Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 02-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parasite cleanse--especially for children

I've never really looked into this before but I am seriously considering it. Gracie has been a fingernail biter for several years now. Plus, she's having a few GI issues right now that *might* mean a parasite (or it just might be bug, or too much sugar--she just had a birthday).

Anyway, if you've ever given your kids a parasite cleanse, what did you do?

Also, is it safe for a BFing mom to do a parasite cleanse? I"m guessing no.

***ETA CAUTION***

For anyone researching parasites, please be cautioned NOT TO SEARCH THE INTERNET FOR PICTURES/IMAGES OF PARASITES without being prepared for what you will likely see. Many parasites are not microscopic, some can be very large. I found some very graphic and disturbing photos that I wish I hadn't seen.

Last edited by Soliloquy; 05-13-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parasite cleanse--especially for children

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
HummusDip

you start the coolest threads evahhhh
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

I just posted about paranix jr. on a different thread today
I use paranix junior this about annually for all the kids at tax time - S hasn't ever gotten it yet is as it's not recommended for under 3 yo I did it every 3 months for L when he was on chemo because it's also has great cleansers in there It's GREAT stuff - they start to poop like crazy too
It's on this page http://www.allnaturalcleanse.com/add...lproducts.html

I was pondering ONLY doing S because L and A are on essiac and it's antiparasitical but then I remembered that they all take aloe vera juice cleanse so now I don't think I will do it at all - haven't decided yet.

I don't believe that an herbal parasite cleanse is safe for bfing moms but I am pretty sure aloe vera juice is safe for bfing moms I am not positive about it though This site http://www.aloelife.com/AloeVeraPages/AloeSafety.html talks about how most people think children and pregnant people shouldn't use it and that is false. The concern is diarrhea and possible dehydration in the infant. I have used it while bfing but S was the one bfing and she has chronic constipation so I was unconcerned.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
jade

I recommend Black Walnut. A friend of mine lived in China for several years and suspected that she picked up a parasite there. She used the black walnut, and it seemed to clear things up.

This site, http://drclarkstore.com/black-walnut...ength-2oz.html, has suggested doses and more information.

ETA: I don't know anything about the website, I was just searching for information on giving black walnut to kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I will read more when I have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummusDip
you start the coolest threads evahhhh
why, thank you! Is evahhh a Wall-E quote? Gracie just lost her EVE toy and is heartbroken.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade
I recommend Black Walnut. A friend of mine lived in China for several years and suspected that she picked up a parasite there. She used the black walnut, and it seemed to clear things up.

This site, http://drclarkstore.com/black-walnut...ength-2oz.html, has suggested doses and more information.

ETA: I don't know anything about the website, I was just searching for information on giving black walnut to kids.
black walnut is in paranix junior It's a great antiparasitical

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
Littledisciples
Rose Garden

My sweet girls who have given me strength to endure

Littledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond repute

I have given mine black walnut and oregano oil. the combo works great. You just rub oregano oil in olive oil and rub on the bottom of her feet and then giver black walnut with applesauce. No Parasite can take that combo.

Mom of Kayla 2000, Katie 2001 and Kira 2004
Step Mom of B girl 1995, S girl 1998, J boy 2001, J girl 2002, M girl 2002, K girl 2003, S girl 2004

Grandma to J Dec 2014, J May 2017, G November 2018

Sometimes our life is crazy but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Resting with Jesus Seth, Mercy, Love, Serenity, Hope, Whisper and Clare bear
Littledisciples is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Littledisciples For This Useful Post:
homesteadmama (03-18-2010), Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #9
Blue Aurora
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond repute

Our whole family used black walnut this summer. I put it oj and the kids got a treat after they finished it (a vit. c ) I"m not sure if they truly needed it but I was feeling paranoid after living in hawaii for almost 4 years. We did it for 10 days and I got the tincture from our ND in hawaii. It does taste AWFUL though.

True obedience is a matter of love, which makes it voluntary, not compelled by fear or force. ~Dorothy Day

Blue Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Aurora For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I have oregano oil already . . . so I can mix it w/ olive oil and rub it on their feet? What's the ratio?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #11
Littledisciples
Rose Garden

Littledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM
I have oregano oil already . . . so I can mix it w/ olive oil and rub it on their feet? What's the ratio?
Just two or three drops (not dropper full ) to one tsp olive oil. Thats what I have done for all my kids. We did this last year and she was 3 then. That should give you an idea. For a baby or toddler she said one drop is enough with a tsp. We had a 1 year old last year too. Now this is what was recommended for us. Remember not to go more then 2 weeks with Oregano Oil as its pretty strong stuff. Hope that helps you out.

Step Mom of B girl 1995, S girl 1998, J boy 2001, J girl 2002, M girl 2002, K girl 2003, S girl 2004

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Littledisciples For This Useful Post:
homesteadmama (03-18-2010), Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #12
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Thank you, that is a big help!

So, use it daily for 2 weeks? I know oregano oil is strong--my DH took 2-3 drops in a glass of water for a cough once--he said it burned all the way down.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #13
Littledisciples
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM
Thank you, that is a big help!

So, use it daily for 2 weeks? I know oregano oil is strong--my DH took 2-3 drops in a glass of water for a cough once--he said it burned all the way down.
It even kills Geardia (not sure spelling) I just it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Littledisciples For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #14
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Trilight Herbs product called Worm Out. It tastes good, works fast and isn't terribly expensive, relative to other parasite killers.

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allisonintx For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 02-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #15
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Oregano wont burn if you add it to lots of honey 
And you can use it topically while nursing as well as taking a supplement like oregaresp. I take that and i am nursing. I also take bentonite clay (theres a sticky here that i shamelessly gush on and on about it but i first really started taking it because i was pregnant and the family had parasites  )

You really should first try and figure out if it really is a parasite and what type exactly it is before you start giving things. You dont want to give something that for a particular parasite it will only kill the adults and not the eggs or vise versa. because then you see a difference but it will either return or return in a different way with a vengence. Like eczema. you dont keep covering it with emollients or you could just wind up eczema free but with asthma. kwim?

ETA: or you could all just go crazy with green papaya! supplements if they wont eat it. papaya is something that is wonderful for nursing moms as well as those that arent as far as breast health.
If you do give a herbal remedy be sure it has three things. wormood, cloves, and green hull walnut.
Even better is if you can also match any symptoms with a homeopathic remedy at the same time. and adjust the homeopathic remedy accordingly if you see symptoms change.

Parasites are notorious hiders and have had centuries to evolve. They arent always easy to completely get them entirely out, especially if there are gi issues. they might actually be causing some or all of the gi issues.
Personally, i would work on healing her gi issues so her body can rid them naturally and at its own pace. they cause damage internally that needs to be healed when there are gi issues existing. figuring out why she is having gi problems is probably gonna be the key for you in completely getting rid of any problems. including the nail biting believe it or not.
if she has a healthy gut and you have a diet that aids this like lots of onions, garlic, oregano, citrus, cloves, healthy fats, etc.. then she can come in contact with a gazillion parasites and they will pass right through. because thats what normally happens to everyone. parasites are nasty buggers but they are natures clean up crew that can sometimes go wrong 
which ever path you choose with this just be careful which you choose because you wouldnt want to give something that might end up making things worse. Like choosing an herb that kills the adult but not the eggs and the parasite in particular happens to be one that releases eggs when it dies. then things might appear better for a time but will come back with a vengeance once those eggs mature. or there are some parasites that you want to actually take an herb to stun them along with something to quickly pass them so it will be passed before it has time to lodge its head in and only pass the tail end of itself. i know, but something i think should be said. you dont want to mess around with this sort of stuff when it is a child with gi problems     
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)