Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #16
Six Little Feet
Rose Garden

one who loves coffee

Six Little Feet has a reputation beyond reputeSix Little Feet has a reputation beyond reputeSix Little Feet has a reputation beyond reputeSix Little Feet has a reputation beyond reputeSix Little Feet has a reputation beyond reputeSix Little Feet has a reputation beyond reputeSix Little Feet has a reputation beyond reputeSix Little Feet has a reputation beyond reputeSix Little Feet has a reputation beyond reputeSix Little Feet has a reputation beyond reputeSix Little Feet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Spanking Paddle

And the picture of him and his son and the paddle...his son looks well detached (I wonder why)

edited to fix a typo, that was rather funny...

mom of three young feminists

Pumpkin 2001-Midge 2005-Cookie 2007

“I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.”

― Dr. Seuss, Yertle the Turtle and Gertrude McFuzz
Six Little Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #17
apmommy
Rose Garden

apmommy has much to be proud ofapmommy has much to be proud ofapmommy has much to be proud ofapmommy has much to be proud ofapmommy has much to be proud ofapmommy has much to be proud ofapmommy has much to be proud ofapmommy has much to be proud ofapmommy has much to be proud ofapmommy has much to be proud of

Too sick for words
Old 08-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #18
Mamatoto
Deactivated

Mamatoto is on a distinguished road

We had a couple of those in my house growing up. Sick man.
Mamatoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #19
Joyful Melissa
Climbing Rose

Joyful Melissa will become famous soon enoughJoyful Melissa will become famous soon enough

How sad! Do you see how big and thick those things are??!! I couldn't imagine a child being whacked with one of those. I can't believe those appointment slips either, arghhh!
DD-Chickadee 12-Juv. Type 1 Diabetes & Hypothyroid
DS-Poozle 8-Learning to live with JRA & SPD
DS-QBear 12- Autistic
Pre-adoptive DS-C 11- ADHD

A person's a person, no matter how small.
Dr. Suess
Joyful Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #20
Beauty4Ashes
Rose Garden

Beauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like a paint stirrer. I cannot imagine using one on a teenager.

mom to B (6/2004)
D (6/2005)
L 4/2008
R 9/2015

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that they might be glorified.
Beauty4Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #21
Chris3jam

If we know the general location, this one would be one to call CPS on. . . .. .. Or, bring it to someone's attention, somehow. . .. "red flag" it, like they do the other icky sites. . ..
Old 08-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #22
Kyasmom
Rose Trellis

Kyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to all

Sick....
Kyasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #23
canadiyank
Deactivated
I support GCM!

canadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond repute

My friend's family had one of these growing up, on which was inscribed, "I Love You."
canadiyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #24
UltraMother
Rose Garden

UltraMother has a reputation beyond reputeUltraMother has a reputation beyond reputeUltraMother has a reputation beyond reputeUltraMother has a reputation beyond reputeUltraMother has a reputation beyond reputeUltraMother has a reputation beyond reputeUltraMother has a reputation beyond reputeUltraMother has a reputation beyond reputeUltraMother has a reputation beyond reputeUltraMother has a reputation beyond reputeUltraMother has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A single swat has more influence than a thousand threats.
Actually, I agree. But a single swat is not necessary. Get off your butt and make your words mean something, rather than threatening a thousand times.

Quote:
If you have a paddle you must be prepared to use it without anger and with respect.
How can paddling be respectful?

Babies-they just grow on you.
UltraMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #25
TulipMama
Deactivated

TulipMama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How can paddling be respectful?

*nods* Since we stopped spanking, I've been able to see how--even though I dearly loved my children and was motivated by that love, however misguided--spanking was NEVER respectful.
TulipMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:12 PM   #26
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

Teacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond repute

My father got angry with me when I was 16 years old. Got out the saw and plywood and cut a paddle pretty close to that shape. Then he drilled holes in it, made me sand so I wouldn't get a splinter and proceeded to beat me with it. The entire process was long. He had plenty of time to think and know what he was doing. It hurt me so bad to sit at school the next several days. I was completely black and blue with nice circles from the holes. Told me I needed an attitude ajustment. It was the beginning of my rebellion. It pushed me over the edge. After that, I really felt, what more could they do to me? It's a passive aggressive nightmare. They make you connect love with punishment.

He still will tell you he did it because he loved me. It's so hard for me to grasp this idea even to this day.

Okay, I am crying at the little girl who had no voice or opinion back then. Thank goodness I have a husband that does not believe in spanking. Maybe that's how people did it years ago, but now we know better.

And the boy in the picture....yeah, that's how I would have looked to...."please don't make me stand here with you".

So sad indeed.

Teacher Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #27
canadiyank
Deactivated
I support GCM!

canadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond repute

Teacher Mom -
canadiyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:06 AM   #28
joyful mama
Rose Garden

Word of God speak...

joyful mama has a reputation beyond reputejoyful mama has a reputation beyond reputejoyful mama has a reputation beyond reputejoyful mama has a reputation beyond reputejoyful mama has a reputation beyond reputejoyful mama has a reputation beyond reputejoyful mama has a reputation beyond reputejoyful mama has a reputation beyond reputejoyful mama has a reputation beyond reputejoyful mama has a reputation beyond reputejoyful mama has a reputation beyond repute

Married to my knight in shining armor

Work-in-progress mother to my three awesome kids:

S (8), T (6) and the Little Guy (3)
...and always remembering our little angel

joyful mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:51 AM   #29
Marrae
Moderator in Tweens & Teens, Teens & Beyond, the Cookbook, Let's Talk, Drawing Closer, and Bible Study
I support GCM!

The presence of the Holy Spirit is the keystone of all our hopes

Marrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond reputeMarrae has a reputation beyond repute

How .
I am glad that is illegal here, whatever other problems we may have. (UK)
I was tempted to leave a comment, may still do, but I don't think he even responds to them.

wife (dh A, *~ 33 ~ * years) mother (dd G 29, ds D 25)

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8 : 28

Marrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:56 AM   #30
Aisling
Deactivated

Even artichokes have hearts!

Aisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond repute

I'm totally creeped out by the fact that the paddle says, "Love Joey". Sick.
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote