Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #31
ThreeKids
Rose Garden

ThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me combat this gallbladder problem...**post #15 Dumb Brownie :(**

I've read taurine supplements thin the bile and can help bile get around the stones. I'm trying it right now, but I'm not totally sure my problem is gall bladder attacks.

And my kids were going to behave perfectly all the time and if they didn't, they'd be Dobsoned, but I was going to Dobson so perfectly that they'd know not to slip up but once or twice because I was going to be sooooooo consistent and awesome and wise.
ThreeKids is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThreeKids For This Useful Post:
euromom (03-09-2010)
The Following User Says they are praying for ThreeKids:
euromom (03-09-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #32
euromom
Rose Garden

euromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help me combat this gallbladder problem...**post #15 Dumb Brownie :(**

Ack so I saw the surgeon today and he did a great job with scare tactics and for now I have a date set for surgery (but can always cancel) Basically he said my stones are just under 1cm and the idea of me doing a flush scares him because he says I would have to get it through a space that they need to be less than 2mm. He said they do everything they can to keep stones OUT of the bile duct so the idea of flushing them in there where they can get stuck...he went into all kinds of talk about sepsis and such and well, dh was sold that I should get the surgery. I am torn. I really don't want to loose my gallbladder, but I don't want to keep living in fear of what I eat which, right now, is next to nothing. Is 1cm really too big for a flush????
mommy to my HBAC blessing dd- 01/10!

euromom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #33
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

Location: High above a great and beautiful canyon in a Golden State city...
Firebird Rising has disabled reputation

I don't know anything about sizes. You could probably do some googling for information on the sizes that people have flushed out.

If you want to do a flush. I recommend drinking fresh apple juice for a week (I mean, get a juicer and lbs and lbs of green apples), which is said to soften the stones. Then do a flush.

I only know that my stones were listed as "small" in my radiology report.

Weigh your options. If you don't do it, you get your gallbladder out. If you do flush and are prepared to have surgery anyway, then either you get the stones out or you end up in surgery.

I'm not sure what I would do in your situation. I can't stand the surgeon I talked to when I was in the ER. If I had to do surgery, I would go to the next town over to do it. I know the guy I talked to would just laugh his butt off if I suggested a flush.

I wish I knew what to tell you.

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks - Gandalf

Firebird Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebird Rising For This Useful Post:
euromom (03-16-2010)
Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #34
Maggirayne
Rose Garden

Standing for gentleness and honesty

Maggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond repute

So how are you both doing? :worried
Grace is not a destination, it's a journey.
I first learned to show grace to my child that was not shown to me, then I learned to accept it for myself, and only recently have I been able to have grace for others more.
~Sweetpeasmommy
A
Maggirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #35
Rose
Rose Trellis

Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRose is a glorious beacon of lightRose is a glorious beacon of lightRose is a glorious beacon of lightRose is a glorious beacon of lightRose is a glorious beacon of light

Also wondering how you too are doing.

AFA whether or not 1cm is too big to flush- I managed to flush out 2 that size with no problems... However, they didn't tell me that I had a golf ball sized stone as well so I ended up in surgery after it became lodged in the duct & no one was able to manually dislodge it.
FWIW- if a stone becomes lodged, just have the gallbladder removed. I had them try to dislodge it & after 45 minutes of trying, all they had succeeded in doing was make me vomit repeatedly from the pain.

I'm that the flushes helped you ladies. Eager to know how things have worked out.
"Mogi" 2-23-09
and her twin,
Addison, who Jesus is holding for me. 8-5-08
Remembering two little ones who were born to Jesus. 9-27-09 & 11-13-09

Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:58 AM   #36
euromom
Rose Garden

euromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant future

As of right now I am going to go ahead and have surgery It is scheduled for next Thurs I have MANY mixed feelings and emotions about it, especially the part about being seperated from dd2 for that time. I have not been able to pull up enough info on the flush with my size of stones though it seems that people have passed them even bigger than that. But I have also read that there is controversy over if they really are stones that pass or just hardened olive oil? It just seems that eventually what will most likely happen is that at some point in my life my gallbladder will most likely need to come out. As of right now I am eating next to nothing and even with that I still have a constant dull pain in my side, especially at night when I go to bed. I fear to even lay on my stomach or right side for fear that even that will bring on an attack (last attack I was sleeping on my stomach when it happened) I am just so ready to get and feel better...though I know there are consequences to the surgery and I may never feel 100% again, it seems from what I have heard and researched that it's gotta be better then where I am at right now. At least on the bright side I can now fit into clothes I wore BEFORE having ds 5yrs ago. I am LOVING that part Helps me feel a whole lot better about the whole thing. I think if I wasn't to the point of not being able to eat much at all then I would fight to keep my gallbladder, but one can only live on salad and apples for so long. I feel like I am on Survivor when they drool over the thought of food and chocolate and hamburgers and such. Though I plan on keeping a healthy diet even after surgery, it will be nice to venture out and eat a bit more than I can right now I hope. I have this fear that I will be one of the ones that still has issues even after it is out

The Following 4 Users Say they are praying for euromom:
abh5e8 (03-26-2010), curlymopmom (04-02-2010), Maggirayne (03-26-2010), Rose (03-26-2010)
Old 04-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #37
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

I just saw this...It soundslike you are/were going through what my hubby was for months and months until they did his GB

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks - Gandalf

Old 04-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #38
euromom
Rose Garden

Had my surgery yesterday. Still eating light but it is amazing that I can eat again! The surgeon told dh that my gallbladder was inflamed (this was in a state of calm and not while having an attack and it was still inflamed) and that another attack was iminant and that the gallbladder would have *had* to come out at some point, so I am feeling like I did the right thing. I think sticking to the diet I made for myself was keeping me from an attack but the moment I would have messed up would have been the moment I had another attack, and I just don't think I could have kept living like that, I was barely eating. If my symptoms were not so sever I think I would have done more research on the flush and fought to keep my gallbladder, but with the symptoms I was having I do think it really needed to go Now I shall see what life without one is like

How have you been feeling Jen? Did you do a flush yet and how did that go?

The Following User Says Thank You to euromom For This Useful Post:
curlymopmom (04-02-2010)
Old 04-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #39
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

I'm so glad you feel better. After my husband had his out, he felt better instantly.

I think after my last attack, the olive oil/lemon juice that I had must have staved off the problem. I haven't had symptoms since then. I think I'm going to do another flush next week when I get back to CA and try to do them every month or so with a day or two of heavy apple juice consumption.

Jen D

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

The Following User Says Thank You to Firebird Rising For This Useful Post:
euromom (04-02-2010)
Old 04-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #40
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Jen where did you get this information on flush and life style changes you posted?

Right now my SIL is planing on having hers out right after she has her baby. Both of my IL have had there's removed. The odd are that DH will have issues as well so I am interested.

Thank you.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #41
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

I have searched and searched and read and read online for the last two years trying to figure out how to deal with this. I have more information that I've not posted simply because it's so much information that I've C/P.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a natural care provider so I've kind of had to go it alone. If you want more, PM me and I'll send my Word doc which might just give you more information.

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

Old 04-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #42
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

that would be great! pming you now.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #43
Call Her Blessed

After I had several gallstone attacks that were horrible, I went on a raw food diet for 2 months, with the only fats being olive oil and nuts. This seemed to (possibly) eliminate my gallstones, or at least reduce them so that I've not had more trouble like I was having.

Every now and then I can tell that something might be wanting to start, and I'll chug some diluted apple cider vinegar and the discomfort goes away.

I've never done an official flush, just the two months of fruits, veggies, nuts, etc.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #44
Zoesmama

Well there is no current medicine or way to remove just stones sooo unfortunately they can and do come back in most people.

I thought about letting mine go but that pain was just not worth it and I know I struggle sticking to a diet. I opted for surgery. But I know and totally believe that if a super low fat vegan diet can do away with attacks go for it. Like said the worse case is you have an attack that gets too bad and turns into inflammation and infections and need emergency FULL scar surgery. This is what scared me enough to consider surgery because I worried ANY slip up in a dietary sense could cause it to get stuck which was NOT something any DR told me just my common sens and limited medical knowledge as a medical assistanct. I'd say this is more dangerous with small stones than large ones(which I had 5 large ones confirmed by U/S). The risks of surgery were lower than risks of me having flareups and worse infections or more. KWIM? Scare tactics or not you have to think about the possibility of a stone getting out and stuck causing even more serious surgery. I know its a tough decision. I myself was VERY afraid of being put to sleep.

For me the worst pain was the shoulder pain from the gas used to see while they do it. The healing part was easier by far. A few days I had trouble getting up and down and it was hard to sleep since I'm not a back sleeper and any other position hurt. I've been able to sleep on my side/tummy for awhile now though and had it done in March.

Have you been following this diet since the 1st attack?

Last edited by Zoesmama; 04-15-2010 at 07:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
euromom (04-17-2010)
Old 05-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #45
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

Okay, so I'm noticing a cycle here. If I do something to trigger an attack, I have a cluster of them and then they go away for a while. So since my last attack, I haven't had anything.

Then, yesterday, I was drinking an ice cold drink from a drive thru and it came on almost immediatly. I know not to drink ice cold drinks, but it just tasted so good.

I know that ice cold drinks or food can suddenly constrict the duct and cause the pain. I took some swigs of lemon juice/olive oil and then a hot bath (like scorching hot) with the water running on my tummy, then laid on my right side for a while with my right knee drawn up to my chest and when I got out, it was done.

Then, today, even though I ate really well this morning, it started up again. I've done my swig of oil/juice and did a hot bath and now have a heating pad on my back.

I'm thinking that my gallbladder is just inflamed from last night and trying to recover and it needs some time.

I'm going to do the daily olive oil/juice maintenance and see where that takes me until we move and I can do the apple juice more often.

Jen D.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

reading my OP again, I see that my last cluster of attacks was triggered by a ice cold smoothie. I've had two other clusters and then a bad day here or there. One of the clusters was when I was just starting my new job July 3rd and I got an ice water that I brought into the training center. I am SO glad it was my last day of training because I got to leave early and was doubled over in pain the entire drive back (20 miles) home.

I believe I had two attacks after that within the week. Then two months later, the cluster that sent me to the hospital - that was caused by the pizza and confirmed that there were stones in the duct at that time. I'm wondering if the cold stuff attacks are merely inflammation of the gallbladder and the greasy cheesy food was an actual stone getting caught.

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

The Following User Says they are praying for Firebird Rising:
euromom (05-05-2010)