Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #76
CakeLady

Default Re: Household notebooks

Old 01-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #77
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codi View Post
Right now, I am using this link http://delightinreallife.com/pages/printables.htm and going through and typing up my own pages. I'd much rather have the info typed and printed than hand written in.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Ok actually, only the first 2 pages were things I want to use in my book. So off to find other ideas.
So far, the pages I've actually used from a website have been very few. I'm mostly drawing inspiration from all the sites listed here, and making it my own. Actually, I'm not using many typed pages at all. What I really need to do is sit for an hour and do a Google calendar, then print that.
TrinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #78
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going through all my computer bookmarks as i re-make my Homemaking Journal and found this: Daily Cleaning Checklist

http://www.realsimple.com/home-organ...0000000000953/
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LadybugSam For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (01-06-2010), Codi (01-05-2010), TrinMama (01-05-2010)
Old 01-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #79
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

That is a good daily check list. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

I searched old GCM threads and found this one helpful: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...keeping+binder

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Codi For This Useful Post:
LadybugSam (01-05-2010)
Old 01-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #80
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of

marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #81
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute

ooooh...these are so pretty! I think I am going to use at least the meal planner page from here.

http://brocantehome.typepad.com/broc...-planner-.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrinMama For This Useful Post:
Codi (01-05-2010)
Old 01-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #82
Codi
Rose Garden

So I was inspired by the framed daily to do list here: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/...ning-days.html

So tonight I ran to walmart to see what kind of binders they had (I was looking for something like Gina's but they did not have anything I liked) and found something that I think will work better for me. I got 2 plastic, magnetic 8.5x11 document frames to hang on my fridge. The paper just slides easily in and out, and I will use dry erase markers and wipe them off each morning. My "to-do's" for each day will basically be the same, so I will not have to replace the sheet like she does daily. I am still contemplating spending the $8 and doing the motivated moms thing, we will see.

Anyways, I will also have one for homeschool to do's.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Codi For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (01-06-2010), Autumn (01-06-2010), TraceMama (01-06-2010), TrinMama (01-06-2010)
Old 01-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #83
Forsynthianicki
Climbing Rose

Forsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of light

That's a great idea to frame your daily lists on the fridge Codi. Those were always the pages I used the most and to keep them in such a prominent place is smart.

Getting my stuff out to work on while I watch biggest loser.
Mom to:
J Bug dd, born at 21 weeks (2003) from our arms to God's
J Bean ds, "boundless energy" (2006)
Forsynthianicki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Forsynthianicki For This Useful Post:
Codi (01-05-2010)
Old 01-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #84
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am still contemplating spending the $8 and doing the motivated moms thing, we will see.
I really liked the motivated moms thing until my printer died and i was unable to print out any more sheets
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #85
Codi
Rose Garden

What a bummer!

The only think keeping me from doing it so far is the daily things you check off on the side of the weekly planner. I don't want to use some, and want some different ones, but it would bother me to no end not marking the ones I dont want to use off each day and having to hand write in the ones i want to add. A little OCD maybe.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 AM   #86
IslandMama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinMama View Post
So far, the pages I've actually used from a website have been very few. I'm mostly drawing inspiration from all the sites listed here, and making it my own. Actually, I'm not using many typed pages at all.
I'm working on a Home Maintenance Binder now... So far I've decided on what sections to include, and am making pretty dividers. I've organized the finance section first, which includes a budget, monthly spending tracker, and bill payment record. I'm going to work on the other sections slowly... I'm also including schooling info in the binder.

I still have a small calendar that I can bring with me everywhere, and will transfer family events into the binder calendar...

And I'm using a visual journal to do my quiet times in, write to-do lists, jot notes, copywork for memorizing scripture, or whatever. I'm using old magazines and a few books I found at the thrift shop for about a dollar to decorate it... I'll load pics maybe tomorrow...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
abh5e8 (01-06-2010), TrinMama (01-06-2010)
Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #87
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandMama View Post
I'm working on a Home Maintenance Binder now... So far I've decided on what sections to include, and am making pretty dividers. I've organized the finance section first, which includes a budget, monthly spending tracker, and bill payment record. I'm going to work on the other sections slowly... I'm also including schooling info in the binder.

I still have a small calendar that I can bring with me everywhere, and will transfer family events into the binder calendar...

And I'm using a visual journal to do my quiet times in, write to-do lists, jot notes, copywork for memorizing scripture, or whatever. I'm using old magazines and a few books I found at the thrift shop for about a dollar to decorate it... I'll load pics maybe tomorrow...
I'd love to see pics!!

And Codi, I love the idea of the daily list on the fridge like that! If only I was brave enough to go into Wally-World...with 4 kids...maybe I'll have to go on Saturday when I do food shopping. That frame you describe seems worth a trip in there for me.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #88
KatieMae

Quote:
What a bummer!

The only think keeping me from doing it so far is the daily things you check off on the side of the weekly planner. I don't want to use some, and want some different ones, but it would bother me to no end not marking the ones I dont want to use off each day and having to hand write in the ones i want to add. A little OCD maybe.
That's exactly why I made my own forms. I was so sick of crossing out the pet & plant care (the only living things in my home are related to me ) & writing in other things that needed to be done.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #89
monkeylicious
Rose Garden

here we go!

monkeylicious is a glorious beacon of lightmonkeylicious is a glorious beacon of lightmonkeylicious is a glorious beacon of lightmonkeylicious is a glorious beacon of lightmonkeylicious is a glorious beacon of lightmonkeylicious is a glorious beacon of lightmonkeylicious is a glorious beacon of light

can't wait to come back to this and put mine together after we are moved and mostly straight
mama to an angel in heaven - july 2005
mama to Evangeline aka evie(licious) - june 2007
monkeylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #90
Barefoot Bookworm
Rose Garden

Barefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond repute

I spent too much time designing pages last night for ours. I'm really getting into this! I have a list of things I want to add to it but I didn't have enough time last night.
Lamb (12),
Miss Mousie (11),
Billy Goat (9),
Wren and Hedgehog (5)!
Barefoot Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote