Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:11 PM   #1
MrsHutch
Rose Garden

An Enneagram 7 type 1/2 ENTP

MrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christian Costume Ideas and Butt Sin (aka hilarious links)

I just laughed till I cried. Twice.

A friend shared this article on facebook: Costume Ideas for the Halloween Festival And DH and I died laughing. That article links to another one by the same person called Butt Sin. I clicked, and we died again.

I had to share these with y'all, especially those of us who are more familiar with the more conservative side of the faith. Enjoy.
Missing three I will meet in Heaven (Feb 2012), (Apr 2016) & (Jun 2020)

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." -Legally Blonde
MrsHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to MrsHutch For This Useful Post:
3PeasInAPod (10-29-2015), Amythestmama (05-02-2016), AngelaVA (10-30-2015), ArmsOfLove (10-30-2015), bananacake (10-31-2015), BarefootBetsy (10-29-2015), Beth1231 (10-30-2015), Carini (10-29-2015), Chaos Coordinator (10-30-2015), CJNeeley (10-30-2015), HomeWithMyBabies (10-30-2015), Llee (10-30-2015), Maleldil's daughter (10-29-2015), MercyInDisguise (10-29-2015), schmamy (10-30-2015), sunflowermom (10-30-2015), sweetpeasmommy (10-30-2015), Tasmanian Saint (04-27-2016), twoplustwo (10-30-2015), Virginia (10-30-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christian Costume Ideas and Butt Sin (aka hilarious links)

I read those today, too.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
SillyMommy
Climbing Rose

SillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond repute

ROFL!!!
and Mommy to R1 (12) T3, R2 (8.6) T4, R3 (6.9) T1 and R4 (13m)
PaperbackSwap | Goodreads

SillyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:45 PM   #4
Maleldil's daughter
Rose Bouquet

Maleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud of

I laughed so loudly my 3 yr old thought something was wrong with me.

Wifey to the Husby 9/6/2006
Mama to The Littlest Man in all the Land 5/31/2012
and The Littlest Girl in all the World 1/28/2016

Counseling is like cleaning out your fridge. Mostly it's rearranging things so they make more sense. Now and then you come across some really nasty thing that's been stuck in the back way too long.
Maleldil's daughter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maleldil's daughter For This Useful Post:
MrsHutch (10-30-2015), Soliloquy (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 11:29 AM   #5
Anne Ofalamo
Rose Blossom

~never lose your joy

Anne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of light

oh thank you for a wonderful sense of humor...and butt sin...mom jeans...tears roll down my face
Twinky Dinks(girls-identical twins) (16)
the Beast (10)
Whit (8)
Little man (7)
Bits of our LIfe Blog
Anne Ofalamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #6
Beth1231
Deactivated

Beth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh,the memories!!
I want his book,Homeschooled Sex Machine.
Beth1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beth1231 For This Useful Post:
Chaos Coordinator (10-30-2015), Soliloquy (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 04:00 PM   #7
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Hilarious!

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:03 PM   #8
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

the mom jean part made me laugh the hardest.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:48 PM   #9
3PeasInAPod
Deactivated

3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute

I shared the link on fb and only got one like. I think I have christian friends that can't take jokes. ...

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
3PeasInAPod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3PeasInAPod For This Useful Post:
MrsHutch (10-31-2015), Soliloquy (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 10:20 PM   #10
MercyInDisguise
Rose Garden

The only way we'll last forever is broken together

MercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PeasInAPod View Post
I shared the link on fb and only got one like. I think I have christian friends that can't take jokes. ...

Yeah, I wanted to share, but. ......
Mama to
A 20 months
a little one who will only ever know heaven 8/1/13
MercyInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:21 AM   #11
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

Butt sin for the win! Um, or something

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
BarefootBetsy (11-01-2015), Chaos Coordinator (10-31-2015), everybody's mother (11-01-2015), knitlove (10-31-2015), MrsHutch (10-31-2015), Soliloquy (10-31-2015), Tasmanian Saint (04-27-2016)
Old 10-31-2015, 05:22 AM   #12
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

so funny

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:39 AM   #13
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know anything about Matthew Pierce? He doesn't have an "about me" on his blog. I can tell he was raised in a very conservative, probably legalistic, homeschooling family but beyond that . . . ?????

I didn't post it on FB because . . . I just wasn't sure who could laugh at it and who couldn't. I think it's good to laugh at ourselves once in awhile. I wasn't raised in a conservative Christian culture so I didn't want to come across as laughing AT people who are that way, kwim? But I did laugh really hard, it was super funny!

And it is funny how we each can get wrapped up in whatever it is we think we NEED to do, under whatever label it falls. I think an AP mommy one would be funny, about some of the ridiculous things we did with our first AP baby in order not to lose our AP card. Or something funny about the vegan police, the crunchy police, the unschooling police (oh my goodness, I had to leave all the unschooling FB groups because of all the bickering about what is and is not unschooling! )
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Llee (10-31-2015), MercyInDisguise (10-31-2015), MrsHutch (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 11:48 AM   #14
3PeasInAPod
Deactivated

3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute3PeasInAPod has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I can't tell if his message is how damaging fundies are thru humor or if he believes it but can laugh at it too. I just read his short book "homeschool sex machine. .."
He told a story of a purity conference where he was the only boy who wouldn't go forward to make a purity pledge josh Harris style -he hinted that dating wasn't the devil and that's actually how you meet and get married. But his book was a bunch of personal stories without coming out with it plainly. His bio says he home schools his older daughter (he has 2).
I did get the feeling after reading he probably doesn't subscribe to the fundy homeschooling circles -but still his true feelings are vague

3PeasInAPod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3PeasInAPod For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (10-31-2015), Virginia (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 07:17 PM   #15
Maleldil's daughter
Rose Bouquet

Maleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud of

It is kind of ambiguous. He does make fun of lots of famous non-fundy Christians - Joel Osteen, for example. He came across to me as more of a 'let's all laugh at ourselves, because we're all ridiculous sometimes' type.
Even the butt sin post seemed more like his point was 'why is this a thing' than 'fundies are dangerous.' I didn't read the book though.

I didn't post it on fb either. And I find posts making fun of ap or crunchy things usually funny too. We all go overboard or are hypocritical sometimes, so why not laugh about it? But not everyone feels that way.

Wifey to the Husby 9/6/2006
Mama to The Littlest Man in all the Land 5/31/2012
and The Littlest Girl in all the World 1/28/2016

Counseling is like cleaning out your fridge. Mostly it's rearranging things so they make more sense. Now and then you come across some really nasty thing that's been stuck in the back way too long.
Maleldil's daughter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maleldil's daughter For This Useful Post:
Beth1231 (11-06-2015), Chaos Coordinator (11-01-2015), DoulaClara (10-31-2015), Llee (04-26-2016), MercyInDisguise (10-31-2015), Soliloquy (10-31-2015)