Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #76
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diatomacious Earth ( DE ) thread :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynaminbear View Post
I thought they said lighter was better.
Yeah, it was darker than I'd hoped and the ingredient list said calcuim bentonite was in it, and belaruska checked online that it's clay.
Yes, we had a small gcm meet to distribute d.e.
I totally read that wrong..... Wolfsranch said that the darker the powder the more clay..I was taking that to mean darker was better.. but maybe not...

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #77
SilverMoon
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong. — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SilverMoon has disabled reputation

I'm hoping the clay mixed in means I won't have to add it myself.

"Trust is rebuilt by focusing not on what the other person did or did not do but on critiquing one's own behavior, improving one's trustworthiness, and focusing attention not on words and promises but on actions, attitudes, and ways of being."
— Kenneth Cloke and Joan Goldsmith
The Art of Waking People Up

for the many, many wise voices we've lost

SilverMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #78
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

i have not tried the new batch yet, but i will tonight
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #79
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

speak softly and carry a big coffee

crunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynaminbear View Post
I'm hoping the clay mixed in means I won't have to add it myself.
are you supposed to add it normally?

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

"i did not want my children to love me because i had been an adequate mother, because i would never be one, this i already knew. i wanted my children to love me for the same reason i want my children themselves to be loved: because we are all irreducible, irreplaceable." -gina bria
crunchymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #80
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

no, but if you have got to take both, it's kinda nice to eat you dirt all at once
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:43 PM   #81
curlymopmom
Deactivated

curlymopmom has a reputation beyond reputecurlymopmom has a reputation beyond reputecurlymopmom has a reputation beyond reputecurlymopmom has a reputation beyond reputecurlymopmom has a reputation beyond reputecurlymopmom has a reputation beyond reputecurlymopmom has a reputation beyond reputecurlymopmom has a reputation beyond reputecurlymopmom has a reputation beyond reputecurlymopmom has a reputation beyond reputecurlymopmom has a reputation beyond repute

OK. I'm confused. What should I start with? A teaspoon a day?
curlymopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #82
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

sorry, this *is* a bit of a rambly thread.

So, DE is not absorbed, with exception of, perhaps, tiny amounts of trace minerals,which we will ignore for now

Therefore, you are mostly trying to take in enough DE to form a cleaning bit to pass through your system. It not dissimilar to taking fiber.

So, for an adult, 2 TBSP is recommended. You can start with one TBSP, but personally, i do not feel this is something you need to work up to. Some prefer to take it with three meals a day, one TBSP at a time. I'm sure that's fine also.

My fav. way so far is two TBSP sometime after dinner (or whatever is my last meal of the day second, third dinner? snack? )

I do feel it's important to drink about 10 oz of water after taking it (and by this i DO NOT mean mixing it into 10 oz, that's just gross)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
curlymopmom (04-19-2010), FlyingBlueKiwi (12-31-2012), gdzprncess (06-11-2011), tempus vernum (06-07-2010)
Old 04-20-2010, 06:16 AM   #83
Raspberries

I have a bit of a silly paranoid question. Does the non-food grade DE look different than the food grade? I'm afraid for some reason that I'll mistakenly get the non-food grade. As in the company will mess up and send me the other kind. I ordered from earthworks. Do they only deal in food grade? How would I know the difference?
Old 04-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #84
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen non food grade DE so idk how it looks, just don't get your DE at the pool supply store. Earthworks only has food grade, so you will be fine.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #85
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

I got mine from earthworks too... I think they only have food grade..but not sure. I need to dig mine out and figure out how to take it..

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
The Following User Says Thank You to cobluegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #86
homesteadmama
Rose Trellis

homesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond repute

Mine says food grade on the package.

Sarah, INFJ
Wife to M since 1/04
Mommy to S (1/07), W (1/09), S (1/11)~My UC baby, and A (12/14), Another UC baby
, Baby-Wearing, , Cloth Diapering, , Traditional Foods Family
My blog
homesteadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #87
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

ok..so today was day 2... TBS. I haven't really noticed much. When should I notice things?

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 04-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #88
Serafine
Deactivated

Serafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond repute

So, I bought a 50 lb. bag last night.

I went ahead and bought the big bag, b/c I am going to use it on our animals (2 big dogs and 3 cats) externally and internally, as well as in the cat litter, etc. I figured with the whole family AND the animals taking it...may as well go big.
Serafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #89
homesteadmama
Rose Trellis

homesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterwife View Post
So, I bought a 50 lb. bag last night.

I went ahead and bought the big bag, b/c I am going to use it on our animals (2 big dogs and 3 cats) externally and internally, as well as in the cat litter, etc. I figured with the whole family AND the animals taking it...may as well go big.

Sarah, INFJ
Wife to M since 1/04
Mommy to S (1/07), W (1/09), S (1/11)~My UC baby, and A (12/14), Another UC baby
, Baby-Wearing, , Cloth Diapering, , Traditional Foods Family
My blog
homesteadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homesteadmama For This Useful Post:
Serafine (04-24-2010)
Old 04-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #90
SilverMoon
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong. — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SilverMoon has disabled reputation

Ooh, how does that work in the cat litter? I assume you mix it in, but does it cause a problem for the clumping litter? And what does it do there?

"Trust is rebuilt by focusing not on what the other person did or did not do but on critiquing one's own behavior, improving one's trustworthiness, and focusing attention not on words and promises but on actions, attitudes, and ways of being."
— Kenneth Cloke and Joan Goldsmith
The Art of Waking People Up

for the many, many wise voices we've lost

SilverMoon is offline   Reply With Quote