Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:17 PM   #1
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute
Default April Dinners :-)

Wow! April already.

Its beginning to cool down over here in Australia so I'm looking forward to starting some soups/bone broths and generally warmer food. I loathe cooking in summer so am glad its over!

Last night I attempted to make Beef Goulash from scratch. I used to be able to make it with a little help from a packet mix with herbs etc in it but the company changed the ingredients and now I can't use it Thankfully it was a success all around, and for next time I'm wondering how many veggies I can "hide" in it

Tonight's dinner is "make your own" as everyone will be in and out so its a easy night for me
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mummy2boys For This Useful Post:
charla (04-04-2019), Singingmom (04-04-2019), Soliloquy (04-05-2019), Vicki_T (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #2
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: April Dinners :-)

I'm trying a new recipe tonight: Kale and Artichoke Chicken Casserole with rice and a veggie on the side (hopefully asparagus from the garden if I have enough).
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (04-05-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 09:50 AM   #3
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

My dairy allergic son is gone for the week, so I'm going to make a few creamy-cheesy dishes. I've got Magnolia Table from the library, so I'm going to start with Chicken Spaghetti and King Ranch Chicken. I'll post recipes if they're especially good.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
charla (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 11:21 AM   #4
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to track what I plan to eat and what we actually eat for the next 4 weeks.

Last night we had roast that I had originally planned for Sunday but it worked better last night.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #5
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

I had planned chicken tacos for tonight, but realized I didn't have any tortillas on hand. It was a very happy accident because taco chicken rice bowls with homemade guacamole, cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and a last minute sub for the tortillas of tortilla chips baked in the oven with lime were extremely yummy.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
Laurlor (04-05-2019), Singingmom (04-05-2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 07:29 PM   #6
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight was talapia, rice roasted green beans and cobbler

Old 04-05-2019, 07:58 PM   #7
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

We had White Chicken Chili tonight with a southwest cabbage salad on the side.
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Laurlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:42 PM   #8
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight we had beer battered cod, broccoli, baked potatoes, and rye rolls.

Last night I made spaghetti and salad.

Night before I was exhausted and made hot dogs, mac & cheese, and salad.

Monday and Tuesday we had mulligatawny soup, recipe from PlateJoy.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:51 PM   #9
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all dinner prepped out lately and getting irritated about the cost of things.. so I'm going more for ease. Plans for this week

Saturday- gluten free fried chicken and corn on the cob (Margaret's dinner request for this week)

Sunday- Frozen pizza and salad (we do Church at 5pm fast before so by the time we are home everyone is hungry. I keep GF crusts for Margaret and make hers.

Monday - crock pot pork stew and bread DH come home around 5pm.. I have to leave with Margaret for Ballet by 5:30 and DH again for evening rehearsals by 6:15 so crockpot meals are our standard Monday night meal. Margaret honestly will probably just have chicken nuggets raw veggies and dairy free yogurt with fruit as the stew and bread wont likely be safe for her and honestly she'd just pick at it anyways. Her chicken nugget meal is better balance for her.

Tuesday- probably GF spaghetti meat sauce garlic bread and roasted broccoli, ballet from 4-5pm so dinner after but no one wants to wait a long time.

Wednesday - Pork Chops mashed potatoes and some vegetable to be decided another quick meal for DH who is home around 4:30-5pm and leaves again around 6-6:30

Thursday Taco night finally a no rush meal day. I'll make some Spanish style rice and do some beans in the crock pot before some I'll freeze for burritos for a latter lunch or a Friday meal.

Friday- teen night for Cecilia but we will probably make some burritos to bring as we will still be in Lent and likely unable to eat what will be served.

Last edited by milkmommy; 04-05-2019 at 10:55 PM.
milkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #10
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight is General Tso's chicken. I'm out of hoisin. I think it will work to mix a bit of thick teriyaki sauce with some peanut butter. The ingredients are almost the same.

Tomorrow dh is making omelettes.

Monday is an away soccer game. Not sure what I'll make to take. I normally do sandwiches. Everyone is sandwiched out though.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #11
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve been out of town at a volleyball tournament since Friday, and I got so tired of eating out

When I got home tonight from the airport, I made avocado toast sprinkled with Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel seasoning and had some cereal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:31 PM   #12
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Last night was homemade pizza. Toppings were mozzarella, goat cheese, mushrooms, onions, and Italian sausage.

Dh is out of town all week. I tend to just forget about dinner when he's gone. Tonight I rummaged around in the fridge and kind of had a buffet of leftovers.

Tomorrow I hope to make a Moroccan stew with chicken and rutabagas. And buttermilk rye rolls.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #13
charla
Administrator

Oven-baked salmon (fresh from Aldi seasoned with olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, onion powder, lemon pepper, and fresh dill), yellow rice, tzatziki sauce, asparagus from the garden, Greek salad. It truly was yummy and for me to say that about salmon, it must have been good!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 04-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #14
knitlove
Rose Garden

https://thecleaneatingcouple.com/hea...range-chicken/

With roasted brocoleenie

Old 04-09-2019, 06:33 PM   #15
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Balsamic chicken & onions
Alongside roasted potatoes, beets & carrots

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save