Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Animal Companions (Pets) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Animal Companions (Pets) *Public* A public forum.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:12 PM   #16
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fleas

We have also put a little smear of Dawn on the flea comb so in case there were any fleas that jump that they would get caught on the comb and we had a small bowl of dawn water to put htem in so they didn't hop into the room.

It sounds like you are finally making progress.
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #17
Beauty4Ashes
Rose Garden

Beauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so. The only one who didn’t get treated was His Royal Highness Elmo who believes that he is the mayor over all the cats in San Diego. That cat only got one bath, that was 4 years ago when he was 10 months old. He fought me so hard, it took 4 of us to try to bathe him. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

All the others I bathed from the time that they were tiny. Even Ginger would grudgingly allow me to bathe her, trim her nails, bind her wounds, etc.

mom to B (6/2004)
D (6/2005)
L 4/2008
R 9/2015

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that they might be glorified.
Beauty4Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #18
Beauty4Ashes
Rose Garden

Beauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond reputeBeauty4Ashes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fleas

She still has fleas, but not as many. In the morning, I try to watch her when she uses the litter box to see if she has worms. Every couple of weeks, I see worms in her poop, one or two segments of a worm. I am going to try the diatomaceous earth. Do I spread it on her for the fleas daily or how often? If I read correctly, I can put it in her food for worms, 1/2 teaspoon. I have phone numbers for a veterinarian, she is now old enough for vaccines (8 weeks) I think, and the feline leukemia/feline aids test when she is 3 months. With Ginger’s kittens, I didn’t know any better, and I didn’t get them vaccines until they were closer to 4 months old, just before I had them spayed and neutered.

mom to B (6/2004)
D (6/2005)
L 4/2008
R 9/2015

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that they might be glorified.

Last edited by Beauty4Ashes; 08-09-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #19
Beauty4Ashes
Rose Garden

Should I apply diatomaceous earth to her fur daily until the fleas are gone? If I skip even one day bathing her, the fleas come back with a vengeance.

mom to B (6/2004)
D (6/2005)
L 4/2008
R 9/2015

Old 08-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #20
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping you have successfully evicted the fleas.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:15 AM   #21
gabriola
Rose Bouquet

gabriola will become famous soon enoughgabriola will become famous soon enough

No wise words, just want to send hugs as I know how frustrating these things can be.
gabriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:00 AM   #22
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

We cant bathe our dogs daily but using a flea comb dipped into vinegar water or wiping them down with vinegar water dampened cloth helps a lot

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #23
Beauty4Ashes
Rose Garden

She hasn’t taken a bath for 3-4 days. I plan to bathe her and all of the cats this week and give them their medicine. I have kind of been slacking off on the flea patrol.

mom to B (6/2004)
D (6/2005)
L 4/2008
R 9/2015

Old 08-27-2018, 10:06 AM   #24
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

I don't blame you; it is such hard work. I'm glad you could take a break.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 08-27-2018, 11:08 AM   #25
Beauty4Ashes
Rose Garden

Getting people ready for back to school took precedence over Chula’s fleas.

mom to B (6/2004)
D (6/2005)
L 4/2008
R 9/2015

Old 08-27-2018, 11:33 AM   #26
charla
Administrator

Definitely.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 09-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #27
Beauty4Ashes
Rose Garden

We may have a flea free kitty. Fingers crossed. Cat is out of the bag...

mom to B (6/2004)
D (6/2005)
L 4/2008
R 9/2015

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beauty4Ashes For This Useful Post:
charla (09-04-2018), Maedchen (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #28
charla
Administrator

Oh my goodness, those kitties are cute.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 09-05-2018, 12:08 AM   #29
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fleas

You will probably want to worm them with a wormer specific to tapeworms now that you have the fleas under control. Tapeworms are transmitted by eating the host flea, rather than by actual exposure to the worms so flea infestations and tapeworms go hand in hand since cats groom themselves a lot. Better to treat proactively as long as they are old enough and not sick because it’s super gross when they just start coming out. https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-p...ection-in-cats

Glad you have finally gotten it under control. When my older cats used to go out I had to be diligent about treating with a once a month or it would just go on endlessly. Even with indoor only cats now, we live in the country so fleas can jump on you outdoors and get brought in that way. I usually have to treat 2 months in a row during the spring and that’s it. It’s a huge factor in not allowing these newer cats outside because it’s just so much money and hassle to deal with the fleas and worms. I like revolution but my cats got too large (over 15 lbs) for it so I use cheristin now which works really well for all weights over 2 lbs.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

Last edited by sweetpeasmommy; 09-05-2018 at 12:14 AM.
sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
Maedchen (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 07:07 AM   #30
Beauty4Ashes
Rose Garden

Good to know. I had not heard of cheristin. I did see worms coming out of her a couple of times. It’s gross, but every time that she does her business in the morning, I watch to see if anything comes out in her droppings. I had wondered about tapeworms because of all the fleas.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Oh ew. I have not seen anything that looks like sesame seeds or rice in her droppings. But I will keep my eyes open for it.

mom to B (6/2004)
D (6/2005)
L 4/2008
R 9/2015