Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 05-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #181
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

You know how we say, "It works both ways!"

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My teeth are remineralizing.

Your teeth are being rinsed all day, and not by tap water. They are internal to your body. Tap water is irrelevant to your teeth and your glycerin toothpaste.

As the only water source to touch your exterior, your hands and hair and clothes, it is relevant there.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #182
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiina View Post
I've heard Dr. Rami is mostly quack and a little bit truth.
I haven't kept up on this thread but I will say this--

I bought Rami's book a few years ago, 5 maybe? And I've been following his articles online. They are very scholarly and well written and I respect him, I think he is honest and not trying to scam anyone. And I see that mommypotamus just posted about her dd who's teeth have healed by following his dietary protocol.

However, in our family, our teeth got WORSE. Much worse. We won't be trying his dietary methods again. Other issues either started or got worse, too.

I do notice that even though FG-DE is supposedly not a well absorbed source of silica, our teeth, hair, and nails are grow super strong and healthy when we take it faithfully.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (05-20-2013), marigold (05-15-2013), Stiina (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #183
bentlaj11
Rose Trellis

bentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond repute

InFpType 2/3(?)
bentlaj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #184
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Heard a very mainstream MD warn against using whitening toothpastes .That they damage tooth enamel

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #185
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
I haven't kept up on this thread but I will say this--

I bought Rami's book a few years ago, 5 maybe? And I've been following his articles online. They are very scholarly and well written and I respect him, I think he is honest and not trying to scam anyone. And I see that mommypotamus just posted about her dd who's teeth have healed by following his dietary protocol.

However, in our family, our teeth got WORSE. Much worse. We won't be trying his dietary methods again. Other issues either started or got worse, too.

I do notice that even though FG-DE is supposedly not a well absorbed source of silica, our teeth, hair, and nails are grow super strong and healthy when we take it faithfully.
Mommapotamus' story is inspiring I've read it before. Dd's teeth on this diet seem to be holding steady, so at least they are not getting worse. I think he has researched a lot to get his info but I will stand by thinking that his statement about glycerin in toothpaste was rather wishy-washy. I will try to get the quote from kobo where we have a copy of the book.
What is FG-DE? I'm curious about anything that might help dd's teeth.

OK, I can't copy and paste, so here is the quote Moving Beyond Painful Dentistry 22 of 26 is what it says at the top of the page:
"Glycerin is added to toothpaste to give it its "pasty"consistencyand helps prevent the toothpaste from drying out. Supposedly, glycerin requires 27 rinses to remove from the teeth. This glycerin film could create a barrier on the teeth that would prevent the teeth from getting harder and stronger.Usually, small amounts of toothpaste get swallowed or absorbed directly into your bloodstream through your gums through a process called diffusion."
There are no resources quoted as to where he got this info.
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #186
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Food-grade diatomaceous earth

Sent from my Droid Razr via Tapatalk 2 via Swype
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
marigold (05-15-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #187
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that was a super interesting post.

So fascinating that all these different approaches can work so differently for everyone.
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #188
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

No kidding! I was absolutely expecting our teeth to get better doing Rami's plan.

My dh is skeptical about what I am doing right now to raise my body temps (which used to be between 95.8-97.4) but he is very surprised at how white my teeth are getting in such a short time. I never expected my teeth to improve from doing what I'm doing, either.

It's all rather unsettling and really fun, at the same time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (05-20-2013), Stiina (05-16-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #189
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

Teacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond repute

just saw this pop up in new threads and I need to read this!!!!

bbl

Teacher Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #190
Momma2Luke
Rose Bouquet

Momma2Luke is a glorious beacon of lightMomma2Luke is a glorious beacon of lightMomma2Luke is a glorious beacon of lightMomma2Luke is a glorious beacon of lightMomma2Luke is a glorious beacon of lightMomma2Luke is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post this in, but I'm subbed into this thread and it popped up into my radar... so here is where I'll post it....

I've been grain free for 5 months now - following the GAPS diet for health issues... and I've noticed that my teeth are MUCH whiter than they used to be (I drink copious amounts of coffee )... I googled it and found this to be a common theme among those who are grain-free... just throwing this bit of information out there...
Hopetobe (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #191
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Luke View Post
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post this in, but I'm subbed into this thread and it popped up into my radar... so here is where I'll post it....

I've been grain free for 5 months now - following the GAPS diet for health issues... and I've noticed that my teeth are MUCH whiter than they used to be (I drink copious amounts of coffee )... I googled it and found this to be a common theme among those who are grain-free... just throwing this bit of information out there...

Totally appropriate!

It is common in some people. It is also not uncommon for teeth to get worse on a grain-free diet. I never, ever expected it but that is what happened in our family. Going back to starch and even sugar made all our teeth get white and strong again. Go figure. Color me confused.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Stiina (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #192
Hopetobe
Rose Garden

Hopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
Totally appropriate!

It is common in some people. It is also not uncommon for teeth to get worse on a grain-free diet. I never, ever expected it but that is what happened in our family. Going back to starch and even sugar made all our teeth get white and strong again. Go figure. Color me confused.
That is so weird!

Maybe I missed it, but what's the raising your body temp thing that you mentioned earlier all about? Is it unhealthy to have it normally on the low side? How are you raising it?

Andrea INTP, DYT 4/1
Wife to B ~9yrs
Mom to
E 3yo & L 1yo
10/13/09

Last edited by Hopetobe; 05-20-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #193
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopetobe View Post
That is so weird!

Maybe I missed it, but what's the raising your body temp thing that you mentioned earlier all about? Is it unhealthy to have it normally on the low side? How are you raising it?
If it's low it is a symptom of several possibilities. Genuine hypothyroidism, euthyroidism, hypometabolism, and/or hyponatremia. You're at a higher risk for degenerative diseases in general as well as feeling like crud. I am raising it by doing something that I thought I would never do. RRARF (rehabilitative rest and refeeding.) Lots of sleep. Going to bed early, taking naps, sunbathing. Eating 3 good, solid meals per day plus snacks. Eating whatever appeals to me with an emphasis on salt, starch, sugar, & saturated fat. Drinking only to quench thirst, not for any other reason. Exercising only when I crave it. Releasing irrational guilt and stress is a big part of it, too.

I think it's been 3 weeks. Today at lunch my dh said to me, " Stop talking! Your mouth!"

I was and said, "What's wrong with my mouth?"

He replied, "Your teeth, they are SO white!!!!"

The theory is that when your metabolism is suppressed, your body is conserving energy. It's not rebuilding anything. It's not repairing damaged or old tissues efficiently, it's not building more lean body mass.

When the metabolism is stimulated, every system works at full steam, repairs are made, new tissue is made.

It's like being unemployed vs winning the lottery. When you have unreliable income, you turn down the thermostat and watch every penny, spending only when absolutely essential to survival. When you have reliable, lavish income you repair everything that's broken, decorate, embellish, throw parties, live abundantly.

So far, it's working for me.

I can PM you more info if you want or we could start a thread on it. But it is most definitely noticeable in my teeth, skin, energy level, libido, and the thermometer. I feel better than I have in a really long time.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
EMama (05-21-2013), Hopetobe (05-21-2013), Living My Dream (05-25-2014), Rugayatu (06-15-2014), Stiina (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 03:26 AM   #194
Sundance
Rose Garden

Sundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond repute

I would be really interested in a thread about it. It's something I want to look into more & hearing others experiences would be really neat. Lisa, that's pretty fascinating!

Wife to my Lumberjack,

Mom to DD1 (May 2007), DS (April 2009) &
DD2 (July 2011), DD3 (October 2013)
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sundance For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (05-21-2013), Soliloquy (05-21-2013), Stiina (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #195
milkdud
Rose Trellis

milkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond repute

I have spent a lot of time on tooth healing forums bc I have 1 kin with severe decay, and 1 kid with moderate. I have never heard of anyone getting worse on a grain free diet. What lands people on those groups in crisis, is the consumption of sugar and flour, and not sticking to a nutrient dense diet. There are repeatedly stories of people who halt their decay, add sugar or whatnot back in, while keeping up with their supplements, and the decay starts back up.

I'm not discounting your experience Lisa, it just boggles me. In the 3y I've been healing tooth decay, you're the first person I've heard of that healed it without dietary change. How much decay did your kids and you have?
Gobstopper 09/2009
Bit o' Honey 11/2012

11/2003 & 12/2011

Last edited by milkdud; 05-21-2013 at 05:12 AM.
milkdud is offline   Reply With Quote