Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Dessert *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 12-06-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
FaroeIslandBabes

Default I need fudge recipes!! :)

I didnt see anything on fudge in the dessert forum. Does anyone have any OUTSTANDING fudge recipes?
I plan on making different types of fudge to gift to the ladies in my prayer group. Im so excited & I need some really good ones! Unique & even odd recipes welcome!
umm...as well as oldies but goodies! lol
Old 12-06-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
swimming with sharks
Rose Garden

swimming with sharks has a reputation beyond reputeswimming with sharks has a reputation beyond reputeswimming with sharks has a reputation beyond reputeswimming with sharks has a reputation beyond reputeswimming with sharks has a reputation beyond reputeswimming with sharks has a reputation beyond reputeswimming with sharks has a reputation beyond reputeswimming with sharks has a reputation beyond reputeswimming with sharks has a reputation beyond reputeswimming with sharks has a reputation beyond reputeswimming with sharks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need fudge recipes!! :)

CHOCOLATE FUDGE

1 lb. semisweet chocolate morsels
1 can Borden's condensed milk
Walnuts

In a double boiler, melt milk chocolate, take off and add 1 can of condensed milk. Mix together then add walnuts. Pour into battered pan (small). Let harden and cut. Very fast and very good fudge. Anyone can make it!

This is what I use and it's easy and yummy, but really how could you not LOVE something that was a bag of melted chocolate chips...
'Dragonfly' 6 yo ds
the new kid is 3.5 yo ds
always remembering the one I didn't get to hold

Mary has been healed by the blood of the lamb

swimming with sharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #3
MomtoJGJ
Deactivated

MomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond repute

We use that recipe without the nuts (and with store brand condensed milk )

I also put other things in there too... like peanut butter, or do half and half with different kinds of chips (instead of all semisweet)
MomtoJGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #4
FaroeIslandBabes

wow! that sounds super easy! so thats the base ingredients and then you can add anything to it? marshmellows, caramel, Baileys?
Thanks ladies? anyone else??
Old 12-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
Niphredil
Deactivated

Niff-er-doodle!

Niphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is super simple, but not quite as simple as the one above.

1 ½ packages chocolate chips
2 sticks margarine, cut into chunks
½-3/4 c. nuts (optional)
Cook in heavy pan:
4 ½ c. sugar
1 can Milnot
Bring to a boil, then cook exactly 8 minutes (continue boiling), stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add:
1 t. vanilla

I like it with peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips. I've done a lot of varieties and layerings. Tasty. I've never actually added the nuts or anything else though.
Niphredil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
AlishaRose
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

AlishaRose has a reputation beyond reputeAlishaRose has a reputation beyond reputeAlishaRose has a reputation beyond reputeAlishaRose has a reputation beyond reputeAlishaRose has a reputation beyond reputeAlishaRose has a reputation beyond reputeAlishaRose has a reputation beyond reputeAlishaRose has a reputation beyond reputeAlishaRose has a reputation beyond reputeAlishaRose has a reputation beyond reputeAlishaRose has a reputation beyond repute

my recipe is really easy and fairly cheap since it doesn't use any tins of anything

300ml milk
350g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Place milk, butter and sugar in a heavy based saucepan, heat slowly until the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted. Boil for about 20 minutes, stirring all the time.

When the mixture reaches 115 degrees C, remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla or whatever else you want and leave for 5 minutes.

You then want to beat the mixture with a wooden spoon for a good time until it goes all grainy, thick and the shine disappears.

Pour it into a greased tin and leave to set at RT

Yummy!

Mummy to ds1 (age 14) and dd (age 11) and ds2 (age 8)

'Every blessing you pour out I'll turn back to praise'

AlishaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
FaroeIslandBabes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niphredil
Mine is super simple, but not quite as simple as the one above.

1 ½ packages chocolate chips
2 sticks margarine, cut into chunks
½-3/4 c. nuts (optional)
Cook in heavy pan:
4 ½ c. sugar
1 can Milnot
Bring to a boil, then cook exactly 8 minutes (continue boiling), stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add:
1 t. vanilla

I like it with peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips. I've done a lot of varieties and layerings. Tasty. I've never actually added the nuts or anything else though.
whats Milnot?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
Niphredil
Deactivated

Niff-er-doodle!

Niphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond repute

My southern Missouri mom's way of saying evaporated milk. Ooops. I think it is/was a brand?
Niphredil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #9
FaroeIslandBabes

oh ok! haha...thanks for clarifying
Old 12-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #10
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

I like this one for giving as gifts because it hold up well out of the fridge. It make a big batch, at least 2 gift's worth I'd say. It's an old family recipe, not sure where it came from originally.

Five Pound Fudge

4 1/2 C sugar
1/3 c margarine
Large Can Evaporated Milk
Pinch of salt

Combine the above in a heavy pan on medium high heat. Stir constantly until it reaches a full rolling boil. Then, turn heat down and continue stirring for six minutes. Remove from heat and add:

1 12 oz package chocolate chips
10 1/2 ox bag miniature marshmallows

Continue stirring until the fudge quits snapping and loses it's gloss (about 10 minutes). (This is a great job to have a DH help with.) Pour into buttered 9x13 pan (or tins of your choice). Let fully set before cutting. Best if kept refrigerated (set out for a little while for easier cutting).

Note: the trick to not getting grainy fudge is to not scrape the sides of the pan while doing all of this stirring.

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #11
pastelsummer
Rose Garden

I am where I am only by the Grace of GOD

pastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond repute

"Bubba" 3/09
"Princess" 9/11
read about *some content may be sensitive*
my life
My Poetry
I am not the princess in the tower, I have slayed my own dragons. I am the queen of my country leading the way.
If you want me you need to walk beside me not in front of me or behind me.
pastelsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #12
Blue Savannah
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Blue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Savannah has a reputation beyond repute

subbing. . . I will post my mom's recipe tomorrow. . . when I'm not too lazy to get up and look for it.
Blue Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #13
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

I made a good raw fudge the other day

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #14
ReedleBeetle
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Hangin' on for dear life!

ReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have an outstanding one for Peanut Butter fudge?

Single Momma to LegoCraft May 2005
ReedleBeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:55 AM   #15
cindergretta
Deactivated

My miracle blessing who brings tears to my eyes!

cindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananacake
I made a good raw fudge the other day
Heeeellllllooooo! Where's the recipe?????
cindergretta is offline   Reply With Quote