Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #106
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Household notebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codi View Post
So I was inspired by the framed daily to do list here: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/...ning-days.html
What I really liked about that site was the space she created to journal about her day and her dc's lives. I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate a section of my binder to journaling, but haven't quite decided how I'm going to do it. I think I want it near the calendar section so that I can record "firsts" for each child on the date they happened, but I want more room than a standard calendar too.

Any suggestions?

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #107
abh5e8
Deactivated

abh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all the ideas mamas! i made a home notebook last year but its now just holding a bunch of clutter...it totally needs a clean out. i think i am going to also do a personal journal...aholyexperience also blogs about it.

ok...time to get up off my duff and go work on it!!
abh5e8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #108
Forsynthianicki
Climbing Rose

Forsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
thanks for all the ideas mamas! i made a home notebook last year but its now just holding a bunch of clutter...it totally needs a clean out. i think i am going to also do a personal journal...aholyexperience also blogs about it.

ok...time to get up off my duff and go work on it!!
I so understand. As I have been working on mine the last few days I realized that I had three binders (thier contents spanning several year(s) not in chronological order) in various stages of clutter and decomposition. I pulled out what I needed from each and put them back on the book shelf . One more thing on the master to do list....filter through papers and purge old homekeeping journals. It is so much more fun to ignore the old junk and just make a new one.
Mom to:
J Bug dd, born at 21 weeks (2003) from our arms to God's
J Bean ds, "boundless energy" (2006)
Forsynthianicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #109
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceMama View Post
What I really liked about that site was the space she created to journal about her day and her dc's lives. I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate a section of my binder to journaling, but haven't quite decided how I'm going to do it. I think I want it near the calendar section so that I can record "firsts" for each child on the date they happened, but I want more room than a standard calendar too.

Any suggestions?
Hmmm...I think until I find a journal I love and want to use, I am going to have a section in my binder with notebook paper and just date it. Maybe you could make a tiny note on your calendar and then write more on a piece of notebook paper with a date? Or in a journal with a date? Kind of like a quick reference page full calendar in the front with the details in the actual pages.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Codi For This Useful Post:
TraceMama (01-07-2010)
Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #110
IslandMama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinMama View Post
Anita, what a great idea for the kids' info. My dh could use it in his phone. Today he had to fill out some info and called me to verify birth dates.
Yep...my dh can't remember our address, let alone 5 kids birthdays or medications!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #111
Codi
Rose Garden

Here is the binder and dividers I got last night at Target. Im going to cover that ugly label area on the front with a pretty, self made label that says, "Homekeeping" or something.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Codi For This Useful Post:
LadybugSam (01-07-2010), TraceMama (01-07-2010)
Old 01-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #112
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea, Codi! I almost got that binder, but didn't because of that label spot. I also almost got those dividers, but got the plastic ones instead because they had 8/pk and pockets.

Can't wait to see yours finished!!
TrinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrinMama For This Useful Post:
Codi (01-07-2010)
Old 01-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #113
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

one thing i had trouble with was finding dividers that would be bigger than my sheets while in sheet protectors.

also i posted my child medical info sheet that i keep in my binder at all times, in case any of you wanted help with a format: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...d.php?t=340162
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LadybugSam For This Useful Post:
Codi (01-07-2010)
Old 01-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #114
Codi
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinMama View Post
Great idea, Codi! I almost got that binder, but didn't because of that label spot. I also almost got those dividers, but got the plastic ones instead because they had 8/pk and pockets.

Can't wait to see yours finished!!
And I almost got the binder YOU got because of that label!! But didn't wanna bite your style! I really like this one except that darn label!

And I really like the coordinating dividers. There are like 12 of them or so, the only down side was no pockets and I REALLY wanted pockets, but dh said, "Cant you just use a page protector?" So I decided to do that. I was not positive how many dividers I would need either, so I wanted to get a lot.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Old 01-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #115
Tuesdayschild
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Have I forgotten anyone?

Tuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond repute

Subbing; I kind of do most of this on a wall in my kitchen, but a binder really appeals...
Tuesdayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #116
Forsynthianicki
Climbing Rose

Forsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugSam View Post
one thing i had trouble with was finding dividers that would be bigger than my sheets while in sheet protectors.
My page dividers are not any larger than my printed sheets. In fact I just used some cardstock I already had and put tabs on them. It did bother me that the pages I put in sheet protectors were so much wider than the dividers.
Mom to:
The Following User Says Thank You to Forsynthianicki For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #117
Mama Calidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsynthianicki View Post
My page dividers are not any larger than my printed sheets. In fact I just used some cardstock I already had and put tabs on them. It did bother me that the pages I put in sheet protectors were so much wider than the dividers.
This is why none of my pages are in sheet protectors.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #118
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is done I wasn't able to find a new binder but i got everything printed and i found some dividers that stick out past my page protectors
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadybugSam For This Useful Post:
TrinMama (01-08-2010)
Old 01-08-2010, 05:36 AM   #119
Naxi
Rose Bouquet

Naxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the rough

Not sure about in the US , but here "Marbig" do extra wide dividers to be used with sheet protectors

I don't know how to share photos... will work on that.

My folder is basic - I decided to start using it and working on it as I go but
  1. I did buy Motivated Moms. It isn't perfect but it is something for me to work with each day, right now. (I actually have lists of weekly jobs for the bathroom and the kitchen printed up tiny and laminated and stuck in a discrete spot on the walls in those rooms.)
  2. I have made a "moving folder" for my BF who is trying to find a new home before the end of the month, with two small kiddies and a big belly and a DH OS on a missionary trip to Thailand... I have taken photos of that one.
I have also discovered that floor care really, really is my weakness. Well, my weakest weakness anyway!

Wife to my darling, since 2003;
and
Homeschooling Mumma to Possum (2006), Bandicoot (2008) and Sugar-Glider (Little Princess 2010)

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule." Matthew 5:2 TMV
Naxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #120
Forsynthianicki
Climbing Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Calidad View Post
This is why none of my pages are in sheet protectors.
I took mine out too , it just bugged me!

Ladybug Sam, I'm bummed....I couldn't see yours. Must not have something configured right in my settings.

just tried to post my pics..hoping it works
Mom to: