Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Beverages *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
2TMama
Rose Garden

Flawed & Forgiven. Rescued, Redeemed & Restored. Image Bearer, Grace Embracer, Joy Seeker & Hope Stirrer.

2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arnold Palmer....................

It's 1/2 lemonade & 1/2 iced tea. Dh has fallen in love w/ the stuff & it's GOT to be better than Coca-Cola!

I was wondering if you've ever tried to make this yourself? I was thinking crystal light lemonade and reg. iced tea, but dh wants to stay away from the artificial sweetener in the crystal light. What do you think about good 'ol countrytime lemonade?

To buy a gallon of the Arnold Palmer is $3. I am pretty sure I can make it for a lot cheaper, right!?!

2TMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
malakoa
Rose Garden

Fearless

malakoa has a brilliant futuremalakoa has a brilliant futuremalakoa has a brilliant futuremalakoa has a brilliant futuremalakoa has a brilliant futuremalakoa has a brilliant futuremalakoa has a brilliant futuremalakoa has a brilliant futuremalakoa has a brilliant futuremalakoa has a brilliant futuremalakoa has a brilliant future
Default Re: Arnold Palmer....................

I drank four of these today. I go to the iced tea jug and 1/2 full it with tea, then fill the rest with the 5 calorie lemonade.

It's good!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:45 AM   #3
2TMama
Rose Garden

Flawed & Forgiven. Rescued, Redeemed & Restored. Image Bearer, Grace Embracer, Joy Seeker & Hope Stirrer.

2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute

Dh is convinced it won't *quite* be the same, but I'm thinking it SHOULD be!? I told him, "we don't have to mix up a GALLON!" (In case it's YUCK :/ ) I said, "let's just do a CUP of it and see!".

What kind is 5 calories? Do you know what it's sweetened with?

THANKS!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #4
Cat
Rose Garden

Cat has disabled reputation

I hate Crystal Light.

When I was a kid, there was a mix, it was either a generic brand, or Country time, that was 1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade. Delicious! But I'm sure that was junky too, and probably more expensive than making it from scratch.

What about brewing tea and making fresh lemonade and then mixing? You could even strain the lemonade to make it more authentic.

Married to J

Mama to A born January 2010

and a kitty bear Sylvia
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:44 AM   #5
MomtoJGJ
Deactivated

MomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking just make a jug of tea and a jug of lemonade and then pour half the glass with each. That way if it doesn't taste good you don't waste the whole jug.
MomtoJGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:05 AM   #6
2TMama
Rose Garden

I suppose we could just make a jug of each. Surely, they'd get used up that way.

I think I need to go look up lemonade recipes..........Wondering how many lemons it takes to make a jug of lemonade.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:34 AM   #7
MarynMunchkins
Deactivated

MarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond repute

Lemonade is easy to make.

1/2 c. lemon juice, 2/3 c. sugar (more or less to taste) and 2 qts. of water will make you 1/2 a gallon.
MarynMunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:43 AM   #8
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TMama
I suppose we could just make a jug of each. Surely, they'd get used up that way.

I think I need to go look up lemonade recipes..........Wondering how many lemons it takes to make a jug of lemonade.
I have never had the Arnold Palmer stuff, but I mix tea and lemonade all the time.

I make simple syrup, (1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, boiled on stove), let it cool. I use 4-5 big lemons per quart of lemonade. (about a cup of juice) Pour it through a strainer into the simple syrup, then add cold water until it tastes right. (around 4 cups) I get the lemons by the box from our farmer's market co-op, so they are about 30 cents each.

For the tea, I just make regular sweet tea. When I pour my tea, I just add lemonade to it.

I suppose you could just add the lemonade concentrate part to your tea, also. I have also just added lemon juice to my sweet tea.

Mary just posted. My lemonade must be way strong compared to yours! I will try those ratios, because that would last longer for sure!

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:51 AM   #9
2TMama
Rose Garden

Thanks, ladies. My fellow-GCM-mamas are my go-to-girls for random questions such as these!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #10
Blue Savannah
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Blue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond repute

If you're worried about the sugar, you could use agave to sweeten the lemonade. I love it in lemonade.
Blue Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #11
TuneMyHeart
Rose Garden

Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above.

TuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

Could you make that simple syrup with honey?
TuneMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #12
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I guess so....The idea is just that the sweetener and water make a solution.
Let me know if you try it and how it comes out.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #13
poleidopy
Deactivated

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

poleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond repute

homemade Arnold Palmer's are the best. BEST recipe ever...lemonade plus limeade plus tea plus fresh mint...delicious.
poleidopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #14
2TMama
Rose Garden

Kawani...........this sounds very interesting

This sounds like a true "summer" bevarage

Old 06-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #15
MarynMunchkins
Deactivated

MarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond repute

That's the ratio CFA uses for their lemonade.

Honey will make it taste like honey.
MarynMunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote