Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #31
Embracing Grace
Rose Trellis

Embracing Grace has disabled reputation
Default Re: HFCS-Free Product List

Brownberry and Arnold breads are now HCFS free....

Josiah, 7
Judah, 3
Married to John
www.hebrew4christians.com
Embracing Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #32
Victorious
Rose Garden

Victorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond repute

maybe it was the hydrogenated stuff he was worried about? I know whatever it was Peter Pan was the only brand that had it; of course, that was a couple of years ago and they could have changed the formula.
Amy (04/26/11)

Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #33
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...I haven't heard of HCFS being in PB...I am usually worried about the hydrogenated oils in PB... which is why I read lables for it..

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #34
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious
maybe it was the hydrogenated stuff he was worried about? I know whatever it was Peter Pan was the only brand that had it; of course, that was a couple of years ago and they could have changed the formula.
Yea its not my first choice but it was during a time I really didn't want to pass the deal up.. Were finishing up the finial jar now.

Deanna
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #35
Victorious
Rose Garden

Victorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond repute

Totally get the budget -I haven't seen that brand in a while now that I think about it
Amy (04/26/11)

Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #36
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

your not missing anything. The "taste" is alright a little too sweet for my taste but the texture really gets to me its just well too slimy for my liking

Deanna
Old 01-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #37
hey mommy
Rose Garden

I am so hopelessly in love..

hey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond repute

Pirates Booty has no HFCS in it..

Prego brand spaghetti sauce uses sugar, not HFCS.

Janice (ISFP), single-mommy to Cias(11) Samuel( 4) and 2 babies in heaven

Scully: You know, there is life on this planet.
Mulder: I've seen the life on this planet, Scully, that's why I'm looking elsewhere.

A

Check out my NEW facebook page.
I am now a Plexus Ambassador.
hey mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #38
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

Hunt's Garlic and Herb Spaghetti sauce is the only one by Hunt's that I have found that is hfcs-free. When they are a buck a piece I get a few of those.
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #39
Maggie
Deactivated

love

Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond repute

New England Brown Bread is sweetened only with honey and I can even find that at my small-town grocery store. New England's other breads are also HFCS-free, but the one I mentioned is the only refined sugar-free one.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #40
MessyBee

For spaggetti sauce, Ragu All Natural sauces afe HFCS and preservative free.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #41
Raspberries

For spaghetti sauce, I find it's easier to just by diced or stewed tomato and paste. It's usually just straight tomato, and then you can add the spices you want.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #42
MessyBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberries
For spaghetti sauce, I find it's easier to just by diced or stewed tomato and paste. It's usually just straight tomato, and then you can add the spices you want.
that's great idea, we do that too... but we also find it handy to have some ready made handy... ds is very picky about spice proportions and for some reason ragu hits the spot...
Old 02-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #43
mamahammer
Deactivated

There must be beaches in heaven

mamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond repute

We've just this week decided that, henceforth, we won't be purchasing anything with HFCS These are some of the things I found at the grocery store:

Nature's Own Honey 7 Grain bread
Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread
McCormick's Chili Seasoning
Kashi Go-Lean cereal
Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal
Kashi Heart-to-Heart Golden Brown Maple Oatmeal
V8 Fusion Blueberry Pomegranate
V8 Fusion Strawberry Banana
Eggo Buttermilk Waffles
Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon
Smucker's Simply Fruit jams
mamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #44
BeckaBlue
Rose Garden

AKA mama2madj

BeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBeckaBlue has a reputation beyond repute

aunt millies breads apparently dont use hfcs

newmans own products usually have no hfcs...i *love* they're spaghetti sauce!!!
K, 14 ENP
A, 11 INJ
N, 10 EFJ
J, 5.5 ETJ
El 10/11
D 1/13

"Against the grain should be a way of life. What's worth the prize is always worth the fight" - Nickelback
BeckaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #45
jandjmommy
Rose Bouquet

jandjmommy is a glorious beacon of lightjandjmommy is a glorious beacon of lightjandjmommy is a glorious beacon of lightjandjmommy is a glorious beacon of lightjandjmommy is a glorious beacon of lightjandjmommy is a glorious beacon of lightjandjmommy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4MKfam View Post
Organic Heinz ketchup
:
Fantastic! Will look for this. We love Heinz but hate the HFCS--it's the only thing we still purchase with the HFCS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady TS View Post
There is a powdered form of HFCS now. I don't remember the name of it, but will see if I can do a search and find the name of it.

I think the name is "crystalline fructose"
Here is a link to a blog/site about it(link broken as I don't know what else they have on there): http://redtext.little rabbit.com/?p=481=1
Yikes. Very sneaky.

My kids love Dannon Activia, Danimals, and Crush Cups--none have HFCS. I contacted Yoplait recently complaining they are marketing GoGurt to kids and it contains HFCS; they sent me a letter stating that they cater to "many types of families"--?? I replied that no type of family benefits from ingesting HFCS and they just sent me a free coupon for GoGurt. Ugh. So no Yoplait for us, though the Yoplait Kids doesn't have HFCS.
Smuckers Low Sugar jam doesn't have HFCS *or* artificial sweeteners. It's very good, and 5 grams sugar per Tbsp; the Simply Fruit (also tasty) has 8 grams per Tbsp.
jandjmommy is offline   Reply With Quote