Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 07-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #181
FaithfilledGranolaChick

Default Re: Bentonite Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeLady
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstump
I did facials last night on DH, my 2 older girls and myself.

Is it normal for your face to itch and slightly burn while it is on? Then be REALLY red when you take it off?

It went away on all of us within an hour and the burning stopped after we took it off but I wanted to make sure that is normal detox reaction and not an allergy.
I don't know if it's normal, but that's sort of what I experienced last night when I used it for the first time (I had itching and an extremely tight feeling). I did read that it is normal for your face to be red for a little bit after you take it off.
yes, the same thing happens to me...I don't really enjoy the face mask.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 AM   #182
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Just catching up on the conversation ...
When I was pregnant my asthma was always kicking up. I started taking clay for other things but noticed that my asthma was controlled by it also.
I was taking 1 to 2 Tbs a day of the hydrated clay from earthslivingclay.com Then if I felt bad that day I would also take a clay bath with their clay that is for external only(less expensive)
My asthma was worse in the morning so I would drink it with breaksfast. I think bed time and an empty stomach is what I have read is most effective though.
I noticed that when I took it I would get a lot of drainage from my nose/throat then everything would clear out and I would feel great and breathe so much better.
As long as I stayed away from my really big triggers I didn't need my inhaler or benadryl. Like if the dr's office forgot and put me in a room that had been used all day with latex gloves I would react. But if I had minimal contact, the clay worked. If I forgot or didn't take the clay for the weekend I would be back on the inhaler everyday even without being near my main triggers.

And with the red/tghtness with facials, from experience only some clays do that to me, the one I use now doesn't do that all.
And I wouldn't drink any clay that had an odor or taste.
Hths
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #183
FaithfilledGranolaChick

Thanks me!

I am wondering though, the clay I ordered from Earth's living clay has a strong odor? And it taste terrible. I am not using it anymore until I figure out why that is. I ordered some of the Terramin calcium montmorillonite clay, but I think it's for internal use only? It says 100% natural dietary supplement on it, it also had an odor and a strange taste.? Different than the earth living clay though. And this one is a tan color. ??

I am confused now?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #184
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Just catching up on the conversation ...
When I was pregnant my asthma was always kicking up. I started taking clay for other things but noticed that my asthma was controlled by it also.
I was taking 1 to 2 Tbs a day of the hydrated clay from earthslivingclay.com Then if I felt bad that day I would also take a clay bath with their clay that is for external only(less expensive)
My asthma was worse in the morning so I would drink it with breaksfast. I think bed time and an empty stomach is what I have read is most effective though.
I noticed that when I took it I would get a lot of drainage from my nose/throat then everything would clear out and I would feel great and breathe so much better.
As long as I stayed away from my really big triggers I didn't need my inhaler or benadryl. Like if the dr's office forgot and put me in a room that had been used all day with latex gloves I would react. But if I had minimal contact, the clay worked. If I forgot or didn't take the clay for the weekend I would be back on the inhaler everyday even without being near my main triggers.

And with the red/tghtness with facials, from experience only some clays do that to me, the one I use now doesn't do that all.
And I wouldn't drink any clay that had an odor or taste.
Hths
THANK YOU! I think I may get some at least for dh to try, if not, some for my self too!

General question to anyone out there, does the clay clog drains and such over time if you use it to bathe in and wash your face?

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #185
CakeLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithfilledGranolaChick
I am wondering though, the clay I ordered from Earth's living clay has a strong odor? And it taste terrible.
I bought from Earth's Living Clay and it has no smell and is a light green/tan color. I haven't taken any internally so I can't speak for the taste, but it had no smell what so ever.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #186
MomTo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstump
I did facials last night on DH, my 2 older girls and myself.

Is it normal for your face to itch and slightly burn while it is on? Then be REALLY red when you take it off?

It went away on all of us within an hour and the burning stopped after we took it off but I wanted to make sure that is normal detox reaction and not an allergy.
I mix mine with ACV and it turns my face a nice BRIGHT red for about 30 minutes after I take it off. I can feel the tightening and the blood really flowing. I don't have any itch though . My teen used it and sat infront of a fan and said there is no burn at all if you do that and it drys faster too.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #187
MomTo7

Ok really personal weird question here....does your normal stool change when you are taking clay?
Old 07-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #188
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

umm..I haven't tried it internally yet..but I would guess that because it detox's..then yes your stool can change.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #189
me
Rose Garden

I've ordered the same clay several times from earths..
And I just got some more. None have ever had an odor or taste. I would call Carol and ask her about it.

I know as far as bowel movements the difference is night/day with a good clay. Best thing is, it happens so gentle and naturally that it isn't like anything else. You can see the pipes being cleaned but with no side effects. And once all the yuck is out it just keeps things comfortably flowing out. We had food poisoning and I kid you not, it only lasted 30 min to an hour for the entire family to get over it! That's from when it started violently, we took clay, then it took effect.

Since I was born I always took about 3 days to go. I was always told that was normal for me. But when I started with clay I eventually went consistently everyday for the first time in over 30 years.

I hate to sound like an infomercial but it has made such a difference with me in things that had been unkowingly connected in relation to my health I just have to share.

I'm gonna have to go back to my original reply here and add some more uses I can personally attest to.

My next thing to try is to make my own toothpaste with it. I'm going to get the list of ingredients from other natural pastes and duplicate them with clay. Has anyone tried that here yet? I'd love to hear about if so.
My dh's cousin who is a dental assistant visited us and she got a sore in her mouth. She was amazed at how the clay worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Stiina (05-03-2012)
Old 07-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #190
MomTo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
My dh's cousin who is a dental assistant visited us and she got a sore in her mouth. She was amazed at how the clay worked.

Oh Dh get sreally bad ochie sores in his mouth. How did she use it to treat the sores?

So far I have put it on dd warts (I think they are just now starting to shrink), take it internally once a day (is that enough) and as facials.I'd love to hear about all your uses. I am getting lost with all the info. Is there a way to make a list?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #191
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo7
Quote:
Originally Posted by me

Oh Dh get sreally bad ochie sores in his mouth. How did she use it to treat the sores?

So far I have put it on dd warts (I think they are just now starting to shrink), take it internally once a day (is that enough) and as facials.I'd love to hear about all your uses. I am getting lost with all the info. Is there a way to make a list?
My dh gets sores too....

And to making some sort of list!

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #192
me
Rose Garden

For the sores in her mouth she just put some powder on her finger and covered the sore. That's it
Old 07-30-2008, 08:25 AM   #193
FaithfilledGranolaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I've ordered the same clay several times from earths..
And I just got some more. None have ever had an odor or taste. I would call Carol and ask her about it.

I know as far as bowel movements the difference is night/day with a good clay. Best thing is, it happens so gentle and naturally that it isn't like anything else. You can see the pipes being cleaned but with no side effects. And once all the yuck is out it just keeps things comfortably flowing out. We had food poisoning and I kid you not, it only lasted 30 min to an hour for the entire family to get over it! That's from when it started violently, we took clay, then it took effect.

Since I was born I always took about 3 days to go. I was always told that was normal for me. But when I started with clay I eventually went consistently everyday for the first time in over 30 years.

I hate to sound like an infomercial but it has made such a difference with me in things that had been unkowingly connected in relation to my health I just have to share.

I'm gonna have to go back to my original reply here and add some more uses I can personally attest to.

My next thing to try is to make my own toothpaste with it. I'm going to get the list of ingredients from other natural pastes and duplicate them with clay. Has anyone tried that here yet? I'd love to hear about if so.

Ok, I think I should b/c it does have quite a strong smell/taste?

neat about the sores, I get fever blisters easily so I'll try the clay on it next time.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:41 AM   #194
JBEMom
Rosebud

JBEMom is on a distinguished road

I have the Earth's Living Clay and mine has no odor or taste to it. I've been taking it for a week now. I think I'm having a healing crisis because I have felt a bit of nausea, lots of achiness, runny nose, etc., although I do feel a lot better today.

I've been giving some to my dogs. They are eleven years old and have allergies. My one has allergies so bad he loses quite a bit of hair every summer and often has terrible hot spots. He had a hot spot pop up within a few hours it was about 2" in diameter. I put hydrated clay on it that day and the next day and the red is completely gone and it is healing nicely.
Mom to:
J (25 yo - graduated college and living in NY)
B (almost eight years in Heaven...miss you B)
E, a.k.a. The Princess (6.5 yo)
JBEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #195
MomTo7

yes I just wanted to add that my clay doesn't really have a taste and certainly not an oder. My kids drink it with no issues