Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #211
musicmama
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

musicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SO what is for dinner?

peas are disgusting. seriously. ewwww.
mama to my long-awaited miracle Sophia 11/06
and her sweet beanie sister Chelsea 8/10

Creative Genius behind Sophiecat Creations

She is clothed with
strength and dignity
and laughs without fear
of the future.
Proverbs 31:25

musicmama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musicmama For This Useful Post:
charla (03-07-2012), Sparrow (03-07-2012), TuneMyHeart (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #212
PrincessAnika
Rose Garden

dreaming of purple butterflies & bravehearted seahorsies :)

PrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilik View Post
I was going to make burgers tonight, but I only have 1 lb. of ground beef and DH informs me that this will be woefully insufficient for our family of huge appetites. So I need to do something with ground beef and the excess of sliced cheese I'll now have, that will stretch a little further than burgers.
smashed beans or refried beans mix in well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple-Saucy View Post
I'm thinking stromboli....just not sure what fillings.

1 needs to be pepperoni and cheese.

The other can be anything under the sun...
ham, salami, bologna, veggies, cheeses

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
we're having hamloaf, not sure what with....
Angel m/c 6/12/07 @39d, 4/19/16 @6dpo, 8/3/16 @37d
DD1 - K (peanut) 7/26/09
DD2 - M (monkey) 4/19/11
DS1 - C (squishy) 3/23/13
DS2 - J (rascal) 2/4/15
DS3 - A 6/16/17
11/9/7/5/3

::Q:: I add a little excitement, a little spice, to your lives, and all you do is complain. Where is your adventurous spirit, your imagination?

add me on FB
ISFj/p - depends on the day of the week. type 2. i think.

PrincessAnika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #213
BabyMonsterMommy

We're going OUT for dinner tonight!!! If you knew me, you'd know that's a rare occurrence!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #214
justbreathe
Deactivated

Grumpy kitten is watching you

justbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond repute

We're having fish (cod) cooked . . .idk with new potatoes and green beans. I'm so bored with the lack of variety lately. And, y'all are really getting on my nerves with all of these yummy sounding gluten and casein ridden meals.

So, peas, huh? what type of peas are y'all talking about? There are so many different kinds, you can't hate ALL peas, right? There are the sweet green peas, purple hull peas, black eye peas, crowder peas, field peas, etc. I peas. Especially with mashed potatoes!
justbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #215
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

chicken stir fry with broccoli, peppers, asparagus, baby corn and water chestnuts served over angelhair pasta
fresh pineapple slices
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #216
musicmama
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

musicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond repute

I like snap peas and snow peas, but NOT cooked peas (fresh, frozen, canned, ANY cooked peas) or "regular" peas. And yes I've had them cooked a million ways etc, etc.

I hate mushrooms, too. And yes I've had them cooked your way, their way, that way, this way...yuck.

She is clothed with
strength and dignity
and laughs without fear
of the future.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #217
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
You've GOT to be overcooking them, then... or buying a bad brand. Cooked peas should taste just like fresh ones, only hot. If they don't, they're being overcooked or they were too mature when they were picked. If you're buying frozen, try Green Giant "sweetlets" packages. Drop them in boiling water right from frozen, this will lower the temp of the water. When it comes back to the boil, drain them. They're done. The outside of the pea should NOT be tough and chewy nor should it be mushy at all.

If you're cooking them properly and you still don't like them... you're really, really strange.
I'll try it. I don't ever buy peas and cook them. MIL does

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Tacos.

DH likes weird stuff on them, like baked beans and applesauce. He think tomatoes and avocado or guacamole is weird. Mmmmmm ya, ok

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparrow For This Useful Post:
Macky (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #218
Apple-Saucy
Deactivated

Apple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so the stromboli ended up being 1 pepperoni and one chicken with veggies
Apple-Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #219
3boysforme
Deactivated

It's the Peanut!

3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute

It is almost 4 and I am not sure what we are going to eat for dinner. And it needs to be something fast because we are going to church tonight .

I had some rice and gravy for the kids, but I left it out all night last night . And of course they don't like the chicken soup or the red beans that are in the fridge already.
3boysforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #220
Macky
Deactivated

Macky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond repute

We've got scalloped potatoes left over from last night. I took pork loin chops out of the freezer. I think I'll do a dry rub I haven't done for a while... it's got chili powder and brown sugar and some other stuff I can't remember; it makes kinds of a crust on the meat. We haven't had green beans yet this week.

When I'm talking peas, btw, I'm talking fresh, green "English" peas either fresh or frozen. Never canned. If I mean dry peas, I specify the kind of pea.
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:
justbreathe (03-08-2012), Sparrow (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #221
Apple-Saucy
Deactivated

Apple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boysforme View Post
It is almost 4 and I am not sure what we are going to eat for dinner. And it needs to be something fast because we are going to church tonight .

I had some rice and gravy for the kids, but I left it out all night last night . And of course they don't like the chicken soup or the red beans that are in the fridge already.
Sounds like a PB&J night with a side of fruit and glass of milk
Apple-Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #222
jujubnme
Rose Garden

Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness. (James 3:18)

jujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond repute

I'm steeling myself up to go into the kitchen to make zucchini lasagna. My dh got all the ingredients (except only thawed 1 lb. of ground beef instead of 2), and I promised I'd make it. But I don't feel well this afternoon and I don't feel like cooking. Blah. It won't be so bad once I get into the cooking zen mode, right?

wife to my awesome dh since 8/2000 - mom to my sweet jujube ds since 9/2001
all INFPs, living in harmonious chaos.

GLORY be to God for dappled things---
All things counter, original, spare, strange;
Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how?)
With swift, slow; sweet, sour; adazzle, dim;
He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change:
Praise him.

GERARD MANLY HOPKINS

jujubnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #223
musicmama
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post

When I'm talking peas, btw, I'm talking fresh, green "English" peas either fresh or frozen. Never canned. If I mean dry peas, I specify the kind of pea.
still gross.

She is clothed with
strength and dignity
and laughs without fear
of the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to musicmama For This Useful Post:
charla (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #224
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

Spaghetti and meatballs. Super easy, but at least we have supper!

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #225
Niphredil
Deactivated

Niff-er-doodle!

Niphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond repute

We fed the kids leftovers and are getting take out pizza.
Niphredil is offline   Reply With Quote