Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 10-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #76
TuneMyHeart
Rose Garden

Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above.

TuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My teeth are remineralizing.

E says the weleda children's toothpaste is too spicy and doesn't like it. She used it for a long time, but suddenly refused to use it.
TuneMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TuneMyHeart For This Useful Post:
SamRose (10-08-2009)
Old 10-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #77
SamRose
Rose Garden

I <3 these cuties!

SamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
Weleda products are on sale all month at Outpost. You could call and see if they have it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ugh, I called and they dont carry it
DS1-G(2/4/05) DD1-A(8/5/06)
DD2-J(6/4/08) DS2-T(3/2/11)

I use FB mostly to KIT w/ family, & friends I know IRL, so please don't be offended if I don't accept your request.
SamRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:03 AM   #78
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneMyHeart View Post
E says the weleda children's toothpaste is too spicy and doesn't like it. She used it for a long time, but suddenly refused to use it.
That is crazy My kids hate "spicy" toothpaste (anything with mint) and LOVE the weleda children's. in fact, we went through tons a few months cuz they were eating it at hygiene time

I am really hopeful this will help dd - she seems to be developing terrible stains and here teeth look somewhat clear to me now this week when I was checking her stains

She does weleda children toothpaste and cal/mag already and gargles with hydrogen peroxide so all I am going to do is hopefully switch her to the regular toothpaste and add in some xylitol

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

I just re-read this whole thread and someone said something about h2o2 causing receding. I want to clarify. I use h2o2 not every day. . . I used it every day for a long time until my gum disease was gone. now i use it once in a while I think I used it maybe 2 times this week

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:48 AM   #79
SamRose
Rose Garden

I <3 these cuties!

SamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond repute

I found the Weleda Children's Gel on sale! I tried it first and said "Mmm, this tastes like...Christmas candy!" and they totally bought it, lol. The youngest kinda did a double take thing w/ the toothbrush, but she kept brushing. The Tom's flouride free was also on sale, and I bought it again, as back up in case the Weleda didnt go over (and cuz it's cheaper ). But I should be able to exchange it.

I use FB mostly to KIT w/ family, & friends I know IRL, so please don't be offended if I don't accept your request.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #80
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

. Where was it on sale?

SonshineMama--is she taking a trace mineral supplement? I know she can't eat cheese but if you can find another food that has bioavailable calcium, magnesium, AND phosphorous that should really help. I can loan you my book, too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #81
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SonshineMama--is she taking a trace mineral supplement? I know she can't eat cheese but if you can find another food that has bioavailable calcium, magnesium, AND phosphorous that should really help. I can loan you my book, too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Okay, now you have me

She talks Schiff Cal/Mag with Vit D. I am not sure if it is bioavailable I thought Vitamin D (quoting off the bottle ) :regulates the absorption of calcium and phosphorus and helps form tooth and bone. SO I thought I had the phosphorous covered

I would like to read your book. We are still doing a lot of EFA's and she doesn't drink soda except once in a while

I don't know if this is on topic but she also has terrible staining. About 3 months after going to the dentist the SAME stains start every cycle. I take her in, they clean them off, tell me they are stains and give me more grainy toothpaste. . . which I don't use And then repeat -- by 6 months the stains are returning. . . this cycle, I didn't take her in. Just assuming it is stains and dealing with it at home

ALthough just typing this, I wonder if I should sprinkle her toothpaste with salt/baking soda to get the graininess to remove the staining I wonder if she'd tolerate that.

One way or another, I am going to try to move her to the adult weleda toothpaste le

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
Old 10-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #82
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Cal/mag is good, I was thinking more of the trace minerals, the ones you need in really tiny amounts. Bioavailable phosphorous is kinda hardd to get from food--some grains have it but it's in the form of phytic acid, which you know we can't absorb. I researched it awhile back but I can't remember what foods have it. I'll dig out my book.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #83
SamRose
Rose Garden

I <3 these cuties!

Quote:
. Where was it on sale?

Posted via Mobile Device
Outpost. They said they didnt carry it when I called, but they had it when I went.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #84
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Cal/mag is good, I was thinking more of the trace minerals, the ones you need in really tiny amounts. Bioavailable phosphorous is kinda hardd to get from food--some grains have it but it's in the form of phytic acid, which you know we can't absorb. I researched it awhile back but I can't remember what foods have it. I'll dig out my book.
Posted via Mobile Device
Just re-read your post and I see you said "food" to get trace

I will look forward to reading the book. . . with our limited diet I don't want to see her health declining

Old 10-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #85
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I did mean food or supplement--can't remember what I actually wrote. . Food-wise I think sea vegetables are the best source of trace minerals. I add dulse flakes to soup and kombu to beans.

I know you guys eat a ton of veggies--but it's not always easy to get a 3 yo to go heavy on veggies and light on fruits. Simon seems to go in spurts w/ veggies.

Btw, apples are an excellent source of boron! But I've also seen apples connected to tooth decay . . . I think the juice is more of a problem, tho.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #86
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
I did mean food or supplement--can't remember what I actually wrote. . Food-wise I think sea vegetables are the best source of trace minerals. I add dulse flakes to soup and kombu to beans.

I know you guys eat a ton of veggies--but it's not always easy to get a 3 yo to go heavy on veggies and light on fruits. Simon seems to go in spurts w/ veggies.

Btw, apples are an excellent source of boron! But I've also seen apples connected to tooth decay . . . I think the juice is more of a problem, tho.
Posted via Mobile Device
I do kombu in beans too . . . it reduces gas I haven't use dulse yet I wonder if I have some lurking around here One time, I bought a pack of every type of sea veggies at Outpost and some of those I haven't touched

Actually, it's Alyssa who seems to be developing teeth problems - so far, she's been our only cavity free child but she has constant staining and I am worried about one tooth now. I am not sure if I should take her in but it looks like it is starting to get clear

She isn't my overboard on fruit girl although we are eating tons of fruit now that we are almost grain free. But by tons, I think Alyssa only eats 3 pieces a day compared to 4 or 5 veggies

Old 10-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #87
julbug
Climbing Rose

julbug has much to be proud ofjulbug has much to be proud ofjulbug has much to be proud ofjulbug has much to be proud ofjulbug has much to be proud ofjulbug has much to be proud ofjulbug has much to be proud ofjulbug has much to be proud ofjulbug has much to be proud ofjulbug has much to be proud ofjulbug has much to be proud of

I was looking at the Weleda calendula toothpaste on Amazon and one of the reviews said it tastes like licorice. I can't stand licorice, does it really taste like that? Are the other flavors good?

wife to an amazing man

happy mama to

10 yo DS "When can we fight bad guys on an island?"

8 yo DS "I just love being human!"

2 yo DS, born in water, into mama's hands

BFF and SIL to happyhippimama
julbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #88
simplegirl
Rose Garden

She's a good girl, loves her Mama, loves Jesus, and Kentucky too

simplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond repute

So my 2yo has decay on two of his front side teeth. Can I sprinkle xylitol over his toothpaste? And I should get him the Weleda's *children's* toothpaste? Would he by any chance get cal/mag supplementation through my breastmilk? I'm worried about his teeth...we were referred to a pediatric dentist, the thought of sedation for him frightens me and besides, he won't be covered under dental insurance until January.
Coleman 2007
Josie 2018
simplegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #89
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

You know how we say, "It works both ways!"

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't play around with active decay. That needs a dentist ASAP. But you can prevent new decay, and make the whole mouth healthier.

The Calendula toothpaste tastes nothing like licorice to me, and I'm another licorice hater.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #90
ReedleBeetle
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Hangin' on for dear life!

ReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplegirl View Post
So my 2yo has decay on two of his front side teeth. Can I sprinkle xylitol over his toothpaste? And I should get him the Weleda's *children's* toothpaste? Would he by any chance get cal/mag supplementation through my breastmilk? I'm worried about his teeth...we were referred to a pediatric dentist, the thought of sedation for him frightens me and besides, he won't be covered under dental insurance until January.

If you go to the Dr. Ellie site, she talks about ways to heal already active decay. I am getting ready to start her program on everyone in our house.

Single Momma to LegoCraft May 2005
ReedleBeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ReedleBeetle For This Useful Post:
simplegirl (10-23-2009)