Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #61
Mamaka
Deactivated

Mamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEW Pearl Statement. Gag.

My children will be the police officers, lawyers, child advocates and judges that have to arrest and prosecute your children and grandchildren for the abuse they have wrought on future generations. And they won't be laughing; they'll be crying at the pain and destruction your child disciplining methods have caused.
Mamaka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Mamaka For This Useful Post:
arymanth (03-03-2010), brandi (03-03-2010), canadiyank (03-03-2010), Cherish (03-03-2010), DoulaClara (03-03-2010), Grower08 (03-04-2010), Helly (03-04-2010), klpmommy (03-03-2010), lmgeenw (03-03-2010), Maggie (03-03-2010), MaybeGracie (03-03-2010), Mokek Kwe (03-03-2010), mom2boys (03-03-2010), momyshaver (03-03-2010), mountainash (03-03-2010), NewLeaf (03-03-2010), Rea T (03-03-2010), StrangeTraveller (03-03-2010), sweetpeasmommy (03-03-2010), Thankfulforgrace (03-03-2010), Treenahurricane (03-06-2010), TuneMyHeart (03-03-2010)
Old 03-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #62
Joyful Mommy
Climbing Rose

Joyful Mommy is just really niceJoyful Mommy is just really niceJoyful Mommy is just really niceJoyful Mommy is just really niceJoyful Mommy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaka View Post

My children will be the police officers, lawyers, child advocates and judges that have to arrest and prosecute your children and grandchildren for the abuse they have wrought on future generations. And they won't be laughing; they'll be crying at the pain and destruction your child disciplining methods have caused.
A [12.14.06]
N [10.24.08]
Shalom born to heaven [02.01.13]
Surprise baby due this August

Joyful Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joyful Mommy For This Useful Post:
momyshaver (03-03-2010)
Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #63
momyshaver
Rose Trellis

Grace is for mamas too!

momyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
I really love the implication that the only successful people in society are ones that were beaten as a child. You know what would happen if you asked any pediatrician or therapist if being beaten with plumbing supply line as a children is how they got where they are today?
These types of statements and inferences from the Pearls are part of what keep parents in fear to keep using their methods. I believe that they DO need to have some humilty and admit this... it will never happen though.
momyshaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #64
brandi
Deactivated

1 Imitate God, therefore, in everything that you do, because you are his dear children.

brandi is a glorious beacon of lightbrandi is a glorious beacon of lightbrandi is a glorious beacon of lightbrandi is a glorious beacon of lightbrandi is a glorious beacon of lightbrandi is a glorious beacon of lightbrandi is a glorious beacon of light

Micheal Pearl, I am praying for you.
brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brandi For This Useful Post:
3boysforme (03-04-2010), Sparrow (03-03-2010), StrangeTraveller (03-03-2010)
Old 03-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #65
Mama Calidad

Okay, coming back because I've figured out what is really bugging me (beyond horrid insensitivity). Much of that "laughter" is totally inappropriate.

My kids love homeschooling. I brought home new books the other day and you would have thought it was Christmas. They were thrilled. But they absolutely do NOT laugh when I announce that it's time to do this-or-that subject. It's NOT a funny statement. They may express excitement or disappointment (depending on the subject in question), but they don't laugh about it. I love to laugh, but you laugh when something is FUNNY. If my children routinely laughed when I announced it was time to do school, I would have psychological evaluations done.

I don't laugh when I discipline my children. It would be highly inappropriate. My children wouldn't dream of hitting and then laughing about it. That's a psychologically inappropriate response.

My children don't laugh when I come home from work. They run and wag around like nutso kids, but me coming home isn't funny. It's exciting. It's joyful. But it's not funny.

Don't get me wrong, we laugh A LOT. (I have quite a wit. ) Laughing like described in the statement, though, doesn't reflect a true joy, but some sort of psychological trauma.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
brandi (03-03-2010), Cherish (03-03-2010), Heather Micaela (03-04-2010), klpmommy (03-03-2010), light of mine (03-03-2010), lmgeenw (03-03-2010), Maggie (03-03-2010), MaiMama (03-03-2010), mama-hobbit (03-03-2010), Mamaka (03-03-2010), mom2boys (03-03-2010), momyshaver (03-03-2010), relizabeth (03-03-2010), righteous mama (03-03-2010), rosesnsnails (03-03-2010), SortaCrunchy (03-03-2010), Sparrow (03-03-2010), StrangeTraveller (03-03-2010), TenderLovingWillow (03-03-2010), Treenahurricane (03-06-2010), Wonder Woman (03-03-2010), Zooey (03-04-2010)
Old 03-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #66
Leslie_JJKs_mom
Rose Garden

loving my family since 1991

Leslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond repute

So people are upset that a child is dead and another is seriously hurt and he is laughing.

Mommy to our valentine sweetheart, Jessica Lynn, and March Jellybean, Kaitlyn Elizabeth. My heart is overflowing with love for my precious girls.

Wife to my best friend

Homeschooling, sometimes co sleeping mommy to a teenager and sweet little one
Leslie_JJKs_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leslie_JJKs_mom For This Useful Post:
charla (03-03-2010), Zooey (03-04-2010)
Old 03-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #67
Cherish
Rose Trellis

Words are Worlds

Cherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by momyshaver View Post
I am not calling out for a lynch mob for M. Pearl, ...
You're a better woman than I am, because I'm somewhat considering it! Maybe I'll just do what Jesus did and turn over a few book tables at the next home school conference :
wow, I should probably go have a quiet time.
Cherish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cherish For This Useful Post:
cornflower (03-03-2010), momyshaver (03-03-2010), SortaCrunchy (03-03-2010), Sparrow (03-03-2010), Zooey (03-04-2010)
Old 03-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #68
hey mommy
Rose Garden

I am so hopelessly in love..

hey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep.. Isn't laughter(and making jokes) sometimes a coping mechanism for people? For some it's either laugh or cry. Laugh or have a nervous break-down.

Janice (ISFP), single-mommy to Cias(11) Samuel( 4) and 2 babies in heaven

Scully: You know, there is life on this planet.
Mulder: I've seen the life on this planet, Scully, that's why I'm looking elsewhere.

A

Check out my NEW facebook page.
I am now a Plexus Ambassador.
hey mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hey mommy For This Useful Post:
Maggie (03-03-2010)
Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #69
Mamaka
Deactivated

Mamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond repute

ITA, Laura. Laughter is totally inappropriate to the situation he's addressing (the death of a child) and in the situations he's describing. It comes across more that he's laughing at his critics.

The more I think about it, the more it seems he's protesting too much. He made a statement already, it would be more appropriate to stay silent and let the original statement stand - by making such inappropriate blog posts he's just stirring up more anger and emotion and making it worse for himself and his "ministry." :gag Legally, all these little jabs and arrogant "statements" could back to bite him in the butt.
Mamaka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mamaka For This Useful Post:
momyshaver (03-03-2010)
Old 03-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #70
OliveJuice
Deactivated

Lord, I want to feel with Your heart, See the world through Your eyes

OliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond repute

That is so disgusting, I am literally gagging. He is a tool of the devil
OliveJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OliveJuice For This Useful Post:
Sparrow (03-03-2010), Zooey (03-04-2010)
Old 03-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #71
Mokek Kwe
Deactivated

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

Mokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakoa View Post
OH MY GOD! Can you imagine your child SPANKING their doll?

Why do I read these things? They make me want to throw up.
I remember spanking my babydoll when I was little, probably about 3 or 4. My mom saw and asked why I hit my baby, and I said, "I didn't hit her, I spanked her." she said, "why did you spank her?" I said, "because I love her."
Mokek Kwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #72
BHope
Rose Garden

Finding the Good

BHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond reputeBHope has a reputation beyond repute

Does he have no PR working for him? Is there no filter between his thought and the publication of his blog?

DD1 (8 years old)
DD2 (6 years old)
DD3 (4.5 years old)

Eternally missing DFS3 (stored safely in our hearts) and DFS1
Praying for Little R as she transitions into a new family.
May you always know God's love and His comfort.
BHope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BHope For This Useful Post:
crunchymum (03-03-2010), katiekind (03-03-2010), NewLeaf (03-03-2010)
Old 03-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #73
ShiriChayim
Rose Garden

Rock on!!!

ShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond reputeShiriChayim has a reputation beyond repute

Laura, that is exactly what was going through my own mind when I read the "statement". He mentioned that his children laugh when he laughs, and I can just imagine the fear of a time he WASN'T joyful, because then they are being beaten
: ds15yo- the performer, ds14yo- the gamer, ds 12yo- the adventurer, and dd 10yo-the dynamo
Missing my little Malachi David and Hannah Danielle, in Jesus' arms
Check out my blog

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
*Dr Seuss*

ShiriChayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #74
momyshaver
Rose Trellis

Grace is for mamas too!

momyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaka View Post
Legally, all these little jabs and arrogant "statements" could back to bite him in the butt.
One could only hope...

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish View Post
You're a better woman than I am, because I'm somewhat considering it! Maybe I'll just do what Jesus did and turn over a few book tables at the next home school conference :
wow, I should probably go have a quiet time.
momyshaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #75
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
And does he think that all our gently parented children are going to end up on welfare or something? Because it's apparently only abused kids who will get jobs and be productive members of society.

I want to come up with some successful gently parented people. I mean Dr. Sears is AP, and four of his sons are in the medical field - part of their father's practice. I can think of tons of kids that were spanked that grew up depressed, and the emotionally ruined people he implies my children will be.

I wish people would stop confusing GBD with permissiveness.

OH, and FWIW, I was spanked and haven't become a *productive* member of society. I was in administration before I had kids, now I'm a stay at home mom.... and I'm in counseling....

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-03-2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: too add stuff
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparrow For This Useful Post:
Helly (03-04-2010), momyshaver (03-03-2010)