Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* > Cloth Diapering & EC *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:31 AM   #1
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation
Default favourite store to buy cloth diapers

what is your favourite store to buy cloth diapers and why?

we had an old thread on this, but many of the stores had changed/gone out of business, etc. So time for a new one.

Share your experiences and links here.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:36 AM   #2
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation
Default Re: favourite store to buy cloth diapers

My absolute favourite right now is www.babyhopesclothdiapers.com She has EXCELLENT customer service, and the best part is that she has free shipping on everything, regardless of the size of your order. Every time I order I get a personal hand written thank you letter from her, along with a gift. She is fantastic.

In the past I have also ordered from www.naturalbabies.com, www.abbyslane.com, www.nickisdiapers.com all with great customer service and great success. These are stores that I always cross check to see where I can get the best deal.

If you're shopping for prefolds, I highly recommend www.greenmountaindiapers.com. She may not be the cheapest BUT her prefolds are superior to any other. Seriously. People told me this when I was shopping and I was kinda like "yea right" but now that I have some from her, I can definitely notice a difference. Worth every penny.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Katigre
Rose Garden

Why thank you, it is naturally blue...

Katigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond repute

www.nickisdiapers.com is fantastic, especially for buying covers because they have free shipping on many small/light items.
Katigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer to buy from a WAHM, especially a GCM. However, if I want pockets, I go to www.cottonbabies.com They have excellent customer service. I ordered some bumGenius and when they were about 1 year old, the elastic was shot. Even though the warranty was only 60 days, I wrote them and they replaced my diapers for free! They also include free inserts w/ every pocket diaper.

Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
inesperada
Rose Garden

Play nice, y'all.

inesperada has disabled reputation

Baby Hopes Cloth Diapers is hands down my favorite. No contest at all there! She is *wonderful* and has free shipping.

If she doesn't carry what I'm looking for, I generally just shop around at sales looking for the best deal. But I always try to buy from her first.

Wife of mi medianaranja, the tender-hearted servant, whose still waters run deep
Abbott, intensely 10
Hooch, SIX!
Our God is the God of the unexpected. ~Bill Crowder
inesperada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:14 AM   #6
JessicaNichole
Rose Trellis

JessicaNichole is a name known to allJessicaNichole is a name known to allJessicaNichole is a name known to allJessicaNichole is a name known to allJessicaNichole is a name known to allJessicaNichole is a name known to allJessicaNichole is a name known to allJessicaNichole is a name known to all

I love to buy cloth diapers from HyenaCart its awsome. my fave stores on there are bizzyBeehive, Hillbillybunny, Sweetiebums, and patchwork pixie but Bizzybeehive is my fave!! my fave store for wool soakers is pumpkinpiebaby!! bizzybeehive makes mostly Organic Cotton Volour diapers,, ohh so soft!! anyways, hope that helps www.hyenacart.com is my fave place to shop for my cloth diapered baby ( stay away from Luvease diapers, the lady that runs that store has terrible customer service among other things! )anyways hopes that helps!
JessicaNichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #7
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

I made my big getting-started order with Wee Bunz (weebunzdiapers.com) and was very pleased--fast, good customer service, best prices for what I bought (I did a lot of comparison shopping).
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
kellydd00

I shop at babycottonbottoms.com and kellyscloset.com and thanksmama.com. I think that's it... I like them all for different reasons. I especially like the bargain basement at babycottonbottoms. Kellyscloset and thanksmama have clearance items quite often.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
RachamMama

I really like www.little-lions.com and www.motherease.com. Little lions has free shipping for orders over $65 and has the best prices on BSWW and CPF's that I've found *anywhere*. Motherease one size diapers and Airflow covers are the absolute best (IMO) and I had to put a plug in for them. Their diapers last forever and dry quickly w/o sacrificing absorbancy.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #10
Amythestmama
Rose Garden

Amythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond repute

I like naturalbums.com . They process and ship very fast!! And they have lots of great smelling wash cubes!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #11
tntmedic

I'm late jumping in on this one, but I have a website I love, and the lady who runs it is fabulous! She also includes samples of everything from clothing, rash remedies, and detergents. She's great about answering emails with questions, and is probably soley responsible for getting us to exclusinve cloth diapering, helping me sort out brands and techniques for night-time diapering when we ran into problems.
the site:
www.punkinbutt.com

(and how can you resist a name like that???)
Old 05-02-2008, 07:03 AM   #12
Mert
Rose Garden

Mert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM
I prefer to buy from a WAHM, especially a GCM. However, if I want pockets, I go to www.cottonbabies.com They have excellent customer service. I ordered some bumGenius and when they were about 1 year old, the elastic was shot. Even though the warranty was only 60 days, I wrote them and they replaced my diapers for free! They also include free inserts w/ every pocket diaper.
I second this... I've done multiple orders from this site and gotten great service and quick shipping. They're quick to call with any questions and have always given me assistance when I needed it.
Mert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #13
NovelMama
Rose Garden

Our sweet family, 2017

NovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond repute

I don't suppose there's a list somewhere of GCM WAHMs that make diapers, is there? I know there's the list of WHAM businesses on the WAHM forum, but it would be nice to have a list here on the CD board of just the moms who make CDs. Just a thought...
Inspirational Women's Fiction author
Children's storybook author
Homeschool coach
NovelMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #14
Living My Dream
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

*Dream*Believe*Achieve*

Living My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond repute

uk online shops?? (why do i get the feeling we wont be eating because im buying CD stuff!?)

Living My Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:37 AM   #15
Tuesdayschild
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Have I forgotten anyone?

Tuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond reputeTuesdayschild has a reputation beyond repute

The United Kingdom 9and EU shoppers):

Baby Kind .co.uk - I can testify to GREAT service

Twinkle on the Web - haven't used them, but they have LOADS

Little Green Earthlets have some too, but they're quite pricey

My bambino mio prefolds have lasted quite well, but I don't like their covers as much as Motherease ones
Tuesdayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says they are praying for Tuesdayschild:
TuneMyHeart (06-07-2011)