Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Entrees / Main Dishes *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
raining_kisses
Deactivated

..a little child, born yesterday, A thing on mother's milk and kisses fed... ~"Hymn to Mercury"

raining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond repute
Default Asparagus and Provolone Stuffed Chicken Thighs

I created a new recipe last night, and it was soooo wonderful I had to share it with y'all.

8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 bundle of apsargus, with the ends snapped off and the remainder cut in half
4 slices of provolone cheese, cut in half
bread crumbs (I made me own out of whole wheat toast, but store bought would be fine. I seasoned my bread crumbs with dill, garilic,salt, garlic powder, onion powder, ground dry mustard)
1 egg
splash of milk
grey pu pon
bacon grease (cooking oil would be fine, but I love the flavor of bacon grease. I always keep some in the freezer)
salt and pepper
chicken broth (I used frozen bone broth ice cubes I made, but store bought would be fine)
TB honey
TB butter
TB lemon
1/4 cup chopped onions
Dill
toothpicks

"Unroll" chicken thighs and place in gallon zip lock. Use a meat mallet to flatten out to even thickness. Salt and Pepper. Heat bacon grease in skillet and brown both sides of thigh. Let cool. Spread top side of thigh with a thin layer of gray pu pon mustard. Place half a slice of provolone on mustard. Place a few apargus on cheese. Roll chicken tightly and secure with tooth picks. Aparagus will stick out the ends. Dip in egg/milk mixture(I tried to just kind of roll the outside of the chicken in the egg and avoid the aparagus sticking out) then roll in bread crumbs and really press them in the chicken. Place in greased baking dish.

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temp is 165.

The Sauce:
Add your butter to your pan drippings(from browning the chicken) and caramilize onions. Whisk in lemon, chicken broth, honey, and dill. I used 4 of my icecubes, no idea how much that was. Maybe about 3/4 cup. Keep wisking until it boils, then let cool. Drizzle over chicken and serve.
raining_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raining_kisses For This Useful Post:
AngelaVA (04-10-2012), Johns_Gal (04-10-2012), lalaithnil (04-22-2012), ncsweetpea (04-10-2012), racheepoo (04-22-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asparagus and Provolone Stuffed Chicken Thighs

Well, my mouth watered from the title alone. I will have to make this Saturday, perhaps with turkey thighs from one of those birds in the deep freezer.
raining_kisses (04-10-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Location: The Pacific South-West. You know, north of the Pacific North-West
Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

Yum!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiara.I For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
tigerlily
Rose Garden

tigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds amazing!

Tell me more about "unrolling" the chicken.

‎"Don't they teach recreational maths anymore?"
~The Doctor
tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
raining_kisses
Deactivated

..a little child, born yesterday, A thing on mother's milk and kisses fed... ~"Hymn to Mercury"

raining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond repute

When I buy boneless skinless thighs, they are all rolled up and tight in the package. If you kind of fiddle with them they "unroll" and become a big rectangular shape. Does that make more sense?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
tigerlily
Rose Garden

tigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, gotcha.

I didn't catch that they were boneless. I thought you had some brilliant method for getting the meat off the bone easily.

‎"Don't they teach recreational maths anymore?"
~The Doctor
tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tigerlily For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
ncsweetpea
Deactivated

ncsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds yummy!
ncsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
raining_kisses
Deactivated

My husband hates chicken on the bones and the boneless skinless thighs are a nice compromise to the breast meat he used to prefer. I have convinced now that that dark meat is much juicier.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
ncsweetpea
Deactivated

ncsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond repute

This is on the menu for Wednesday night.

Now I need some sides...
Old 04-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
ncsweetpea
Deactivated

ing so someone else will get inspired to make this!!

It is awesome! Genius to use boneless skinless thighs. I had company last night...picky eating kind of company and everyone raved on this. The baby ate his entire roll. Even the 5 yo ate a good portion of hers.

The Following User Says Thank You to ncsweetpea For This Useful Post:
raining_kisses (04-22-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
bec28
Rose Garden

bec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that sounds amazing!
staying at home and loving it! learning to be a more grace filled, gentle mama
bec28 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bec28 For This Useful Post:
raining_kisses (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #12
raining_kisses
Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsweetpea View Post
ing so someone else will get inspired to make this!!

It is awesome! Genius to use boneless skinless thighs. I had company last night...picky eating kind of company and everyone raved on this. The baby ate his entire roll. Even the 5 yo ate a good portion of hers.

You are so welcome! I am glad everyone loved it so much.