Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #16
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

Location: High above a great and beautiful canyon in a Golden State city...
Firebird Rising has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help me combat this gallbladder problem...

SOOOO stupid!

DH went to the new bakery and came back with a HUGE totally delish three-layer brownie. I ate it all with great relish.

Followed it with 1/4 c epsom salt in 3 c of warm water as soon as I felt the familiar tightening.

Am waiting until Monday when I can get our food-stamps and buy the apples I need. Then I'm going to do several days of 2 liters apple juice, half a day with several doses of epsom salts and then a dose of olive oil/lemon juice. I've heard great results with this and I seriously need to do it.

I might just go spend some of the money we got and start it tomorrow. I really want to feel better.

Stupid brownies.

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks - Gandalf

Firebird Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says they are praying for Firebird Rising:
euromom (03-04-2010)
Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #17
euromom
Rose Garden

euromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help me combat this gallbladder problem...**post #15 Dumb Brownie :(**

Just seeing this. Hope the epsom salt helped and the attack wasn't long. Dh made brownies for our small group yesterday. I had a very hard time resisting. If I hadn't just had that horrid attack the other night I would have eaten them for sure. ITU March 15th feels sooooo far away right now, I just want to know the size so I can do a flush too!

Will this be your first flush? Or have you done one before? I am wondering what the chances of having attacks again in the future are once doing a flush. If we keep to some sort of preventitive diet and flush them all out, we should be back to normal right???

Also, when flushing them out, will it feel like we are having an attack? Or is that only if one gets stuck in bile duct while flushing?
mommy to my HBAC blessing dd- 01/10!

euromom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #18
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

Default Re: Help me combat this gallbladder problem...**post #15 Dumb Brownie :(**

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromom View Post
Will this be your first flush?

yes, i never got to it while pregnant.
afa I know, if you are seeing stones, you're doing a good job and recurrence of another attack is lessened.

Quote:
Also, when flushing them out, will it feel like we are having an attack? Or is that only if one gets stuck in bile duct while flushing?
I haven't heard of a flush itself hurting. I've only heard of it hurting if there is a stone stuck.

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks - Gandalf

The Following User Says Thank You to Firebird Rising For This Useful Post:
euromom (03-04-2010)
Old 03-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #19
euromom
Rose Garden

euromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant future

What do you know about Gold Coin Grass? I am doing some googleing and researching on flushes and reading that this is something very helpful I think it I read somewhere it is believed to soften the stones making it easier for them to pass. Here is a link with some testimonies of people who said other flushes did not work but using GCG they were able to pass stones.

http://curezone.com/gallstones/digest1.asp

Old 03-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #20
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromom View Post
What do you know about Gold Coin Grass? I am doing some googleing and researching on flushes and reading that this is something very helpful I think it I read somewhere it is believed to soften the stones making it easier for them to pass. Here is a link with some testimonies of people who said other flushes did not work but using GCG they were able to pass stones.

http://curezone.com/gallstones/digest1.asp
I saw that website. From what I understand, the pectin in green apples softens stone too so I ought 27 lbs last night and am juicing, drinking two liters a day for three days, then epsom salts and then I'm doing the olive oil flush. It was bad last night and I took 1/2 c lemon juice & 1/2 cup olive oil, shook it up and chugged in desperation. Laid on my right side and went to bed. half hour later, the pain was gone. It's back today, but not as bad so far. I'm eating nothing w/ fat now, just corn tortillas and homemade cilantro pesto. I'm going to stick w/ only a small diet for a few days.

Jen D

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

euromom (03-06-2010)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for Firebird Rising:
euromom (03-06-2010), Zooey (03-11-2010)
Old 03-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #21
euromom
Rose Garden

How are you feeling today? So you are preparing for the flush now? How is it going? I only have about a wk left before I have my consult. I am so ready to try the flush! yours goes well and you get a lot of stones out and start feeling better!

Old 03-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #22
euromom
Rose Garden

Ugh, another attack. I was ASLEEP! For almost 3hours and woke up to this. It's 2am..WHY???? Why would I have felt pretty ok and wake up to this hours later???? I felt tender when I went to bed (but not the pressure like feeling I have now) and fell asleep on my stomach...could sleeping on my tummy when I feel sore like that be a problem? Ugh, why o why, I HATE this so much. I've been so careful of what I eat and feeling so much better and then today I cheated here and there with small bits of some things (like a few small bites of cheese) could that be why this is happening???? I had been doing so well til now, Ugh, why when I feel better do I think I'm invincible when I am NOT

The Following User Says they are praying for euromom:
crunchymum (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 12:21 AM   #23
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

I'm so sorry Trish. I know that any sort of pressure on my stomach or chest is uncomfortable if I'm in the middle or starting an attack. If you think you're body is fairly empty of food, you can do 1/2 c lemon juice 1/2 c olive oil, shake it up to mix it really well. Then chug it and immediatly lay on your right side with your right knee up to your chest as tight as you can. No guarantee it will help, but it helped me last time.

you get through this and are able to feel better.

Also, after my last attack, I've been juicing 10 lb of green apples a day and have felt MUCH better, actually, symptom-free.

Jen D.

PS: And yes, cheese could have triggered it. For me, it's the cadbury eggs. I had to switch to the mini ones. And I can only have ONE a day.

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

euromom (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #24
Iarwain
Rose Garden

Iarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond repute

I only skimmed this but wanted to encourage you both. I was diagnosed with gallstones in early 2002. I had 1-2 attacks a month until I did the flush and then they stopped completely. It was several years before I had another, including through two pregnancies. IF I had done another flush at or before that point I truly believe that I would have gone back to being symptom-free - but I didn't. I kept meaning to but kept putting it off until the attacks were coming lots more frequently and I wound up in the ER with pancreatitis, a stone stuck in the bile duct, a slightly complicated gall bladder removal surgery, and several days in the hospital. I *really* wish I had done the flush sooner. It helped me SO much.
The Mad Scientist - 18
Princess - 15
Lemur - 12
Noodle - 9
... and little miss Rosebud - age 6
Iarwain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iarwain For This Useful Post:
euromom (03-09-2010), Firebird Rising (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #25
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iarwain View Post
I only skimmed this but wanted to encourage you both. I was diagnosed with gallstones in early 2002. I had 1-2 attacks a month until I did the flush and then they stopped completely. It was several years before I had another, including through two pregnancies. IF I had done another flush at or before that point I truly believe that I would have gone back to being symptom-free - but I didn't. I kept meaning to but kept putting it off until the attacks were coming lots more frequently and I wound up in the ER with pancreatitis, a stone stuck in the bile duct, a slightly complicated gall bladder removal surgery, and several days in the hospital. I *really* wish I had done the flush sooner. It helped me SO much.
Would you be willing to briefly share the steps of your flush? Was it similar to what I've posted?

And I'm sorry it came down to the ER and eventually surgery. I really had a tough time when I went in September. I was 20 or so weeks pregnant and it scared the poo out of me. They said my liver was having trouble.

Jen D.

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #26
Iarwain
Rose Garden

Iarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond reputeIarwain has a reputation beyond repute

It has been a few years but I know there was a half-day of fasting on apple juice (I didn't juice fresh, just bought it from the store) beforehand and fasting the day of, multiple doses of epsom salts six hours apart to relax the ducts, and I can't remember if it was one or two shots of oil/juice. I used fresh-squeezed graperfruit juice as I had read that it was the easiest to gag down. The epsom salts cause raging diarrhea and left me pretty much out of commission for a couple days but that's better than getting a stone stuck in the bile duct. Trust me on that one.
The Mad Scientist - 18
Princess - 15
Lemur - 12
Noodle - 9
The Following User Says Thank You to Iarwain For This Useful Post:
euromom (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #27
euromom
Rose Garden

I had a near miss with the ER again but am feeling sooooo much better now (just tender around the glallbladder area)

Last night around 3am I tried the lemon juice with olive oil. I couldn't quite sqeeze a 1/2 cup so I did 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup. Chugged it down and went and laid on my right side. It felt amazing! Before that I could not lay on my right side at all without being in pain, after driking that it felt GOOD! I feel asleep and woke up at 5 and felt Fantastic. I thought it was all over and done with. I feel back to sleep and around 6:30 I woke up feeling all that pressure again about an hour later dh suggested to try the lemon and olive oil again. This time he squeezed the lemon for me and got much more. I chugged it but then I couldn't keep it down. It triggered a violent vomiting episode. I thought, well at least it did that I should feel better in 1/2 an hour. I waited and took a hot shower while I waited. 1/2 hour later, I still felt horrible, and vomited all the water I had been sipping on waited again, still in LOTS of pain. Vomited one more time but only bile would come up. This is what I think may have finally helped. Meanwhile I am feeling like this is NEVER going to end. I couldn't even nurse poor dd I was in so much pain so dh called some friends to come over to watch the older 2 so I could go to the ER. When they got here, I was able to get in a position that was painfree to nurse dd2. Then I laid down and slept. 1/2 later woke up really nauseous and with chills so still considered the ER even though the pain was not as bad (could lay on left side on this point but not on my right at all) I called the Dr to ask their advice but when I got off I was like well of course they are going to tell me to go to the ER, they would be liable otherwise not too. They told me "your gallbladder could rupture so you need to go" But I told dh *if* I could make it til Monday when I see the Surgeon, I wanted to wait. At that point I was more nausesiated then in pain (but worried about not keeping down water and dehydration) and I didn't want to have to fight off surgery with them over there, just too tired by then to deal with it. So I laid down and got to sleep for FIVE HOURS dd2 slept with me and was able to nurse when she needed. I am up now and going to bake a potatoe to eat and see how that goes. Monday could not come soon enough for me. I'm so ready to try a flush!

Oh, an epsom salt question. I was at the store the other day and for the life of me could not find any. What section are they normally in?

Old 03-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #28
Iarwain
Rose Garden

The epsom salts will be in the first aid supplies area (used for soaking sprains and such).
The Mad Scientist - 18
Princess - 15
Lemur - 12
Noodle - 9
The Following User Says Thank You to Iarwain For This Useful Post:
euromom (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #29
Firebird Rising
Rose Garden

Encircling Mountains

I'm NAK so bear in mind

glad you're better
olive oil/lemon does cause vomiting many times/many people
for you till appointment

Привет! Меня зовут Джен!
Hi! My name is Jen!

euromom (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #30
euromom
Rose Garden

I have a question about apple juice. You have a juicer so I assume you drink it room temp, but I have to get store bought apple juice which means once it's opened it will have to be refrigerated. Will cold apple juice irritate things as does cold water and other cold drinks? Is it a bad idea to drink it cold? I am drinking some luke warm now that I just opened but I don't want the juice to go bad so will have to refrigerate what I don't drink tonight and then I might be scared to drink it tomorrow I'm scared of everything right now

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

also Iarwain, which store bought juice did you find is best to use. Did you buy Organic?