Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Federal Mandatory Vaccines being discussed

Has anyone been following about the mandatory vaccines being discussed?
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:41 AM   #2
ThreeKids
Rose Garden

ThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federal Mandatory Vaccines being discussed

Trying to. I haven't seen that much about it.

And my kids were going to behave perfectly all the time and if they didn't, they'd be Dobsoned, but I was going to Dobson so perfectly that they'd know not to slip up but once or twice because I was going to be sooooooo consistent and awesome and wise.
ThreeKids is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThreeKids For This Useful Post:
gerberadaisy (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I wrote to my representatives. I also contacted my representatives in state government to alert them, just so it's on their radar. My state leans libertarian and the push back would be huge, even from within the medical community and local governments.

There's a site that will format a form letter for you and all you have to do is mail it. I didn't like the letter, personally, so I edited it heavily (the site gives you the chance to do that, too). I thought the form letter clouded the issue by asking why there hasn't been a federal inquiry into the "autism epidemic." They are separate issues. Informed consent and "keep your laws off my body" are completely separate from a federal inquiry into the rising rates of autism diagnosis.

I'll be back later with a link.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
BestLaidPlans (03-09-2019), everybody's mother (03-12-2019), gerberadaisy (03-09-2019), Quiteria (03-09-2019), simplegirl (03-12-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #4
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Yes, I wrote to my representatives. I also contacted my representatives in state government to alert them, just so it's on their radar. My state leans libertarian and the push back would be huge, even from within the medical community and local governments.

There's a site that will format a form letter for you and all you have to do is mail it. I didn't like the letter, personally, so I edited it heavily (the site gives you the chance to do that, too). I thought the form letter clouded the issue by asking why there hasn't been a federal inquiry into the "autism epidemic." They are separate issues. Informed consent and "keep your laws off my body" are completely separate from a federal inquiry into the rising rates of autism diagnosis.

I'll be back later with a link.
Could you link the form letter site here? or tell me what to look for? That's what I'm having a hard time doing, finding the right words. I'm good at taking something & tweaking....just can't seem to come up with it from the get go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerberadaisy For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (03-12-2019), twoplustwo (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 04:00 PM   #5
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished Ending the Autism Epidemic. Wow. Both issues are important.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Autism-Ep.../dp/1603588248

Here is a link to the resolution which could pave the way for a federal bill.

https://schiff.house.gov/news/press-..._6NvGzU6CNtzyM

And a response here:

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/n...orship-debate/
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #6
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I am following along. On the one hand, I am shocked. I mean, I am gobsmacked that this is even being discussed! It's completely unconstitutional!

And then on the other hand, I'm like, yeah, they are doing this all right. Follow all of the big, big money.

It's all so horrifying.

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (03-12-2019), simplegirl (03-12-2019), Virginia (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 12:13 PM   #7
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who is fully vaxed and whose kid is fully vaxed... it is absolutely terrifying that the government wants to take away the power of choice from parents and adults and caregivers It is a HUGE overreach, it is unconstitutional, and it is scary.

One of my friends who is a nurse and student midwife sent me a really great document with TONS of vaccine studies. I need to sift through it.
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (03-11-2019), everybody's mother (03-12-2019), graciousmomma (03-10-2019), KarenBoo (03-10-2019), rosesnsnails (03-12-2019), simplegirl (03-12-2019), Soliloquy (03-11-2019), squiddles (03-12-2019), TraceMama (03-11-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #8
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
As someone who is fully vaxed and whose kid is fully vaxed... it is absolutely terrifying that the government wants to take away the power of choice from parents and adults and caregivers It is a HUGE overreach, it is unconstitutional, and it is scary.

One of my friends who is a nurse and student midwife sent me a really great document with TONS of vaccine studies. I need to sift through it.
Now I'm super curious if you had the HPV shot to be "fully vaxxed" even though you were practicing abstinence! (I think) No need to answer! But it's now part of being "fully vaxxed."
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (03-12-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 10:00 AM   #9
ECingMama
Rose Garden

I am super tired of the lie that it’s not about money.

https://www.who.int/influenza_vaccin...QjQnSDgtkSwoDw

“Molecular genetics sets the scene for a bright future for vaccinology, including the development of new vaccine delivery systems (e.g. DNA vaccines, viral vectors, plant vaccines and topical formulations), new adjuvants, the development of more effective tuberculosis vaccines, and vaccines against cytomegalovirus (CMV), herpes simplex virus (HSV), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), staphylococcal disease, streptococcal disease, pandemic influenza, shigella, HIV and schistosomiasis among others. Therapeutic vaccines may also soon be available for allergies, autoimmune diseases and addictions.“

http://www.immune.org.nz/vaccines/va...ry-vaccination
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 09:56 PM   #10
Virginia
Rose Garden

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECingMama View Post
Now I'm super curious if you had the HPV shot to be "fully vaxxed" even though you were practicing abstinence! (I think) No need to answer! But it's now part of being "fully vaxxed."
I didn't have that one-- it was still pretty new when I was in high school, and I distinctly remember my mom refusing it because it was so new I'm not sure what she would've chosen for me nowadays (now that it's not experimental anymore)

Also, not sure if we plan on getting that one for DD But she has every vaccine that has been recommended, on the CDC schedule (minus us delaying her Hep B at birth)
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

The Following User Says Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019, 07:05 AM   #11
simplegirl
Rose Garden

She's a good girl, loves her Mama, loves Jesus, and Kentucky too

simplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia View Post

Do you remember the name? I watched a fantastic series a couple years ago and actually bought the PDFs of transcripts because I wanted the information at my fingertips.
simplegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simplegirl For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (03-16-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #12
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I think what frustrated and even really just infuriates me is that we have the highest Infant Mortality Rate and yet they are wanting to mandate this unsafe schedule. Studies have shown the number of vaccines in infancy greatly increases the death rates.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170075/
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.

Last edited by ValiantJoy07; 03-12-2019 at 11:10 AM.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
gerberadaisy (03-12-2019), Pragmatist (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #13
Virginia
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplegirl View Post
Do you remember the name? I watched a fantastic series a couple years ago and actually bought the PDFs of transcripts because I wanted the information at my fingertips.
I have the document-- I should be able to email it to you, if you want to PM me an email address.
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Old 03-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #14
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

Thanks all. I need to keep a better eye on this, especially if a bill is presented.