Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #226
Macky
Deactivated

Macky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SO what is for dinner?

Mmmm... just finished supper. I had forgotten how much I liked this rub!

4 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon coarse salt

Mix well and coat meat. Sear in skillet with a little oil, then lower heat and cook until done. Best with pork and chicken (haven't tried it with beef yet).

Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:
ncsweetpea (03-08-2012), NeshamaMama (03-08-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #227
KLin
Rose Garden

KLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond repute

My DH wanted Turkey, took out a turkey breast from freezer yesterday. Got up this AM and seasoned it, put in crockpot with 1/2 cup veggie broth and added two large corncobs broken in half, pound of red potatoes quartered and a small bag of baby carrots with sea salt, my dried herbs and cracked pepper. Left it alone and told him when it was done. The DH the boys and my grandma Jane all had that for dinner.
I am a GF-vegetaian. I had veggie soup with quinoa and glass of red wine.

everyone is happy.
KLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #228
mamaKristin
Rose Garden

parenting better than I garden

mamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond repute

Robin/Macky, I'd love to hang out and cook with you some time.

Tonight was leftover chicken from last night. The tiny nibble I had was *delicious*. None of my kids liked it. I don't get it. Honey, soy sauce, ketchup sauced chicken and they didn't like it. They are a strange bunch.
mamaKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamaKristin For This Useful Post:
Macky (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #229
TuneMyHeart
Rose Garden

Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above.

TuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

grilled cheeseburgers and asparagus.
TuneMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #230
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

I used the last of the turkey to make a simple turkey salad with just mayo, salt, pepper. Rice crackers with it. Tomorrow starts a new turkey...

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #231
Macky
Deactivated

Macky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond repute

You reminded me, Connie, that we need to do another turkey on the barbeque sometimes. Oh, is that ever good!

Forgot to mention something else I made. Last night, I peeled too many potatoes for the scalloped potatoes and since I had the mandolin out anyway, I set it for thin slices and made us some homemade potato chips done up in olive oil. Last time I did them I oversalted because I just used the regular table salt shaker. This time I got the mortar and pestle out and ground some coarse salt into a powder, then I mixed it with garlic powder and sifted the mix very lightly over the chips before tossing. Sooooooooo good!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:
LilacPhoenix (03-07-2012), ncsweetpea (03-08-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #232
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

I do mine in the oven with one of the Reynolds bags. We've been eating turkeys a lot lately because they're cheap. The boys are eating a TON and we eat lowish carb so meat keeps them full longer...

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
Old 03-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #233
shaslove
Rose Garden

shaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond repute

We had Spinach & Lentil soup w/homemade super easy gf drop biscuits.
Mom by adoption to Lina, my 11-yr-old w/sensory issues
and, after 4 years, 2 months, and 20 days of infertility,
birth mom to 2-yr-old Baby Bird
We are a DF, GF, dye-free Jesus loving family!
PM me for help or encouragement with infertility issues.

shaslove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shaslove For This Useful Post:
KLin (03-08-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #234
bliss
Rose Garden

NEUROSPICY!

bliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond repute

A piece of veggie jerky . I was at choir, I have no idea what my husband fed the children .
Old 03-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #235
Stacy
Rose Bouquet

:)

Stacy is a splendid one to beholdStacy is a splendid one to beholdStacy is a splendid one to beholdStacy is a splendid one to beholdStacy is a splendid one to beholdStacy is a splendid one to beholdStacy is a splendid one to beholdStacy is a splendid one to behold

Yum. I just had leftovers from last night for breakfast! Sheperd's Pie. I'd never made it before but I used the allrecipes.com dinner spinner app on my phone and it popped up. Decided to try it, and yum!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #236
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niphredil View Post
M's family does it this way. I always thought it was weird, but I got used to it.
Made the hamburger stroganoff with rice last night and it was delicious!
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #237
BabyMonsterMommy

We generally get groceries at 2 different stores, I got almost everything off the list at one store during the day and hubs was going to go to the other store in the evening. Apparently I didn't cross "Italian beef" off the list even though I bought 1lb of deli meat and rolls from the bakery. Hubs came home with 2 3lb frozen tubs of it and a bag of French rolls from the other store bc it was on sale.

So... Italian beef sandwiches tonight... Peppers, provolone, oven fries, carrot slaw with raisins.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #238
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

Tonite will be Little Caesar's Hot and Ready's for Dh and the kids. It's ds' b-day today and he requested it.

Not sure what I will be eating, as the last time I "cheated" with the Little Caesar's, the neuro symptoms were bad enough that I nearly drove off w/o paying for gas the day after.

I am making a GF Chocolate cake for ds though(so I can have some). Shhh--don't tell him--he just wanted chocolate so I don't think he will notice!
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #239
Macky
Deactivated

And Italian beef tomorrow... and the next day... and the day after that...

Oh, that's sooo happened to us!
The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #240
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady TS View Post
Tonite will be Little Caesar's Hot and Ready's for Dh and the kids. It's ds' b-day today and he requested it.

Not sure what I will be eating, as the last time I "cheated" with the Little Caesar's, the neuro symptoms were bad enough that I nearly drove off w/o paying for gas the day after.

I am making a GF Chocolate cake for ds though(so I can have some). Shhh--don't tell him--he just wanted chocolate so I don't think he will notice!
Is it a boxed mix or homemade? Either way, let me know how to get it. I'm craving black forest cake again

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes