Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
luvinmykidz
Rose Garden

luvinmykidz is a glorious beacon of lightluvinmykidz is a glorious beacon of lightluvinmykidz is a glorious beacon of lightluvinmykidz is a glorious beacon of lightluvinmykidz is a glorious beacon of lightluvinmykidz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Radio talk show with Candace Cameron BURE

There is a segment about child rearing on this radio show and she is telling everyone how great and wonderful the pearls are How can anyone think the pearls are great and awesome???

http://www.drewmarshall.ca/listen2006.html#060204

February 4 2006

Mom to 3 very energetic and crazy children!
Richard (11)
Belle (8)
David (6)

Striving to be a more patient momma to children with emotion regulation problems...aka Bipolar disorder, ADHD, sensory integration dysfunction and ODD
luvinmykidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
klpmommy
Deactivated

Beware the gorgon, she's having a bad hair day

klpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radio talk show with Candace Cameron BURE

That disappoints me greatly. I like her & I really like Kirk Cameron. I hope that he doesn't have the same parenting philosophies.
klpmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

I just listened to it. She said Debi and Michael Pearl... they are incredible. She has a website with a contact candace button....
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
hsgbdmama
Deactivated

Yeah, it's winter here ...

hsgbdmama has a reputation beyond reputehsgbdmama has a reputation beyond reputehsgbdmama has a reputation beyond reputehsgbdmama has a reputation beyond reputehsgbdmama has a reputation beyond reputehsgbdmama has a reputation beyond reputehsgbdmama has a reputation beyond reputehsgbdmama has a reputation beyond reputehsgbdmama has a reputation beyond reputehsgbdmama has a reputation beyond reputehsgbdmama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of Sons
She has a website with a contact candace button....
You !!!

This is truly disappointing ... this is not the ringing endorsement Christians need, to give the impression that this type of discipline is used by all Christians.
hsgbdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #5
Irene

didnt kirk cameron help write some book with a paddle in it or am I totally way off base
Old 06-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #6
Nightingale
Deactivated

Nightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond reputeNightingale has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.afajournal.org/2005/may/5. 05adoption.asp

Quote:
One such book that Kirk and Chelsea use as a parenting tool second to the Bible is titled Shepherding A Child’s Heart by Ted Tripp.

"It lifts the wisdom of parenting out of the Bible and is the most amazing tool about godly parenting, godly discipline, getting to the heart of a child and not the behavior, [and] teaching the heart of your child….," Chelsea explained. "I want a child whose heart understands their need for God and understands God’s ways."

Therefore, she and Kirk run a tight ship when it comes to the structure and function of their family. But this tight ship sails on a sea of unconditional love as seen through prayer time, family devotions, family hikes, beach trips, free-for-alls in the yard, times of jubilant worship through dancing and singing, and Sunday visits with Grandma.
Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #7
BeckaBlue
Rose Garden

AKA mama2madj

BeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond repute

K, 14 ENP
A, 11 INJ
N, 10 EFJ
J, 5.5 ETJ
El 10/11
D 1/13

"Against the grain should be a way of life. What's worth the prize is always worth the fight" - Nickelback
BeckaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #8
cheri
Rose Garden

cheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond repute

On Candace Cameron's website, she says that she likes a book by the Pearls and the one by the Tripps.

cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:10 PM   #9
Knitted_in_the_womb

Quote:
Originally Posted by klpmommy
That disappoints me greatly. I like her & I really like Kirk Cameron. I hope that he doesn't have the same parenting philosophies.
I'm not really surprised about this. Really, from all I've heard Kirk did a pendulum swing--from the Hollywood lifestyle to being EXTREMELY conservative in his Christianity.

Jenn
Old 06-02-2006, 06:05 AM   #10
cheri
Rose Garden

cheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond reputecheri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitted_in_the_womb
Quote:
Originally Posted by klpmommy
I'm not really surprised about this. Really, from all I've heard Kirk did a pendulum swing--from the Hollywood lifestyle to being EXTREMELY conservative in his Christianity.

Jenn
Yep. I watched the "E-true hollywood story: growing pains" and apparently when he became a Christian, it sounds like he became pretty obnoxious toward the entire cast and crew about lifestyles, how the show was written.

cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:39 AM   #11
sarahtar

I get such a kick out of Kirk Cameron's story - it's kind of typical of a new Christian to get kind of obnoxious about it...and fun to hear him and the cast discuss it now many years later. Too bad he likes the Tripps
Old 06-02-2006, 07:41 AM   #12
Benjaminswife
Rose Garden

Benjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud of

This makes me sad I was watching an old episode of Growing Pains the other day and I wondered about them. So sad

~Julie~
Wife to Ben since 08/03/02,
Mama to Daniel~9, Drew~7 & Joshua~3
Blogging Through The Journey

Benjaminswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #13
Maggie
Deactivated

love

Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond repute

Why are so many conservative Christians so punitive? And so many think they have to spank to be a good Christian parent.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:28 AM   #14
Benjaminswife
Rose Garden

Benjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie
Why are so many conservative Christians so punitive? And so many think they have to spank to be a good Christian parent.
I ask myself that every day I was reading an article in Parents that compared different parenting experts. I thought it was ironic that Dr. Dobson, which is the one that just screams Christian to people, seemed to have the most hurtful advice

~Julie~
Wife to Ben since 08/03/02,
Mama to Daniel~9, Drew~7 & Joshua~3
Blogging Through The Journey

Benjaminswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:15 PM   #15
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I heard my favourite talk show host on the christian station in Sydney endorse Babywise this morning actaully am going to email him about it and find that link about the damage ezzo does and send it to him
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote