Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:50 PM   #76
HuggaBuggaMommy
Administrator

HuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Instant pot!

Okay, coming back to this. I'm just not feeling the Instant Pot love. I like it, and better than the slow cooker, but maybe it's me? I just don't have interest in making the things folks seem to rave about.

Oldest, 22
Middlest, 13
Youngest, 10
HuggaBuggaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #77
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Soup? Beans? We're going to have split pea soup tomorrow.

I used it to make rice the other day and it was perfect. It was so nice not to have to babysit rice. (I have the world's worst cooktop and rice and oatmeal often burn.)
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #78
Dandelion
Rose Garden

Dandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond repute

I have used it for oatmeal numerous times and loved it. I made a spaghetti squash the other day - super easy and fast. http://www.youseasonwithlove.com/rec...e-instant-pot/

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Also, I am retracting my previous comment about it being smaller than my other pots. I did a refried beans for a second time and I was able to fit the same amount as I normally do in my crockpot. The first time I was being more conservative because I was afraid of over filling it and having a big mess but that doesn't seem to be an issue.
B 8/99
O1 5/03
V 6/05
M 7/07
L 11/10
H 11/12
O2 11/15
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dandelion For This Useful Post:
backtobasicsmum (02-08-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #79
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I really love it for steaming veggies. I've been using mine 2-3 times a day.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Dandelion (02-05-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 05:33 AM   #80
Llee

Dancing stands with all seahorses who are journeying to freedom

Llee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond repute

FYI, for amazon prime members, the Instant Pot is $69.99 right now during their deals day.

Lead the children to see in every pleasant and beautiful thing an expression of God's love for them. Recommend your religion to them by its pleasantness.
Let the law of kindness be in your lips.
~Ellen G. White

Llee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Llee For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (07-12-2016), ECingMama (07-12-2016), squiddles (02-20-2017)
Old 07-12-2016, 01:37 PM   #81
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

I literally squeed in pure delight this morning when I checked and saw this!!! I have had the instant pot in my cart for MONTHS waiting for that price drop. It's been sitting at $120. Yesterday I got a $30 off $150 promotion for amazon and was prepared to use it on the instant pot, bringing it down to $90.

THEN THIS!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Mind you, I wasn't a prime member. Perfect time to do the free trial.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (07-12-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 03:12 PM   #82
Pearl In Oyster
Rose Garden

growing every day

Pearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond reputePearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond reputePearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond reputePearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond reputePearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond reputePearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond reputePearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond reputePearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond reputePearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond reputePearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond reputePearl In Oyster has a reputation beyond repute

I just bought one.

Celebrating resurrection life after a heart transplant on 2/21/15!

Married since 8/28/04 to a big Bear
Mama to sweet & spirited Charlotte , born 9/08, determined & imaginative Zachary , born 6/12, one I'll see in heaven 10/10, and easy-going Elliott , born 4/14!
Pearl In Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pearl In Oyster For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (07-12-2016), ECingMama (07-12-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #83
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I got one too!!!
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
Llee (07-12-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #84
backtobasicsmum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

backtobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond repute

I still use mine almost daily, so I'm glad to see you guys scoring a deal!
J - 14 My sparkly girl
L - 11 My funny boy
O - 9 My snuggly boy
backtobasicsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to backtobasicsmum For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (07-13-2016), ECingMama (07-12-2016)
Old 07-13-2016, 02:08 AM   #85
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobasicsmum View Post
I still use mine almost daily, so I'm glad to see you guys scoring a deal!
I agree! I borrowed a friends' for about a month to try out before I bought and I couldn't believe how often I used it! I gave it back a couple of weeks ago and I've been suffering since. So many times at dinner prep I've found myself wishing I have my instant pot!

Especially in the summer when I hate to turn on the indoor stove or oven.

Can't wait for it to come!!!
Old 07-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #86
Ms_Dahl
Rose Trellis

Ms_Dahl has a reputation beyond reputeMs_Dahl has a reputation beyond reputeMs_Dahl has a reputation beyond reputeMs_Dahl has a reputation beyond reputeMs_Dahl has a reputation beyond reputeMs_Dahl has a reputation beyond reputeMs_Dahl has a reputation beyond reputeMs_Dahl has a reputation beyond reputeMs_Dahl has a reputation beyond reputeMs_Dahl has a reputation beyond reputeMs_Dahl has a reputation beyond repute

Why oh why didn't I think of coming here 2 days ago to see if there was a thread on this!?! Grr...it was $50 off on Prime Day and I was debating on getting it but then I felt like it was too much like my crock pot's purpose. I hate the way beans taste in it and I dislike that I have to do some prep work on my stove before using the crock pot and I think I would rather toss the crock pot and just use the Instant Pot instead. I passed on the prime day sale and now I will have to patiently wait for it to possibly go on sale again. What a bummer
Save
Ms_Dahl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms_Dahl For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (07-15-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 10:01 AM   #87
2sunshines

Be patient. It will come on sale again. I have been waiting for a few months for this price. Learning patience in the process. but it was well worth the wait.

My instant pit arrived yesterday! An hour before we headed out camping for the weekend so it sits at home in the box but you can bet it will be used a ton this week!
Old 07-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #88
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight's Instant Pot Dinner: 4 minute rosemary and garlic crinkle cut potatoes (they taste amazing and have a great texture!) And steamed salmon and zucchini (I have the salmon on the steaming tray and zucchini in parchment paper above. Not having to stand over the grill or stove in this heat: priceless.

The Fish and zucchini turned out amazing, perfect texture for both. The zucchini has a slightly fishy bunt but nobody minded. dd1 has never liked fish but asked to try some because it wasn't grilled/fried and she liked it and ate half of mine.

dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
Dovenoir (07-15-2016), ECingMama (07-15-2016), Llee (07-15-2016), Quiteria (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 04:32 AM   #89
2sunshines

What was your potato recipe?
Old 07-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #90
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
What was your potato recipe?
Here you go http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/...rlic-potatoes/ I cut the garlic potatoes then put them in a batter bowl and tossed them in Olive oil and then Followed the rest of the recipe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (07-17-2016), Llee (07-16-2016)