieve*

Living My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
If it's low it is a symptom of several possibilities. Genuine hypothyroidism, euthyroidism, hypometabolism, and/or hyponatremia. You're at a higher risk for degenerative diseases in general as well as feeling like crud. I am raising it by doing something that I thought I would never do. RRARF (rehabilitative rest and refeeding.) Lots of sleep. Going to bed early, taking naps, sunbathing. Eating 3 good, solid meals per day plus snacks. Eating whatever appeals to me with an emphasis on salt, starch, sugar, & saturated fat. Drinking only to quench thirst, not for any other reason. Exercising only when I crave it. Releasing irrational guilt and stress is a big part of it, too.

I think it's been 3 weeks. Today at lunch my dh said to me, " Stop talking! Your mouth!"

I was and said, "What's wrong with my mouth?"

He replied, "Your teeth, they are SO white!!!!"

The theory is that when your metabolism is suppressed, your body is conserving energy. It's not rebuilding anything. It's not repairing damaged or old tissues efficiently, it's not building more lean body mass.

When the metabolism is stimulated, every system works at full steam, repairs are made, new tissue is made.

It's like being unemployed vs winning the lottery. When you have unreliable income, you turn down the thermostat and watch every penny, spending only when absolutely essential to survival. When you have reliable, lavish income you repair everything that's broken, decorate, embellish, throw parties, live abundantly.

So far, it's working for me.

I can PM you more info if you want or we could start a thread on it. But it is most definitely noticeable in my teeth, skin, energy level, libido, and the thermometer. I feel better than I have in a really long time.

Sent from my Droid Razr via Tapatalk 2 via Swype
Sorry. This is the post that sparked my intrigue.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #249
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

We had threads about it in Weight Management but they haven't been posted to in awhile. There was a thread (not by me) here, too. If you post in one of them I should see it.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #250
Living My Dream
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

*Dream*Believe*Achieve*

Forgive my confusion, is it a book you read and decided to follow?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:10 AM   #251
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

There are some books on it, yes. Websites, etc. Here is one: http://eastwesthealing.com/
Old 06-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #252
liamum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

liamum has a reputation beyond reputeliamum has a reputation beyond reputeliamum has a reputation beyond reputeliamum has a reputation beyond reputeliamum has a reputation beyond reputeliamum has a reputation beyond reputeliamum has a reputation beyond reputeliamum has a reputation beyond reputeliamum has a reputation beyond reputeliamum has a reputation beyond reputeliamum has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to post so long after this was last active, but I was searching for some alternatives I can add to tooth care.

Despite years of flossing and Sonicare, I continually get cavities and my dentist put me on a nightly prescription toothpaste. She says my teeth are demineralized, as many of you are describing.

I do use xylitol in my coffee already in place of sugar, but I am going to check out the sites referenced here.
Mother to Ardan, Now Held By God

Graceful Leigh Jewelry on Etsy
Faithfully Handmade Jewelry

My art blog

INFJ and also type 3

". . . we only feel the weight of the cross when we try to get out from under it. If we bear it gratefully, we find that it carries us." - Mark Salzman.
liamum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liamum For This Useful Post:
bentlaj11 (06-08-2014), Sundance (06-10-2014)
Old 09-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #253
MamaSam
Rose Bouquet

MamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to all

Can anyone recommend a good brand of cal mag?
MamaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MamaSam For This Useful Post:
cobluegirl (09-08-2014)
Old 09-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #254
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

We like this one http://cilihealthstore.com/site.php?...&productID=265

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #255
Kaela Parakaleo
Rosebud

One day at a time; Keep it simple; Be grateful; Smile

Kaela Parakaleo is a jewel in the roughKaela Parakaleo is a jewel in the roughKaela Parakaleo is a jewel in the roughKaela Parakaleo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamum View Post
Sorry to post so long after this was last active, but I was searching for some alternatives I can add to tooth care.

Despite years of flossing and Sonicare, I continually get cavities and my dentist put me on a nightly prescription toothpaste. She says my teeth are demineralized, as many of you are describing.

I do use xylitol in my coffee already in place of sugar, but I am going to check out the sites referenced here.
Try to find my thread on herbal and natural dental care. I just started it 2 days ago, I think. I have a link in there with a treasure trove of information on herbal, natural low cost and no cost remedies.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosiAtara View Post
Maybe pour some into a small wide container like a baby food jar that you'd dip the toothbrush into?

I'm trying to find oregano oil and it's pretty costly--hmm, although it's way cheaper than my fillings would cost...
I never thought to brush with oil of oregano. Spicy! However, it's a strong antibacterial. TY.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigold View Post
I want to clarify that although I am struggling with my teeth since going grain free it could be because I am not following Ramiel Nagel's diet exactly. I was not drinking the raw milk until recently, choosing to save it for the kids as it is $$$$. We also don't eat much seafood or any organ meat as I have yet to fond a good reliable local source of meat that we can afford.
Is there a way to tag you in a different thread? I just started a thread on some natural low cost, no cost remedies that we are trying as we try to contact the bad news from our dentist appointment. I starred the thread yesterday (11/19/14). I'd love to hear more about what you are doing for dental health.

Kaela is Hebrew for beloved. My radical identity is that I am deeply and fully loved by God.

Parakaleo is Greek and it means (among other things) to encourage. I pray that every word that I speak or write is an encouragement to others.
Kaela Parakaleo is offline   Reply With Quote