Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
gpsings
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

ORANGE you glad I made a new avatar? :D

gpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond repute
Default The GA Cobb Galeria Homeschool Expo

I think probably 1/3 off the vendors there were marketing some type of child abuse manuals. I'm disgusted because these are supposed to be my homeschool peers. No wonder people think we home-school to hide our child abuse! My oldest and youngest were with me, and I was so proud of how helpful and sweet they were with other kids there, and how my son supported a little girl to 'face her fears' on the treehouse gym...I wanted to shout from the rooftop -Hey! Look here! I don't have to punish my kids and aren't they awesome???
But instead I walked away a bit sad and sick and wondering what I can ever to do help change this for these children?

Yeah, I'm, just venting, but I needed to get this off my chest. This state needs waaaaay more gentle christian mamas.

Gretchen
ENTP
Wife of Kevin
Blessed AP, Homeschooling mama to:
Aneliese age 13, Breena age 10, and Caden age 7

gpsings is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gpsings For This Useful Post:
Zooey (07-29-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The GA Cobb Galeria Homeschool Expo

We almost went to that but my ils 50th anniversary was today so we had to do dinner etc. We could have stood together and shook our heads at the insanity.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
gpsings (07-29-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
chasingbutterflies
Rose Garden

chasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond reputechasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond reputechasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond reputechasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond reputechasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond reputechasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond reputechasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond reputechasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond reputechasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond reputechasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond reputechasingbutterflies has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, I believe it. bleh.
chasingbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chasingbutterflies For This Useful Post:
gpsings (07-29-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
twentysixcats
Rose Garden

twentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond repute

That makes me sad.
DD2 (7/2012)
DD3 (9/2014)
twentysixcats is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twentysixcats For This Useful Post:
gpsings (07-29-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
zak
Administrator

Friend of the Fellowship

zak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond repute

Stinky! Glad I skipped! I had a pass to go, but didn't feel like taking the fantastic four with me.

Dedicated GCMer since 2003

Administrator and Moderating Cradled, Babes, Breastfeeding, Beautiful Mothers and Circumcision
zak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zak For This Useful Post:
gpsings (07-29-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
gpsings
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

ORANGE you glad I made a new avatar? :D

gpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond repute

The very first booth upon walking in was a parenting system. 'Gospel based' and from what I could see, very punitive. It seemed like so many places where I wanted to buy something were selling some form of child abuse manual. Even the T-shirt booth was selling ALL of the Pearl books.
I really wanted a tee shirt.
I did get to see Mert and Shannon, and I'm thankful to be in a homeschool group with some others who don't do that sort of thing, (pretty funny that we took turns visiting the tee shirt/ Pearl follower and discussing the evils of TTUAC with him....but he didn't like that.)
I'm glad I was able to go, because my kids had a really good time. I let them go on the rock wall and the treehouse, and I found a good math curriculum for Caden (Right Start) that I don't know if I would have found otherwise, but other than that.....I was sad.
I really feel compelled to share the happiness of gentle parenting with parents who just.don't.know.
I wish ya'll woulda come, though! Would have been nice.

Gretchen
ENTP
Wife of Kevin
Blessed AP, Homeschooling mama to:
Aneliese age 13, Breena age 10, and Caden age 7

gpsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
BarefootBetsy
Rose Garden

"You are on the path...exactly where you are meant to be."

BarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of gentle parents in my town! But having a lot of military families from CA doesn't hurt

I don't really want to go to any homeschooling expos after all the stuff I keep hearing about them

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any views or opinions presented in the above posts are solely those of BarefootBetsy, the GCM member, and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of anyone else in the entire world.
BarefootBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BarefootBetsy For This Useful Post:
Zooey (07-29-2012)