Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #16
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parasite cleanse--especially for children

I took oregano as my anti-microbial of choice while nursing because I couldn't do garlic. I like it a lot.

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allisonintx For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #17
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

ooh I need to do this...

where is the best place to get the Trilight stuff?

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #18
lmgeenw
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

lmgeenw has disabled reputation

Okay, I really want to know more. So how do you find out what kind of parasite your child might have? I have 2 children with GI issues and dh and I do too. And we all eat and eat and never gain weight. I am now for the first time in my life, but only because I am having thyroid issues. The amount of food we eat is just incredible. And we have to eat perfectly to stay healthy. We all have allergies and health issues. Lately I have been wondering about parasites, but I want to know more. What are the symptoms and where can I go for help? I am so by the whole thing, but if this is our issue, our lives would drastically change!

Wife to DH since 1999
Momma to 3 awesome kiddos
IBCLC and postpartum doula in private practice
lmgeenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #19
amstermarie
Rose Garden

amstermarie is a jewel in the roughamstermarie is a jewel in the roughamstermarie is a jewel in the roughamstermarie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I like the Trilight Herbs product called Worm Out. It tastes good, works fast and isn't terribly expensive, relative to other parasite killers.
is that one safe for breast feeding it has wormwood ?

Quote:
You just rub oregano oil in olive oil and rub on the bottom of her feet
do you have to rub in the olive oil.. in the past i just did oregano oil, i must have missed hearing to add it to olive oil first. i wonder now if it did anything. we were mostly trying to get yeast gone.. but i nkow its anti parasite too.. i have gottern the bigger boys to drink it in OJ, but ds3 and dd i still just put in on there feet.. i guess in the future ill add it to olive oil first..

Ricky 11/00
T.J 9/02
Adam 9/5/05
Dylan 9/18/12

Theresa born in water 1/29/2008

Kadin 3/04
Baby 2/15
Baby 11/15
amstermarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmgeenw
Okay, I really want to know more. So how do you find out what kind of parasite your child might have? I have 2 children with GI issues and dh and I do too. And we all eat and eat and never gain weight. I am now for the first time in my life, but only because I am having thyroid issues. The amount of food we eat is just incredible. And we have to eat perfectly to stay healthy. We all have allergies and health issues. Lately I have been wondering about parasites, but I want to know more. What are the symptoms and where can I go for help? I am so by the whole thing, but if this is our issue, our lives would drastically change!
I want to know too.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #21
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy
Quote:
I want to know too.
Im not a professional in this area only an expert by unwanted experience
what you mentioned are symptoms but then they could be symptoms for other things, like just a slow bowel for example.
Odds are, if you dont intentionally add foods to your diet or do regular parasite cleanses you have parasites. If you arent having a movement atleast 1-2 times a day(preferably after every meal) then you have parasites. If you have all the above and dont wake up in the morning refreshed and rested before the alarm on your own, you have parasites.
If you have yeast, you have parasites. If you have the above and your ears itch every now and then but regularly, you have parasites. If your jaw hurts or you grinde your teeth and the above, you have parasites. I could just go on and on and on.

A great way to tell though is to eat a meal that will irritate them.
Tell me a meal you like or what kind of food (mexican, asian, american) and i could suggest a meal with ingredients that will let you know.
Keep a journal for 2 full moons (you can google and check this with a farmers almanac) and see if there are patterns with how you feel, sleep, bowel movements, thats also a good way.

babies awake bbl with a cdc link to types of worms and some more.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
keepinghome (01-09-2012), Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #22
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #23
Littledisciples
Rose Garden

My sweet girls who have given me strength to endure

Littledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tell me a meal you like or what kind of food (mexican, asian, american) and i could suggest a meal with ingredients that will let you know.
We eat mexican food all the time and I even eat roasted whole jalapeno's. What do you mean by irritate them? Sorry just kinda stumped me on this question.

Mom of Kayla 2000, Katie 2001 and Kira 2004
Step Mom of B girl 1995, S girl 1998, J boy 2001, J girl 2002, M girl 2002, K girl 2003, S girl 2004

Grandma to J Dec 2014, J May 2017, G November 2018

Sometimes our life is crazy but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Resting with Jesus Seth, Mercy, Love, Serenity, Hope, Whisper and Clare bear
Littledisciples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #24
Happygrl
Rose Garden

Happygrl has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I'd be interested. We eat a lot of Mexican/Latin and Asian meals.

After you eat the ingredients, what do you look out for?

I've never really considered the possibility of parasites but, after some preliminary googling, I certainly have a lot of signs that could point to parasites.

Wife to Jim 01/08/00
Mama to Elizabeth 10/01/04, Benjamin 01/27/08 and Matthew 04/25/10

Facebook
Happygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #25
purstrength
Rose Garden

purstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud of

I'm interested too. We eat a little of everything...american, italian, mexican, etc.

And what do you look for after you've eaten "the ingredients."

Remembering Mary
purstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #26
backtobasicsmum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

backtobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond repute

I have one child who is a nailbiter...?????
J - 14 My sparkly girl
L - 11 My funny boy
O - 9 My snuggly boy
backtobasicsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #27
lmgeenw
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

We all grind our teeth. I am so bad that I wear a splint every night. I could go on and on about all our "issues" I guess. I am convinced that we, for some reason, don't absorb the nutrients in our food though and I wonder if it is some kind of parasite. I can get Renew Life products from our co-op which are supposed to be good cleanses and are designed for kids. But DD is pretty sick. She vomits a lot and is in a lot of pain. They diagnosed her with abdominal migraines, but I think that is an "I-don't-know" diagnosis. I am looking for things to help us all, but I certainly don't want to try anything that will make us worse! :/

I'll eat anything, but my kids are another story. They aren't into spicy foods.

Wife to DH since 1999
Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #28
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littledisciples
Quote:
We eat mexican food all the time and I even eat roasted whole jalapeno's. What do you mean by irritate them? Sorry just kinda stumped me on this question.
eating roasted whole jalapenos isnt really something that will irritate a parasite. maybe you but not a parasite   Im kidding, those are one of my favorite things to eat. I even eat whole fresh jalapenos with my sanwiches. kind of like having a cruncy pickle, except
with a kick.

Leah-you could go to a dr but unfortunatley they will throw meds at you. And if you have some that arent flushed out with natural things, the meds will kick some out but not all. And again, you might end up with them even more resistant.
If you were gonna seek help for it id go with someone that knows the symptoms and how to treat for them naturally, with healing the gut as key.
If you do it on your own. you can take a remedy and see. im pretty sure though, with allergies and all the other things you mentioned, things my family had, its gonna take more than a one time remedy. and if you had the symptoms previous to your thyroid. that might be caused by them as well. remember, they take your nutrients first and can move/live thtoughout the body, they might be causing that issue for you. might might not but wouldnt that be an easier fix to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amstermarie
Quote:
I like the Trilight Herbs product called Worm Out.  It tastes good, works fast and isn't terribly expensive, relative to other parasite killers.
is that one safe for breast feeding it has wormwood ?

Quote:
You just rub oregano oil in olive oil and rub on the bottom of her feet
do you have to rub in the olive oil.. in the past i just did oregano oil, i must have missed hearing to add it to olive oil first.    i wonder now if it did anything. we were mostly trying to get yeast gone.. but i nkow its anti parasite too.. i have gottern the bigger boys to drink it in OJ, but ds3 and dd i still just put in on there feet.. i guess in the future ill add it to olive oil first..
i know you didnt ask me but i had just done some digging about wormwood. there are different types of wormwood, some extremely mild and others you have to be more careful about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I'd be interested.  We eat a lot of Mexican/Latin and Asian meals. 

After you eat the ingredients, what do you look out for? 

I've never really considered the possibility of parasites but, after some preliminary googling, I certainly have a lot of signs that could point to parasites. 
Lets take mexican.
Tacos with beans/rice. chips and salsa/queso. Fruit salad for dessert. Use sea salt if possible but not necessary. Pretty inexpensive and easy meal.
Ingredients:
1.Beans (boiled with lots of crushed fresh garlic and lots of fresh onion. throw in some flax seed if you have it but not necessary)
2.Rice (again lots of fresh garlic and onion)
3.Salsa (you can make from scratch or you can buy a jar of salsa. Add lots of fresh onion, lime, and cilantro)
4. Queso (take some of the onion above and get some of the juice out of it and add it to the cheese. I just cut up velveeta, add a bit of water, tiny pieces of cilantro, and add as much of the onion juice as you can, couple drops for kids, 3 or 4 for adults, atleast that much of onion juice. I give that to the kids with chips. but i add jalapenos, tomato, and jalapenos for the adults.
5. You can make bean tacos if you dont eat meat or you can make whatever filling youre use to.
(toppings for the tacos-avacado(plain/salted is fine but if you can make it quacamole thats better)
6. Fruit salad-mix together the following
(be sure it is fresh!)
Watermellon
Pineapple
Papaya (most important one, save the seeds and dry them in the shade)
Coconut
Cantalope(for added sweetness but not necessary)

Some papaya info i ran across http:  //www.ayushveda.com/dietfitness/roundworms-and-papaya/

Another meal idea thats super inexpensive:
Ramen noodle soup or any noodles(even fettucine noodles, but without the ramen soup mix you have to season and add broth if you want soup)
carrots
onion
garlic
oregano oil or oregano capsules or oregaresp supplement capsules(i like oregaresp in lots of foods and my kids do too surprisingly, as long as i dont get heavy handed with it, about 1 capsule opened into 3 packs of soup)
  You can add the above into the noodles like a soup or you can boil the noodles, then fry it with the rest in a pan like pan fried noodles.
(we dont use soy but soy sauce added to the fried noodles would taste good)

If you can make something like a coconut yogurt smoothie to go with it even better.

Or even making gingerbread with fresh cloves and ginger. some molasses and/or flax seed (if possible but not necessary) as a dessert with any meal.

I know a lot of the above just sounds like food but almost every ingredient will bother atleast one type of parasite if fresh and in a large enough amount. Depending on the life cycle of the bug and if they are underneath folds inside or not will determine what it does. Like the link mentioned above you can eat a meal with things like:
onion
garlic
carrots
papaya
pineapple
avacado
oregano
cloves
(basil if youre doing italian)
and just wait and see or you can take something like castor oil later on. Either way, what you look for is just how you feel. Any stomach pains, pains that feel like menstrual cramping, gas, itching, headaches, diareah, stomach bloating, burning when you urinate, body odor other than from the garlic  , things like that.
When you do go, you look for white strings or white flecks. lots of tiny black flecks in the water, or cloudy fluffy stuff, to name a few. curezone is site that has actual pics that you can compare things to. Gross but very helpful.

If you can eat these things when they are in their cycle and already dislodged, it will be easiest to pass them. Try to eat the things above atleast once a day. aim for doing this starting about a week before a full moon, and through about a week after.

Dd is squirming gotta go but heres the cdc site (i dont put much stock in a lot of the info or lack of info that they have but its a list of all the kinds/types) and there is so much parasite info out there a google will probably leave you with more than what you ever wanted to know.

http:  //www.dpd.cdc.gov/dpdx/HTML/Para_Health.htm

Quote:
We all grind our teeth.  I am so bad that I wear a splint every night.  I could go on and on about all our "issues" I guess.  I am convinced that we, for some reason, don't absorb the nutrients in our food though and I wonder if it is some kind of parasite.  I can get Renew Life products from our co-op which are supposed to be good cleanses and are designed for kids.  But DD is pretty sick.  She vomits a lot and is in a lot of pain.  They diagnosed her with abdominal migraines, but I think that is an "I-don't-know" diagnosis.  I am looking for things to help us all, but I certainly don't want to try anything that will make us worse!   :/

I'll eat anything, but my kids are another story.  They aren't into spicy foods.  
my ds use to grinde really bad. now when he does i just up the foods above and it goes away 
I know I use to not absorb nutrients well because now that i am mindful and purposely adding foods i dont need near as much sleep. and all the things that come with not being able to absorb bvit in the area of the intestine have now gone. I always wonder if it was from built up plaque or from parasites 
Here are some things that helped us that you could add to what you mentioned:
probiotics (for some reason yo+ works better than anything we have tried, even expensive probiotics, with dairy, without dairy, no grass, with grass, you name it we tried it. If i could i would make our own 24 hour yogurt though. I got this idea from here:
http://www.pecanbread.com/
The above diet is actually pretty close to what I did on my own to begin healing my kids' guts. They all had their own set of symptoms along with undiagnosed asd, sensory issues, horrible allergies, muscle pains, you name it.
For my dd who doesnt like spicy I have to get creative. Garlic for example. I can put it in broccoli with lots of velveeta and she cant taste it. She cant taste it either when i add it to the beans and rice. And the onion juice, that hides well in velveeta. I know that isnt the healthiest thing but hey it gets the job done. I would rather do that than have to spend a fortune on only organic, only natural sugar, only this, only that, allergy friendly.
Soooo  garlic, onion, hidden. Oh, she likes cloves in certain things. Like chocolate hides cloves well. I make them gingerbread and put a scoop of homemade chocolate coconut ice cream on it and let it sit on top a bit so it sort of melts a little into it.  and the ramen soup, she will eat that. I throw the whole onion in and only smash (not mince) the garlic clove. That way I can scoop them out and they never know. raw carrots she eats fine. but i guess if she didnt like them i would put them in the spagetti. She eats papaya well too. If not, when you mix ripe papaya with cantaloupe it sort of makes it taste like cantaloupe. And if you mix the fruit with some yogurt then you really cant tell.
theres tons more but im kind of tired and i think i might be starting a book  sorry 
oh! one more thing. Only spring water for your dd is what i would suggest. No no no tap water!
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-17-2009, 12:21 AM   #29
lmgeenw
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

Thanks for all the information. We drink raw milk and I make yogurt. I was making kefir but it bothers DD for some reason. I have done so much with our diet over the years-no gluten, few grains, no processed sugar, limiting all sugar, healthy fats, grass fed meat and cheese... I wish wish wish that I could find a good naturopathic doctor around here. I have been looking all over the state. I have tried so many millions of things and spent so much money. I feel like I am grasping at straws sometimes and sometimes like things are coming together. My kids have attention issues, behavioral issues, and sensory issues, along with allergies, reoccurring yeast infections, asthma, GI issues, etc. I'm sure it is all somehow related. And doctors sure don't have a clue. All they do is hand me medication. I do think much of this is gut related, but probiotics, diet changes, fish oil, etc. haven't healed us. They have helped a lot, but there are pieces to the puzzle that I am missing. :/

Wife to DH since 1999
Old 02-17-2009, 12:26 AM   #30
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Thanks for all the information. We drink raw milk and I make yogurt. I was making kefir but it bothers DD for some reason. I have done so much with our diet over the years-no gluten, few grains, no processed sugar, limiting all sugar, healthy fats, grass fed meat and cheese... I wish wish wish that I could find a good naturopathic doctor around here. I have been looking all over the state. I have tried so many millions of things and spent so much money. I feel like I am grasping at straws sometimes and sometimes like things are coming together. My kids have attention issues, behavioral issues, and sensory issues, along with allergies, reoccurring yeast infections, asthma, GI issues, etc. I'm sure it is all somehow related. And doctors sure don't have a clue. All they do is hand me medication. I do think much of this is gut related, but probiotics, diet changes, fish oil, etc. haven't healed us. They have helped a lot, but there are pieces to the puzzle that I am missing. :/
uuuhhh how i hear you