Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #16
ReedleBeetle
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Hangin' on for dear life!

ReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which has more in a homeopathic

Hmmm...ok. So instead of the 2 pills I gave him each time, just one? But frequently until he seems to be getting it?

BTW, he woke up in a FABULOUS mood and has had NO upsets so far, even begged for time with Daddy. I got to sleep in!!!!!!! And he came up one time and said, "I am sad Daddy isn't taking turns. Can I have my little pills that help me?" Could this stuff be our miracle?

Single Momma to LegoCraft May 2005
ReedleBeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #17
JellyBean
Rose Garden

JellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond repute

Homeopathy in my experience has either been miraculous or worthless. If it works...its works amazingly and fast. There doesn't seem to be an in between. The key is finding the correct remedy and a lot of times that can be hard and frustrating. BUt it seems you may have found it first try! I'll be praying it continues to work for I!
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyBean For This Useful Post:
Zooey (05-26-2010)
Old 05-26-2010, 01:35 AM   #18
Zooey
Rose Trellis

Zooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean View Post
Well there is more potency in different strengths so it definitely matters. Its not like alopathic medicine though so its not something you can overdose on by the amount you take (although you can take too high of a potency). The other problem that makes homeopathy confusing is there are different schools of thought on it. Classical says to take one dose and let it take affect. It claims once healing is in motion you don't need another dose until the healing stops. So...if you are treating a fever and the fever starts to go down upon treatment, you don't give another dose until the fevers tops going down. Then you'd dose again. Other's think you give doses every 5 mins or 10 mins or so on. Its confusing. I know.

Homeopathy is confusing and fascinating. If I hadn't had so many amazing real life experiences with it I would think it was complete and utter hogwash because it sure sounds bogus! But I've seen remedies do crazy things. Just like recently with my poor Avi and having the gate and boy fall on her. Her head was bruised up badly. Gave her 200C arnica and the next morning just barely a faint bruise...by the afternoon when daddy got home from his trip...NOTHING! Made me look like a crazy over paranoid mom.

But as for the original question. The best I can answer it, is homeopathy works on the basis that Like cures like. So if you have a high fever you take belladonna. Belladonna is a poisonous plant that causes high fever. According to like cures like, diluted down so its safe...it will cure the fever. Doesn't matter the amount...in theory your body will be cured by the like amount regardless if its a little or a lot. However...if you were to take belladonna 6c your fever may start to go down a few degrees and then its out of your system very quickly b/c its a weak strength and bam...your fever is back high. So if you notice an improvement and that stalls or goes back to where it was, then your dosing is too low. Does that make any more sense at all?
The most amazing things I have ever seen with homeopathy have been when I have used it to treat cats!
Cats have very strange, paradoxical reactions to all "standard" meds, and I have pulled out my homeopathic health kit in desparation, only to watch an animal get better so fast.....and then, try explainingthat to the vet!! "Well, I gave her chamomillus (sp)., and then arnica montanus, and she was fine, so I just--"...."You did WHAT?!!??
Which was when I started trusting homeopathics for other humans than myslef!! (I figured, up to then, that I was the guinea pig, you know?)
Zooey is offline   Reply With Quote