Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 03-03-2020, 05:50 PM   #16
Beth1231
Deactivated

Beth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March 2020 dinners.

Taco night!
Beth1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beth1231 For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (03-03-2020)
Old 03-03-2020, 06:07 PM   #17
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
I've been using meal delivery services lately. Like Hello Fresh. Takes the work out of meal planning. I've also used Martha and Marley Spoon. But the meat portions are small for this Texas family with Texas sized appetites!

This is probably the last week we will do it.

Menu is:

Blacked Chicken Penne - I added french bread with butter and salt

Italian Meatloaves with mashed potatoes and green beans - I will add rolls

Enchiladas verde - I will add rice and beans

We'll eat leftovers twice and I don't know what we are doing for the weekend yet.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Oh, on Sunday I made Shrimp Scampi from a recipe on allrecipes. It turned out yummy and was so easy. Everyone was thrilled with it. I also made homemade cheddar thyme biscuits, also from allrecipes. They were amazing.
Were the Hello Fresh portions small too? I've been considering it. A friend has figured out how to play the game.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:23 PM   #18
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

This is my plan for the week

Tonight was meatloaf and crispy steamed potatoes with a kale salad and jello.

Taco bowl

Loméin, Chinese broccoli and roasted carrots

Parotta with sliced beef, salad and raw veggies.

Paprika chicken with Caesar salad, rice and some vegetable, probably jello
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:43 PM   #19
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

We have a friend who smokes meat (pork). They gave us a bunch of frozen bags when we had the baby. So we threw a frozen bag in boiling water to thaw it and put it on top of tortilla chips and melted cheese— super delicious and easy to eat with a baby in my lap!!
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (03-03-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 06:51 AM   #20
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

Monday we had Asian meatballs and roasted broccoli.

Last night we had Greek Salmon Salad. DD2 brought her boyfriend for dinner and said his two favorite desserts are churros and cream puffs....I found a recipe for churro cream puffs! They were yummy! I had never made cream puffs before but they were so much easier than I had imagined.

Tonight DH and I are going out with friends.
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Laurlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:43 AM   #21
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Egg Roll in a bowl. THM.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #22
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster View Post
Were the Hello Fresh portions small too? I've been considering it. A friend has figured out how to play the game.
What's the game? Signing up under different emails to get the "free" boxes?

The meat portions are small on all of them! The side portions are good.
Soliloquy (03-08-2020), The Tickle Momster (03-04-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 03:21 PM   #23
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm going to try to make a gluten free and egg free breading for tilapia tonight and pan fry it and serve it with wild rice pilaf, broccoli, and homemade caper tarter sauce.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
knitlove (03-04-2020), The Tickle Momster (03-04-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 03:55 PM   #24
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
What's the game? Signing up under different emails to get the "free" boxes?

The meat portions are small on all of them! The side portions are good.
She discovered if she places her order, waits a day and cancels her membership, they send her big coupons to come back.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (03-04-2020), Soliloquy (03-08-2020), Virginia (03-05-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 04:59 PM   #25
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
I think I'm going to try to make a gluten free and egg free breading for tilapia tonight and pan fry it and serve it with wild rice pilaf, broccoli, and homemade caper tarter sauce.
I have breading like that. One time I just dregded thedamp from the package in flour with salt and pepper one time I used gf bread crumbs.

I have some rock fish that I think I will do that with tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
charla (03-04-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 06:45 PM   #26
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight was lemon chicken with Greek salad and breadsticks. So good.

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:27 AM   #27
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Last night we attended our church’s monthly meal
Fundraiser— four bucks a person and DD1 ate free!
Fresh fruit salad
Cheese soufflé
Green beans with feta

It was really yummy!
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:24 AM   #28
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

I'm making Pho in the Instant Pot tonight.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
knitlove (03-05-2020), Soliloquy (03-08-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #29
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
I'm making Pho in the Instant Pot tonight.
Oh do you have a good recipe?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
Virginia (03-07-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #30
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

I've never tried it, so I can't say that it's good or not.

DH emailed me a recipe from NY Times Cooking section. (NYT Cooking requires and account to directly access - I don't have one or I'd post it for you.)

The broth is :
3lbs bones and 1 lb brisket
1/2 Fuji apple
onion, ginger, star anise, cinnamon, cloves, fish sauce, sugar

30 minutes in the IP, 20 minutes in a traditional stove-top pressure cooker

Traditional toppings to serve:
6 oz thinly sliced beef steak (sirloin, eye of round, I'm using tenderloin)
rice noodles
cilantro, chilis, etc.

The apple is a little non-traditional from what I've seen in other recipes, but the rest looks pretty standard.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
knitlove (03-05-2020)