Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
bliss
Rose Garden

NEUROSPICY!

bliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gangbangers and Gluesticks

I had a facinating conversation this weekend, that I thought might interest y'all.
Unfortunately, we live down the street from a gang hangout. Saturday, I was playing in the front yard with Turkey, and a group of guys were having a loud discussion in front of the gang house. I was tuning them out for the most part, when I heard the phrase, "gluestick trick". Well, for the millionth time in my life, curiosity killed the cat, and I boxed up my courage and walked across the street. "Hi!" says the little white housewife. "Hey!" say the thugs. "Hey, can I ask you guys a question?" "Um, sure?" "I heard you talking about a 'gluestick trick' - what do you mean by that?" They all look at each other, hem and haw a little, then one says, "Well, you wanna *mess* somebody up pretty bad, you hit them with your fist, they go to the cops, they're all bruised up, right? You take a gluestick, like for a glue gun, you use that, it *messes* your boy up right, but there's not a mark on them! It's like magic or something, they don't leave a single bruise, but it hurts like a [non-repeatable] and it can tear into the muscle and *stuff*." Another guy at this point asks me why I want to know, "Your man getting rough on you or something?" and laughs - I said no, I knew of people that spanked their kids with them, and that whole group of nine or ten hard-core tattooed thugs who had been laughing and talking while this was going on, went dead silent. I got a whole round of these: and finally one said, "If my baby's mama ever took a glue stick to him, she would never see him again. That is *messed* up."

Pretty interesting? Perhaps we should enlighten the "glue-stick spankers" that they are using a gang form of abuse and torture - wouldn't that be "conforming to the world"? Interesting that even these boys see something inherently wrong in hitting a child with one.
4thekids (03-05-2011), Aisling (01-18-2012), AmyDoll (03-05-2012), Annainprogress (03-06-2011), AppleSauceCookies (03-08-2011), BarefootBetsy (03-05-2011), Blue-EyedLady (03-05-2011), Can'tTurnLeft (03-10-2011), CapeTownMommy (10-13-2009), CelticJourney (03-10-2011), Chaos Coordinator (03-05-2011), Codi (03-11-2011), Cook (03-14-2011), crunchymum (01-13-2012), CrunchySeaSalt (03-05-2011), DaGreeksWife (12-18-2014), domesticzookeeper (03-05-2011), duckwithoneleg (05-14-2011), dulce de leche (03-06-2011), Eowyn (03-05-2011), Fuzzy (10-26-2021), gpsings (03-11-2011), HadassahSukkot (04-14-2012), Hannah Elise (03-05-2013), Heather Micaela (03-10-2011), homesteadmama (02-09-2012), hopeforchange (03-05-2011), Ima LeShalosh (10-17-2009), iwillhope (02-06-2013), Johns_Gal (10-14-2009), joyousTXmama (03-06-2011), Katiebug (10-19-2009), KSL (03-05-2011), Learnin'2B (10-20-2009), Lily (09-28-2012), Llee (11-12-2011), Maggirayne (03-18-2011), Mama Rophe (03-10-2011), MaryPoppinsIAin't (11-23-2013), Mokek Kwe (03-05-2011), mom2boys (11-02-2011), mommy9994 (06-22-2012), mountainash (03-05-2011), nadezhda (03-10-2011), ozmummy (09-28-2012), passthemanna (03-06-2011), princesspoet (12-09-2011), raining_kisses (03-10-2011), Redeemed (04-02-2012), Rugayatu (06-16-2012), SansSouci (11-12-2013), shaslove (01-20-2012), shirelingmum (11-17-2011), Snugglebugmom (12-21-2011), SortaCrunchy (03-09-2011), Starfox (11-12-2013), SweetCaroline (03-05-2011), sweetpeasmommy (03-05-2011), Tasmanian Saint (03-17-2011), TrinMama (03-05-2011), Virginia (04-10-2012), Whirlwind (07-02-2012)
Old 07-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Aisling
Deactivated

Even artichokes have hearts!

Aisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gangbangers and Gluesticks

Wow, bliss!! :/ I'm going to file that story away. Interesting how you can find wisdom and gentleness in the most unlikely places, isn't it?
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aisling For This Useful Post:
4thekids (03-05-2011), Codi (03-11-2011), Mokek Kwe (01-06-2012), nadezhda (03-10-2011), SansSouci (11-12-2013), squiddles (09-11-2013)
Old 07-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

wow
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
Nightingale
Deactivated

Nightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond repute

wow...just wow
Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #6
hey mommy
Rose Garden

I am so hopelessly in love..

hey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow......

Janice (ISFP), single-mommy to Cias(11) Samuel( 4) and 2 babies in heaven

Scully: You know, there is life on this planet.
Mulder: I've seen the life on this planet, Scully, that's why I'm looking elsewhere.

A

Check out my NEW facebook page.
I am now a Plexus Ambassador.
hey mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
RubySlippers
Deactivated

There's no place like home.

RubySlippers has a reputation beyond reputeRubySlippers has a reputation beyond reputeRubySlippers has a reputation beyond reputeRubySlippers has a reputation beyond reputeRubySlippers has a reputation beyond reputeRubySlippers has a reputation beyond reputeRubySlippers has a reputation beyond reputeRubySlippers has a reputation beyond reputeRubySlippers has a reputation beyond reputeRubySlippers has a reputation beyond reputeRubySlippers has a reputation beyond repute

another wow!
RubySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #8
poleidopy
Deactivated

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

poleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.
poleidopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #9
Jenny
Deactivated

Find me on Facebook!

Jenny has a reputation beyond reputeJenny has a reputation beyond reputeJenny has a reputation beyond reputeJenny has a reputation beyond reputeJenny has a reputation beyond reputeJenny has a reputation beyond reputeJenny has a reputation beyond reputeJenny has a reputation beyond reputeJenny has a reputation beyond reputeJenny has a reputation beyond reputeJenny has a reputation beyond repute

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #10
Blue Aurora
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my.... ....all those poor babies...

True obedience is a matter of love, which makes it voluntary, not compelled by fear or force. ~Dorothy Day

Blue Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:26 AM   #11
ReedleBeetle
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Hangin' on for dear life!

ReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to say something different, just for the sake of being a little different....but all i can think of is....

W.O.W

Single Momma to LegoCraft May 2005
ReedleBeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReedleBeetle For This Useful Post:
mountainash (03-05-2011), squiddles (09-11-2013), Tasmanian Saint (03-17-2011)
Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #12
Dana Joy
Deactivated

AKA "Mommy Piadosa" or on FB "PunkHippyMommy"

Dana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond repute

bliss have i ever told you that i think you are the coolest little white housewife in the world

i wonder if the thugs learned from the pearls or vice versa?

so sad!!!
Dana Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dana Joy For This Useful Post:
Can'tTurnLeft (03-10-2011), domesticzookeeper (03-05-2011), gpsings (03-11-2011), homesteadmama (02-09-2012), Llee (11-09-2013), Maggirayne (03-18-2011), Quiteria (11-09-2013), Radosny Matka (10-18-2009), SansSouci (11-12-2013), SewingGreenMama (08-27-2012), ThreeKids (03-05-2011)
Old 07-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #13
bliss
Rose Garden

NEUROSPICY!

bliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond repute

awww.....thanks
I wondered the same thing.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #14
Eowyn
Deactivated
I support GCM!

I am no man!

Eowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Piadosa
bliss have i ever told you that i think you are the coolest little white housewife in the world

And yeah---wow.
Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #15
happyhousewife
Rose Garden

Constantly striving to be a gentle mother.

happyhousewife is a name known to allhappyhousewife is a name known to allhappyhousewife is a name known to allhappyhousewife is a name known to allhappyhousewife is a name known to allhappyhousewife is a name known to allhappyhousewife is a name known to allhappyhousewife is a name known to all

wow... you are brave!! Who on earth would spank their kids with a glue stick of all things?????
Mama to
DS1- 13, DS2- 9, DS3- 6

happyhousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to happyhousewife For This Useful Post:
SewingGreenMama (06-13-2012)